Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Dantalion
Guru

Satanism.

Post #1

Post by Dantalion »

Well, a very simple question.

'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law'.

If 'what I will' is promoting the well-being of others, be honest, fair, and in general a nice person to be with, wouldn't Satanism be the ultimate personality test ?

(not talking about the 'angry-at-God-christian' devilworshipping here)

Dantalion
Guru

Post #11

Post by Dantalion »

DiscipleOfTruth wrote: Isn't the law defeated by those who decide to hurt people for all the wrong reasons because it was their will?
Well, I'd say that those people have proven themselves not being able to handle such a law while still being successful members of society.
If their strongest will was to hurt people, they are truly 'bad people' and society should really drop the spiked hammer of justice on them ;-).

It takes a lot of character and responsibility to being able to live by such a rule, most people wouldn't be able to do it for various reasons, which is why I think it's such an awesome law, it's a true test. It could never be 'the' law for everybody, I see it more as an elite moral code.
It also makes friendship and love deeper I think.
If you live your life according to that law, and you make the choice to truly trust somebody and to want to be there for them, then that's a truly genuine and strong friendship imho.

DiscipleOfTruth
Scholar

Post #12

Post by DiscipleOfTruth »

True, but what is to keep a horrible person from joining satanism? I would imagine that the scale of the morally elite and the morally currupted would become the majority at any time which would either make the religion look good or bad.

The problem is that all it takes is one person to do something considered most evil by this law, then whatever good it did for the morally elite is completely discredited and the religion's image becomes degraded.