Not receiving notifications on some posts

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Not receiving notifications on some posts

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

I'm not receiving notifications on some posts. This seems to be limited to replies that don't include a quotation. I'm not sure if others are seeing this or if it is related to something specific about my account settings or setup in general.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Not receiving notifications on some posts

Post #2

Post by Difflugia »

[Replying to Tcg in post #1]

No, I see that, too. In fact, you probably won't get a notification on this one...
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Difflugia »

Tcg wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:04 am I'm not receiving notifications on some posts. This seems to be limited to replies that don't include a quotation. I'm not sure if others are seeing this or if it is related to something specific about my account settings or setup in general.
...but you will on this one.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

Tcg wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:04 am I'm not receiving notifications on some posts. This seems to be limited to replies that don't include a quotation. I'm not sure if others are seeing this or if it is related to something specific about my account settings or setup in general.
That's correct. The reply button was code I added and not native to the phpbb software. And I couldn't figure out how to add notification to that.

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:25 am
...but you will on this one.
That's right. I did.

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

otseng wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:14 am
That's correct. The reply button was code I added and not native to the phpbb software. And I couldn't figure out how to add notification to that.
Oh, okay. Thanks for the explanation.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Difflugia »

Apparently I don't get notified for responding to myself, so if you don't mind, I'd like to do a quick test. I'm going to send you maybe four or five numbered responses to this post. After I tell you I've done the last one and at your convenience, would you post the response numbers for which you receive notifications?

Consider this response #1.

"Standard quotation."

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by Difflugia »

Response #2

"Copy-and-paste standard quotation, but post using the 'Post Reply' button."

Difflugia
Prodigy

Response test

Post #9

Post by Difflugia »

Response #3

"Standard quote response, but change the 'Subject:' line."

Tcg
Savant

Re: Response test

Post #10

Post by Tcg »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:45 pm
Response #3

"Standard quote response, but change the 'Subject:' line."
So far I've received notification of all three.