Question re: The A Room

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

Overcomer
Guru

Question re: The A Room

Post #1

Post by Overcomer »

I am fairly new to this board and still haven't managed to visit all the forums. I do have one question, however. Why is the forum called The A Room for agnostics and atheists only? They are allowed to enter the Christian forums and ask questions and make comments there. Why can't Christians enter The A Room and join in discussions that are going on there?

ENIGMA
Sage

Re: Question re: The A Room

Post #2

Post by ENIGMA »

Overcomer wrote:I am fairly new to this board and still haven't managed to visit all the forums. I do have one question, however. Why is the forum called The A Room for agnostics and atheists only? They are allowed to enter the Christian forums and ask questions and make comments there. Why can't Christians enter The A Room and join in discussions that are going on there?
We can't enter the Holy Huddle Room and join in the discussions going on there, for a similar reason.
Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and all of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I will credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry [The big loud idiot in the room].

-Going Postal, Discworld

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

The A Room, Temple for Deist Debaters, and Holy Huddle Room are restricted subforums for people who have publicly identitified their belief system. For now, anybody can view what is posted there. However, to post there, one must be a member of the proper usergroup.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #4

Post by Overcomer »

Oh, I see! Then they're not forums of debate, just places where people of like mind can discuss the things they have in common. I understand. Thanks for the explanations.

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

Overcomer wrote:Oh, I see! Then they're not forums of debate, just places where people of like mind can discuss the things they have in common. I understand. Thanks for the explanations.
Correct, they are in the Discussion category so all debates are actually discouraged. It is currently the philosophy of the forum that for any topics of debate, any registered users can participate in them. Whereas there are a select few discussion areas where access is limited.