What is Root of All Evil?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

What is Root of All Evil?

Post #1

Post by ThePainefulTruth »

It's not money, fame, power or sex. A moral/legal double standard is the root of all evil. Those that want to subvert the rights of others to their own can only justify their evil by declaring that morality is subjective, which would immediately castrate any possible concept of morality at all. These purveyors of subjective morality know it's an absurd contradiction, but their skill is in keeping a straight face on both faces.
Truth=God

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Re: What is Root of All Evil?

Post #51

Post by jimtatertayte »

elijahpne wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:35 pm [Replying to jimtatertayte in post #44]

In legal context, you are the accuser of God and I am the defender. The onus of proof is always on the accuser.

How is God who is the root of good, the root of evil as well?
James 3:11 A fountain does not cause the sweet and the bitter to bubble out of the same opening, does it?
Please let me know what evil you are accusing God of.
........................................................................................
Isaiah 65:22 For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be
Now we are at the point where I say to you
I say you are wrong and I am right and you say I am wrong and you are right.
So let's you and I settle it the old fashion way...where in days of old you had to honor your word
with your life and soul. (You still do but today your brethren are not aware of it.)
So how about it Mr. elijahpne from Australia do you believe that to which you have stated to me
is the truth and if it were to be taken before God.. would God accept you and it as the truth?
When there is nothing on the line, your words mean nothing let us make them worth it all.

I believe what I stated is the truth
in this debate enough to honor what I said with my own life and soul.
Do you believe it enough in this debate between you and I to stake your life and soul upon it?

Yes or no?

If you do not reply with a Yes... It will counted as a NO.

elijahpne
Student

Post #52

Post by elijahpne »

[Replying to jimtatertayte in post #51]

YES I sincerely believe that what I have written is the truth. That's all. But if you want me to swear by my life and soul - that I can not do, for the Great Teacher, Jesus, forbids oaths. Anything beyond my saying YES is "from the evil one" -
Matthew 5:33-37 NIV “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one

It is to our benefit to heed this very simple injunction by the Master, for whoever is faithful in least is also faithful in much (Luke 16:10).

Peace mate!
........................................................................................
Isaiah 65:22 For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be[/size

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #53

Post by jimtatertayte »

elijahpne wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:35 am [Replying to jimtatertayte in post #51]

YES I sincerely believe that what I have written is the truth. That's all. But if you want me to swear by my life and soul - that I can not do, for the Great Teacher, Jesus, forbids oaths. Anything beyond my saying YES is "from the evil one" -
Matthew 5:33-37 NIV “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one

It is to our benefit to heed this very simple injunction by the Master, for whoever is faithful in least is also faithful in much (Luke 16:10).

Peace mate!
Isaiah 65:22 For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be[/size
It is counted as a NO you will not honor your own words with your life and soul.

Trying to use a verse from a book to get out of owning up to it. And trying to put it off as swearing...
No one asked you to swear to any oath. I knew you would cut and run when you were challenge to honor
your own word.

How do you think that looks to God?

By the way what is ironic about it all....

You are staking your life and soul on your own words.

Matthew 12:37
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I just wanted God to see you try to get out of it by using words from a book.

I set you up.

Now that is poetic justice.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #54

Post by jimtatertayte »

The Lord's anointed: MY God, do you ever deceive any
beings in your creation?

God: It is written in their book,

2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,
that they should believe a lie:

The Lord's anointed: So you actually caused them to believe a lie and not the truth?

God: And I am going to destroy them and cast them into the lake of fire.

Who started that lie For the love of money is the root of all evil?

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #55

Post by jimtatertayte »

jimtatertayte wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:05 am The Lord's anointed: MY God, do you ever deceive any
beings in your creation?

God: It is written in their book,

2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,
that they should believe a lie:

The Lord's anointed: So you actually caused them to believe a lie and not the truth?

God: And I am going to destroy them and cast them into the lake of fire.

Who started that lie For the love of money is the root of all evil?
I'm thinking that evil was around long before money.
Am I thinking correctly?

elijahpne
Student

Post #56

Post by elijahpne »

[Replying to jimtatertayte in post #53]

I was hoping it was going to be a good discussion about the subject of "What is the Root of Evil?" Instead it has descended into a farce.

By resorting to such, don't you think it would be construed as a defeat.

If you wish to continue with this charade, you have to do it all by yourself. I would have none of it. You have to play it alone and rejoice alone. What a lonely world!

It used to be a time to speak now it's that time to be silent (Ecclesiastes 3:7).

Bye mate! It's midnight in Australia and midnight to this post.

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Post #57

Post by jimtatertayte »

elijahpne wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:14 am [Replying to jimtatertayte in post #53]

I was hoping it was going to be a good discussion about the subject of "What is the Root of Evil?" Instead it has descended into a farce.

By resorting to such, don't you think it would be construed as a defeat.

If you wish to continue with this charade, you have to do it all by yourself. I would have none of it. You have to play it alone and rejoice alone. What a lonely world!

It used to be a time to speak now it's that time to be silent (Ecclesiastes 3:7).

Bye mate! It's midnight in Australia and midnight to this post.
Blah blah blah and more blah blah blah. It is all on record.
I achieved my objective.