Doing good!

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Gracchus
Apprentice

Doing good!

Post #1

Post by Gracchus »

If Christianity is true then God is going to accept his favorites into eternal bliss, and the rest are going to be justly condemned to torment. Since God is omniscient and benevolent this must be the best possible state of affairs.

And if suffering is good for the soul, as some Christians maintain, then torturing Christians to death would be morally optimal, and relieving them of their worldly goods would be aiding in their spiritual development.

It would seem obvious then, that killing Christians is the right thing to do.

Are there any Christians who can find fault with this line of reasoning?

:confused2:

Gracchus
Apprentice

Re: Doing good!

Post #11

Post by Gracchus »

99percentatheism wrote: Gracchus
If Christianity is true
IF Christianity is true? You mean because Christianity is true . .
I did misspeak. I meant "if Christianity were true".
IF Christianity is true then God is going to accept his favorites into eternal bliss, and the rest are going to be justly condemned to torment.
I'm digging your vibe daddy-o.
Call no man daddy-o.
Since God is omniscient and benevolent this must be the best possible state of affairs.
I like the recognizing of Biblical truth.
It is arguably a Biblical claim. There are certainly some true things in the Bible.
And if suffering is good for the soul, as some Christians maintain, then torturing Christians to death would be morally optimal, and relieving them of their worldly goods would be aiding in their spiritual development.

Name their tormentors and persecutors and let's end this thread with even more facts.
Notable among tormentors and persecutors are Christians and other religious types. I think it probable that Christians have killed and tormented more Christians than anyone else. It is, I think, a matter of convenience. But whoever kills Christians is obviously doing the will of God.
And ... "... whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." --- Matthew 12:50 NIV

It would seem obvious then, that killing Christians is the right thing to do.
What do you mean "would seem obvious?" It's happening right now.
So you agree that killing Christians is the right thing to do, and must be the will of God.
Are there any Christians who can find fault with this line of reasoning?
No not really. This is happening daily around the globe. I (for one Christian) appreciate the real face of the anti Christian segment of society standing up for what they choose to believe in and do. I applaud your stance here in your thread. Not everyone is so forthcoming to their real views about Christians.
Truth is that which corresponds to reality. For me, the search for truth is the highest calling.
This life is only a part of eternity. An eternity that we are all part of. But of course we'll go our separate ways eternally as well.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

And some us:

:anger: :anger: :anger:
Indeed, I would be most happy to shut of superstition and religion, but I don't expect it to be anytime soon.

jerryxplu
Student

Re: Doing good!

Post #12

Post by jerryxplu »

[Replying to post 1 by Gracchus]

I guess you should look up the case of andrea yates where she sacrifice herself by killing her own children to ensure their acceptance to heaven. Doing so she violated the "thou shall not kill" but hey according to her she was doing the right thing to make sure her own children can go to heaven before the world corrupted them.

Now it is definitely an extreme case and this lady probably have really bad mental problems.