chip in brain

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

TQWcS
Scholar

chip in brain

Post #1

Post by TQWcS »

Suppose your biology instructor asks you to volunteer for an experiment. You'll get a microchip implanted in your brain. It will make you feel really good. But it may mess up your health, lop ten years off your life, and destroy part of your brain. Your behavior will change for the worse. You may have trouble finishing school, keeping a job, and having a normal family life.
The longer the chip is implanted, the less you will want to give it up. You won't get paid. You will pay the experimenter--first at bargain rates, then a little more each week.

Would you volunteer? and should this chip be illegal?

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #11

Post by bernee51 »

nikolayevich wrote:I forgot to support my response:

Microsoft products are too bug-ridden and often encourage viruses.
You know if Bill Gates had a $ for every time Windows crashed he'd be a....wait a minute...he does.

ST88
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by ST88 »

TQWcS wrote:
If the experimenter is using human subjects, I assume he got the necessary go-ahead from the proper authorities. I would probably not volunteer, because I take pleasure in everyday living, but I see no reason to make it illegal.
The experimenter didn't, in fact the authorities are against this experiment and if you get caught with the chip in your head you will be in trouble.
I thought we were trying to decide if it should be illegal. Is it illegal already? By "The authorities" do you mean the goverment, doctors, school board members?