Account temporarily suspended due to change in email.

If you have problems registering or logging in, post here

Moderator: Moderators

Its_Rhonan

Account temporarily suspended due to change in email.

Post #1

Post by Its_Rhonan »

Hey.

This is Rhonan as a Guest. My email was compromised by a hacker and I had to change my address for my account.

It said my account was temporarily suspended... I didn't get a verification in my new email address' inbox, so, idk what I'm supposed to do now :(

Darias
Guru

Post #2

Post by Darias »

Yay problem solved. A validation email eventually turned up in my Spam box.

Unfortunately, my old email is still compromised and I'm thinking about deleting it altogether.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Goat »

Rhonan wrote:Yay problem solved. A validation email eventually turned up in my Spam box.

Unfortunately, my old email is still compromised and I'm thinking about deleting it altogether.
You can change your password.. but often what happens is that people either pick an email address and use that as a 'send' address for spam, or if people's computers get infected with a virus, they could be sending out spam and not even know it.

You can't do anything if the old email is faked , but change the password, and check your computer for malware and viruses to make sure you are not compromised in that respect.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Lux
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Lux »

I recommend you contact the email provider to try to get your email account back, or at least have it deactivated. As for your forum account, you should probably change your passport if you haven't already.

As a general tip, using numbers and/or symbols + letters instead of just numbers or just letters greatly reduces your chances of having your password taken by a hacker or by malware. Using both lower and uppercase also helps.
[center]Image

© Divine Insight (Thanks!)[/center]

"There is more room for a god in science than there is for no god in religious faith." -Phil Plate.