Telemarketed to death.

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

bluethread
Savant

Telemarketed to death.

Post #1

Post by bluethread »

I know that our vice president is assuring us that the economy is turning around. However, a good portion of my work day is now spent talking to agressive telemarketers. There is a no call list for personal numbers, but businesses are public access lines. I really understand that these people are dire straights, but I've got work to do. By the way the google robocalls are even worse. Is it right to just say no thank you and hang up?

Cephus
Prodigy

Re: Telemarketed to death.

Post #11

Post by Cephus »

Goat wrote:
bluethread wrote: I know that our vice president is assuring us that the economy is turning around. However, a good portion of my work day is now spent talking to agressive telemarketers. There is a no call list for personal numbers, but businesses are public access lines. I really understand that these people are dire straights, but I've got work to do. By the way the google robocalls are even worse. Is it right to just say no thank you and hang up?
Absolutely... and to also say 'Please put me on your no contact list... we do not need or want your services'
Unfortunately, that doesn't necessarily work. We've been getting hammered by a group that is a referral service. They refuse to identify themselves, they call from a blocked number and apparently, they get paid by the number of calls they make, not the number of sales they make for their employers. From what I understand, they're trying to get people interested in solar panels, then they'll send you to an unrelated company to make the actual sale. These people are rude, obnoxious and don't care if you're on the National No-Call list because they know the government won't do a thing to stop them. They'll say that to you quite clearly. Since you can't identify them, you can't file a lawsuit against them. They call 3-4x per week and if you tell them to put you on the list, they laugh.
Want to hear more? Check out my blog!
Watch my YouTube channel!
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.