If you have problems registering or logging in, post here

Moderator: Moderators

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Problem with login

Post #1

Post by JohnPaul »

I just changed my web browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox. I cannot log in to the forum using Firefox. I have tried several times, changed my password, reregistered, etc., but nothing seems to work. Help! Is there something different about the Firefox browser? (I am using Internet Explorer to post this),

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by JohnPaul »

otseng wrote: I'll reset your password and email it to you.
Yes, it does work with Internet Explorer. I am logged in again!!! Perhaps I should leave well enough alone and use only Internet Explorer in this forum.

PS (edit) I have now changed my password, using Internet Explorer. Everything seems good so far.

PPS. It does NOT work with Firefox.

Korah2
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Korah2 »

[Replying to post 7 by otseng]
Please don't ban me for setting up a parallel user account. My user name Korah was working fine automatically until Friday July 18 afternoon when I was asked to log in. I found no way to communicate my plight, because I could not use this subforum on login problems until FIRST I LOGGED-IN!

My user Korah kept saying I was entering an incorrect username or password. So late Friday I registered a second Username Korah2 that took until late Saturday July 19 to be accepted for log in. I am using the same password as for Korah, and by using Korah2 I was trying to tell you that I know and want you to know that I was registering a duplicate account,. The system still refuses to accept Korah, even now that it is Sunday.

Korah2
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Korah2 »

[Replying to post 7 by otseng]
Please don't ban me for setting up a parallel user account. My user name Korah was working fine automatically until Friday July 18 afternoon when I was asked to log in. My user Korah kept saying I was entering an incorrect username or password. I found no way to communicate my plight, because I could not use this subforum on login problems until FIRST I LOGGED-IN! You really need to give guests or potential members some way to communicate with you!

So late Friday I registered a second Username Korah2 that took until late Saturday July 19 to be accepted for log in. I am using the same password as for Korah, and by using Korah2 I was trying to tell you that I know and want you to know that I was registering a duplicate account,. The system still refuses to accept Korah, even now that it is Sunday. I guess I will start posting as Korah2 but with a parenthetical notation that I am really Korah.

otseng
Savant

Post #14

Post by otseng »

[Replying to post 12 by Korah2]

If anyone needs to communicate with me with login problems, use this form:
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... php?t=1328

whatsit
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by whatsit »

the very first things i do when i have login problems on any forum is clear my cookies and delete the browser cache.
this usually fixes the problem.

also, make sure your browser is set to accept cookies from websites.
firefox allows you to accept cookies on a site by site basis.
if you have accidentally clicked "no" and "do this for all cookies from this site", you will need to delete this sites name AND it's cookies from your browser.
to do this, go to tools>options and click on the privacy tab.
the things of interest:
make sure the "accept cookies from sites" is ticked.
click on the "exceptions" box and delete this site, "debating C&R".
close the applet.
click on "show cookies" and delete the cookies stored for this site.
click on "settings".
clear all check boxes except "cache".
close applet.
close the options applet.
restart firefox.

BTW, i use firefox too and i haven't had any problems logging in.