Suggestions and improvements

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Suggestions and improvements

Post #1

Post by otseng »

If you see any problems with this forum or have any suggestions on how to improve it, feel free to share it. If you have any complaints about it, feel free to go post them here.
Last edited by otseng on Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izumi Koushirou
Student

Post #2

Post by Izumi Koushirou »

I believe that you should open up a Politics and News area. Many topics of interest to religion debate appear from recent news and political issues, and I really believe that we should have at least a forum dedicated to that.

I also believe, that to expand your website, you might want to consider creating two areas in the forum: The Atheist Meeting Center and the Christian Meeting Center. A way of organizaing people and knowing who is who and what they believe in it.

Just a thought.
Izumi Koushirou
I know you�re afraid of us, afraid of change. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell how it's going to begin. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world where anything is possible.

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

Izumi Koushirou wrote:I believe that you should open up a Politics and News area. Many topics of interest to religion debate appear from recent news and political issues, and I really believe that we should have at least a forum dedicated to that.

I also believe, that to expand your website, you might want to consider creating two areas in the forum: The Atheist Meeting Center and the Christian Meeting Center. A way of organizaing people and knowing who is who and what they believe in it.

Just a thought.
Izumi Koushirou
Good ideas... I've implemented them.

Piper Plexed
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Piper Plexed »

I got a Go Figure, I can't seem to upload Avatars, document size and format are consistent with what the site requires but I get that X thing instead of an image. I also tried Netscape with same issue. Hmmmmm. I am on a MAC though I noticed Quark is too and he has a Groovy avatar...Help!
*"I think, therefore I am" (Cogito, ergo sum)-Descartes
** I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ...

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

Piper Plexed wrote:I got a Go Figure, I can't seem to upload Avatars, document size and format are consistent with what the site requires but I get that X thing instead of an image. I also tried Netscape with same issue. Hmmmmm. I am on a MAC though I noticed Quark is too and he has a Groovy avatar...Help!
Try it now. The permissions was not set correctly on the upload directory.

jlamb

Post #6

Post by jlamb »

Sir
Your system is not very good for receipt of messages. I have taken the trouble to compose an entry and edit it to copy it to your site. The site won't accept it as 'pasted'.
I've wasted 90 minutes. Thank you very much.
And finding how to do anything whatever on your site is a pain.
I don't want to compose replies etc off the cuff. I want to create a properly articulated case in advance then paste it. And without a lot a hassle. Is that too much to ask?

While I'm addressing you, may I ask if you gave out details of me to other bodies? I received mail from Philadelphia Church of God (two books) unsolicited , recently.

James Lamb

otseng
Savant

Post #7

Post by otseng »

jlamb wrote:Sir
Your system is not very good for receipt of messages. I have taken the trouble to compose an entry and edit it to copy it to your site. The site won't accept it as 'pasted'.
I'm not sure why you are not able to paste. That is strange.
And finding how to do anything whatever on your site is a pain.
I don't think it's different here than any other forums.
While I'm addressing you, may I ask if you gave out details of me to other bodies? I received mail from Philadelphia Church of God (two books) unsolicited , recently.
No information here is given/sold/released to anybody else. Also, anonymous users are not able to get personal info off the site. If someone does find a way to do it, let me know and I can close that hole.

Illyricum
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by Illyricum »

otseng wrote:
jlamb wrote:Sir
I'm not sure why you are not able to paste. That is strange.
Perhaps the entry had to many characters? Is there a limit as to how many characters the post may have, Otseng? Just a thought.
So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:19

otseng
Savant

Post #9

Post by otseng »

Illyricum wrote: Perhaps the entry had to many characters? Is there a limit as to how many characters the post may have, Otseng? Just a thought.
I highly doubt it. The limit is around 64 K.

Corvus
Guru

Post #10

Post by Corvus »

I was wondering if we could have an award system similar to America's Debate. Members can vote on who their favourite debater is, what their favourite topic is, who they'd most like to meet in real life, etc, thus encouraging thoughtful and involved participation.
<i>'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'</i>
-John Keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn.