25%

Total votes: 4

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

How important is doing the right thing to you

Post #1

Post by ThePainefulTruth »

Which side of this proposition do you live on:

All you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you let me in, I'll think the way you want me to think, and live the way you want me to live", and all the blinds will go up and all the windows will open, and you'll never be lonely ever again.

Are you willing to sacrifice social acceptance, even with your family, to stand up for what's truly right? I'm not talking risking your life or going to jail or such, and obviously the issue has to be something that you believe is important.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #11

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 9 by Jashwell]
The right politician winning debates is what would get them voted into office. I've had enough debates to know that the debates within the peanut gallery makes very litter difference. Appeal to authority may be a fallacy, but it "works." No one changes their behaviour or view base on me winning debates because I am just a nobody.

[Replying to post 10 by ThePainefulTruth]
I think so, and maybe a high profile law suit every now and then (like the Scopes Monkey Trial.)

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

Post #12

Bust Nak wrote:
[Replying to post 10 by ThePainefulTruth]
I think so, and maybe a high profile law suit every now and then (like the Scopes Monkey Trial.)
Well you know, that trial required a man like Scopes to take a stand, and in his case it even put him at risk of jail time.
Truth=God

ten10ths
Banned
Banned

Re: How important is doing the right thing to you

Post #13

Post by ten10ths »

ThePainefulTruth wrote: Which side of this proposition do you live on:

All you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you let me in, I'll think the way you want me to think, and live the way you want me to live", and all the blinds will go up and all the windows will open, and you'll never be lonely ever again.

Are you willing to sacrifice social acceptance, even with your family, to stand up for what's truly right? I'm not talking risking your life or going to jail or such, and obviously the issue has to be something that you believe is important.
Doing the right thing is important to me only to the way it influences myself. In other words, if what I do isn't right to you, but it is to me, I don't care

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #14

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 12 by ThePainefulTruth]
Sure, far more productive than taking a stand in conversation. Like I said, courts is the place for settling what is right thing.

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

Post #15

Bust Nak wrote: [Replying to post 12 by ThePainefulTruth]
Sure, far more productive than taking a stand in conversation. Like I said, courts is the place for settling what is right thing.
Actually, the law is based on morality (what is right), and that is written in the legislature by our representatives, in most Western societies at least. The court's job is to determine whether someone can be sown to be guilty of a crime or not. The Supreme Court's job, ostensibly, is to interpret the law; but that's a nebulous concept and for that reason the SCOTUS has become very political.

Donald
Student

Post #16

Post by Donald »

"Which side of this proposition do you live on:

Are you willing to sacrifice social acceptance, even with your family, to stand up for what's truly right? I'm not talking risking your life or going to jail or such, and obviously the issue has to be something that you believe is important.""

Let me explain! I am not common in anyway, shape, or form even though I walk human. But that is the exception. My state of mind is different. My actions taken based on my thought process are different. How I interpret others is different. And how I will die will be different. You mentioned "not risking my life", but what else can you give God if not your life, which is most precious? For to lay down one's life for another (In my case, Jesus, my family, the world at large) is the greatest act of love out there.

I believe it is important to believe in yourself when others choose not to believe in me. I choose to believe in God because He believes in me. When I told Jesus in prayer that I will sacrifice my life in the name of Jesus Christ, He gave me 90 months to decide otherwise, but I didn't because I knew deep in my heart that this was the best decision for my own good, my family's good, and the world's good as well. I will set the world on fire by my actions and I love it. I want to set a high standard for all to see and understand because suicide and euthanasia have spread across the earth like an incurable virus! Suicide and euthanasia are the easy and wide open routes that many people take, but it is not the most rewarding either. Self-sacrifice is the hardest route to take because it requires me to experience more suffering than the two easy routes allow.

I want to tell everyone here that I am the happiest man alive because I found my niche in life. I found my purpose through self-sacrifice. Without it, and life becomes meaningless because I either commit to saving my life or commit suicide, both of which are completely unacceptable in my life. Saving my life is the least meaningful because instead of enjoying my life, I was fearing my death, which is meaningless. Suicide is wrong because I am not the owner of my life, God is and I did not create life, God did.

So I understand why life is the way it is because God gives all of us free will to decide either to choose God's Way or Satan's Way. I chose God's Way that gave me peace of mind, inner happiness, joy of life, and the integrity to follow through on my moral compass. And this will continue until my last day, God only Knows. I have so little stress in me because I do not know my last day. Why should I anyway. I am perfectly happy with NOT knowing my final day, just live in the present in my inner contentment and serenity. And that is the second most beautiful gift God gave me. The most beautiful, of course, is salvation!

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

Post #17

Donald wrote: "Which side of this proposition do you live on:

Are you willing to sacrifice social acceptance, even with your family, to stand up for what's truly right? I'm not talking risking your life or going to jail or such, and obviously the issue has to be something that you believe is important.""

Let me explain! I am not common in anyway, shape, or form even though I walk human. But that is the exception. My state of mind is different. My actions taken based on my thought process are different. How I interpret others is different. And how I will die will be different. You mentioned "not risking my life", but what else can you give God if not your life, which is most precious? For to lay down one's life for another (In my case, Jesus, my family, the world at large) is the greatest act of love out there.
Not sure what you're getting at with the first part of that paragraph, but yes, I do believe there are some hills worth dying on.

90 Months?

Donald
Student

Post #18

Post by Donald »

"Not sure what you're getting at with the first part of that paragraph, but yes, I do believe there are some hills worth dying on.

90 Months?"

Let me first say, what I am doing is obviously not for everyone. Only a very few devoted folllowers of Jesus can do this. Too many people do not take religion too seriously, like some in my own family, not attending Mass regularly for example. Most cannot be as honest or act as humble about their life's experiences as I have shown here. I reaally have nothing to hide because whenever I start discussing important issues, like suicide and euthanasia, all knowledge and information starts flooding, like a dam bursting uncontrollably. I have to speak my mind and express myself as openly and honestly as I can.

The first 90 months was just the period I had when I could have followed the easy route, and committed suicide, like too many do these day. We have a major crisis in this country where 2% more people, mostly college students, since the end of 2012 have committed suicide. That's a shame because help is available if they need it and they obviously do. Whenever I hear in here that people will committed suicide if they start living in chronic pain, I get really upset, because, again, there is plenty of help available like alternative medicine.

Many people are trying alternative medicine, like the Mayan tradition, which focuses not just the physical, but the mental, emotional, and the spiritual asspect of human healing. I believe it works. Of course, I personally trust in Jesus Christ to heal certain areas of my life, but I see many in here are being critical to me whenever I bring up Jesus and His Healing Love for us. They don't seem to care one bit about following Jesus. So I mention alternative medicine, which seems less controversal.

I once heard of an animalistic Christian faith, possible in the Amazon Rainforest, that uses a highly potent drug, don't know exactly which plant, to reach deep spiritual awareness of God. They live in a small community in the rainforest and I find them truly amazing and unique in South America. In the U.S., it is legal for Native America Indians to use Peyota, a drug from the Cactus Plant to reach spiritual awareness of God.

Assuming that most people in here have issues when it comes to asking for Healing from Jesus Christ, any of these two traditions, the tribe in South America and Native Americans use plants all the time to heal anything. They trust in their Creator. Of course, their Creator is the same Creator I believe in, I just follow a different branch.

ThePainefulTruth
Sage

Post #19

[Replying to post 18 by Donald]

So Jesus came to you in a vision (or???) and told you you've got 90 months?

Donald
Student

Post #20

Post by Donald »

"I once heard of an animalistic Christian faith, possible in the Amazon Rainforest, that uses a highly potent drug, don't know exactly which plant, to reach deep spiritual awareness of God. They live in a small community in the rainforest and I find them truly amazing and unique in South America. In the U.S., it is legal for Native America Indians to use Peyota, a drug from the Cactus Plant to reach spiritual awareness of God."

Updated info: They are part animalistic and part Catholic faith who are The Church of Santa Daime in Brazil. They used in their religious rituals Ayahuasca to reach spiritual plateaus to be closer to God. The United States legalized Ayahuasca in 2008 for Daime worshipers (National Geographic Taboo Video "Divine Drug")