If you have problems registering or logging in, post here

Moderator: Moderators

Charles
Apprentice

Double login

Post #1

Post by Charles »

Hi, I'm ttruscott.

Around Christmas last year I started to have trouble login in, my name or password being rejected for no reason and then accepted for no reason. This coincided with my login taking me to a new format or perhaps a defunct format which looks like this

In January every login failed every time. I have been effectively locked out since then. I tried to get this addressed through the DC&R facebook page but to no avail...I was ignored.

For Feb and Mch I was out of country on a laptop which I felt was inadequate so now that I have returned to my larger home computer I have decided to create a new log in identity to enable me to connect with DC&R for us it to try to resolve this issue. I really miss the action here...

As you can see from the picture I am still going to the weird format, that is, none of the fixes suggested has brought any permanent help.

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #11

Post by benchwarmer »

[Replying to post 10 by Charles]

Have you tried using different browsers? I recall having some difficulties in the past with Firefox. I'm using Chrome now. If you haven't already, maybe try another browser and see if that helps.

Perhaps your browser is 'losing' the information that keeps your login preferences or the fact that you are logged in. Total guess.

Charles
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Charles »

benchwarmer wrote: [Replying to post 10 by Charles]

Have you tried using different browsers? I recall having some difficulties in the past with Firefox. I'm using Chrome now. If you haven't already, maybe try another browser and see if that helps.

Perhaps your browser is 'losing' the information that keeps your login preferences or the fact that you are logged in. Total guess.
I have only used chrome. I have safari so I will try it.

Edited to add:

Safari opened in MobileBoot and asked for a log in. When I tried it only gave me the ttruscott option so I left, sigh.

I have changed my pattern a bit by working from a subSilver "Theology, Doctrine, and Dogma" page but every time I clicked a link to a topic, it sent me to the the topic in mobileBoot as an unlogged in guest. When I log in, it opens the topic in subSilver.

otseng
Savant

Post #13

Post by otseng »

[Replying to post 12 by Charles]

Can we sometime do a screen share so you can show me what is happening?

Charles
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by Charles »

otseng wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Charles]

Can we sometime do a screen share so you can show me what is happening?
Fine by me but I don't know how...

Charles
Apprentice

Update

Post #15

Post by Charles »

Well, since the end of March the troubles with the switching of formats and continually needing to log back in have receded so that for the last few days or two weeks, the account has been running smoothly - so I thank you for whatever has been done.

But I am concerned that I can't access the account ttruscott. Am I not in violation of the no two accounts rule? If I must stay as Charles, which is ok by me, I would like to have my tokens transferred from ttruscott to Charles...is that possible?

otseng
Savant

Re: Update

Post #16

Post by otseng »

Charles wrote: Well, since the end of March the troubles with the switching of formats and continually needing to log back in have receded so that for the last few days or two weeks, the account has been running smoothly - so I thank you for whatever has been done.
The only thing I've done is pray. O:)
But I am concerned that I can't access the account ttruscott. Am I not in violation of the no two accounts rule?
We'll make an exception for you.
If I must stay as Charles, which is ok by me, I would like to have my tokens transferred from ttruscott to Charles...is that possible?
Tokens transferred.