How to upload a pic

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

How to upload a pic

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

I want to know how to upload a pic into a message. Or if I have to upload to another site, then link it here. I could never figure this out. Please just give me the basic steps. Thanks.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: How to upload a pic

Post #2

Post by Difflugia »

Dimmesdale wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:21 pm I want to know how to upload a pic into a message. Or if I have to upload to another site, then link it here. I could never figure this out. Please just give me the basic steps. Thanks.
I don't think this particular forum is configured to host images, so I use another site (imgbb.com, at the moment).

[img]https://i.ibb.co/kX1Kv5g/Yahweh-small.png[/img]

My pronouns are he, him, and his.

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

Correct, the forum doesn't host images.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #4

Post by Dimmesdale »

Difflugia wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:53 pm
Dimmesdale wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:21 pm I want to know how to upload a pic into a message. Or if I have to upload to another site, then link it here. I could never figure this out. Please just give me the basic steps. Thanks.
I don't think this particular forum is configured to host images, so I use another site (imgbb.com, at the moment).

[img]https://i.ibb.co/kX1Kv5g/Yahweh-small.png[/img]

Ok, if I use another site how do I make it so that the image shows up, not just the link?

Appreciated.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Difflugia »

Dimmesdale wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:47 amOk, if I use another site how do I make it so that the image shows up, not just the link?
Just put the URL of the image between the [img] and [/img] tags. My example shows the tags and URL because I intentionally messed with it so it would show as text. If you were to copy and paste the text from by response into a new post, it would show the image (a PNG of the Tetragrammaton in Hebrew) in the preview.

The hosting site I linked above is actually designed for phpBB forums. After you upload an image, it will show you the BBCODE to cut and paste into your post. You don't need to create an account or anything, but if you do, then you can see the images you've posted and reuse them if you want. Since there aren't any ads and I can't figure out what the business model is, I keep expecting it to disappear. I've been using it for a few years and it hasn't so far, though.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #6

Post by Dimmesdale »

Let's see....

But, looks like its a jpg not a png. Guess I need to change that....

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #7

Post by Dimmesdale »

I dunno…...

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #8

Post by Dimmesdale »

Ah, third time's the charm.... ;)

SPECIFICALLY BBCODE... got it.

This'll disappear in a month though.... (heads up to future posters - you have to set it as do not delete).

Miles
Savant

Post #9

Post by Miles »

Right click on the image you want to post.

Select "Copy Image Link" from the list of options.
Go to your post and select the "Insert Image" function on the list above the posting area.
Wherever you've put your cursor make sure it's between the [img.] [/img] that pops up.
Right click and select "paste."

William
Savant

Post #10

Post by William »

Image [snipped image]

That works well for images which do have an address attached. If one wished to post an image which has no addy, one has to create the addy by first snipping and then copying the image to a site which allows for that.
After that is done, one has the image addy and can then post it.

Image[snipped image]

In the above case, the image is of the "Post Image" button.

When clicked on, this gives one the code which allows an image to be displayed and the cursor is already in the correct place - one just needs to paste the addy.

[Above=snipped image] Note the cursors position is defaulted between the format coding for images.

I use windows 10 so the snipping tool icon looks like this;