Members' notes readable by guests?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Difflugia
Prodigy

Members' notes readable by guests?

Post #1

Post by Difflugia »

It looks like the Members Notes subforum can't be read by nonmembers. Is this intentional? If it is and it's working as intended, I'd like to request that it be made readable (even if not postable) by guests. I understand that the old token system is gone and that subforum hasn't really been addressed, but I'd like the notes that I put there to be public.

otseng
Savant

Re: Members' notes readable by guests?

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Difflugia wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:04 pm It looks like the Members Notes subforum can't be read by nonmembers. Is this intentional?
Yes, it's intentional. The original purpose is just a place for people to put personal notes, not as a place to post thoughts viewable by the public.
If it is and it's working as intended, I'd like to request that it be made readable (even if not postable) by guests. I understand that the old token system is gone and that subforum hasn't really been addressed, but I'd like the notes that I put there to be public.
Maybe we can have two Member Notes subforums - one that is private and another that is public.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Difflugia »

otseng wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:03 pmMaybe we can have two Member Notes subforums - one that is private and another that is public.
That would be nice, but you've also said that you don't want the site to turn into a blog. Thanks for thinking about it, anyway.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

Difflugia wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:31 pm That would be nice, but you've also said that you don't want the site to turn into a blog. Thanks for thinking about it, anyway.
If it was a specific part of the forum for blogging purposes, I don't mind. I just don't want the debate threads to be used for blogging.