If you have problems registering or logging in, post here

Moderator: Moderators

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Problem with login

Post #1

Post by JohnPaul »

I just changed my web browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox. I cannot log in to the forum using Firefox. I have tried several times, changed my password, reregistered, etc., but nothing seems to work. Help! Is there something different about the Firefox browser? (I am using Internet Explorer to post this),

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

I'm able to login with Firefox. What happens when you try to login?

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by JohnPaul »

otseng wrote: I'm able to login with Firefox. What happens when you try to login?
I tried replying to your message here using Firefox, but it did not work. I only saw the "Reply" option at the top of the message, but not the usual "Quote." When I submited my replay, I get the same screen to submit, over and over.

When I try to login using Firefox, I get the login screen, requesting user name, password, etc, but when I submit it, I get the same screen over and over, with no error message or explanation. I did manage to change my password using Firefox. I got an activation email for the new password. I am now using Internet Explorer for this message, and my old password still seems to work with it.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

JohnPaul wrote: I tried replying to your message here using Firefox, but it did not work. I only saw the "Reply" option at the top of the message, but not the usual "Quote." When I submited my replay, I get the same screen to submit, over and over.
It means you're not logged in.

Try going here first:
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/login.php

When you login with the above link, what do you see?

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JohnPaul »

otseng wrote:
JohnPaul wrote: I tried replying to your message here using Firefox, but it did not work. I only saw the "Reply" option at the top of the message, but not the usual "Quote." When I submited my replay, I get the same screen to submit, over and over.
It means you're not logged in.

Try going here first:
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/login.php

When you login with the above link, what do you see?
I get a brief message saying I have used either an incorrect user name or incorrect password, then the ligin screen again. I tried both my old password and the new password which I recently received in the activation email. Neither worked. I am using Internet Explorer for this reply, which still works fine.

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Re: Problem with login

Post #6

Post by olavisjo »

JohnPaul wrote: I cannot log in to the forum using Firefox.
Firefox works fine for me.

Try uninstalling and re-loading Firefox.
"I believe in no religion. There is absolutely no proof for any of them, and from a philosophical standpoint Christianity is not even the best. All religions, that is, all mythologies to give them their proper name, are merely man’s own invention..."

C.S. Lewis

otseng
Savant

Post #7

Post by otseng »

JohnPaul wrote: I get a brief message saying I have used either an incorrect user name or incorrect password, then the ligin screen again. I tried both my old password and the new password which I recently received in the activation email. Neither worked. I am using Internet Explorer for this reply, which still works fine.
It means you typed in an incorrect password. Also, passwords are never sent out via email, except when I manually set them (which is only when people request me to set their password).

JohnPaul44

login problem

Post #8

Post by JohnPaul44 »

[Replying to post 7 by otseng]
Help! I still can't login, using either Internet Explorer or Firefox now. This is a "guest post"

otseng
Savant

Post #9

Post by otseng »

I'll reset your password and email it to you.

JohnPaul44

login problem

Post #10

Post by JohnPaul44 »

[Replying to post 9 by otseng]
Thanks. I got your email. When I login using the password you sent, it seems to work, but I still do not appear as logged in. I am using a guest post again.