The evil prosper and the innocent perish

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Scholar

Re: The evil prosper and the innocent perish

Post #2

Post by Dimmesdale »

"To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For to him who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away." - Matthew 13:11–12

This has been foretold.

Compassionist
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Compassionist »

Dimmesdale wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:50 pm "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For to him who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away." - Matthew 13:11–12

This has been foretold.
Is that ethical? I think not. Please see: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com Thank you.

Dimmesdale
Scholar

Post #4

Post by Dimmesdale »

Compassionist wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 am
Dimmesdale wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:50 pm "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For to him who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away." - Matthew 13:11–12

This has been foretold.
Is that ethical? I think not. Please see: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com Thank you.
What do you mean? I think the concept being expressed doesn't necessarily entail anything ethical. It simply expresses a true reality; namely, that when you are strong, you capitalize on what you have, and so only gain more. While, if you are weak, you have no capital, so when push comes to shove you lose more and more. This needn't say anything ethical, it only expresses this reality of life.

Jordan Peterson goes deeper into this concept by using the example of lobsters. You might want to look it up.