How would you react to Adam and Eve?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

OnceConvinced
Savant

How would you react to Adam and Eve?

Post #1

Post by OnceConvinced »

Adam and Steve... I mean Eve... were supposedly responsible for the fall of man. Due to their disobedience all of mankind was cast out of the Garden of Eden and suffering was piled upon them. Some even believe that sin corrupted the world and animals that were once herbivores became carnivores. Animals that were once harmless became venomous. Some believe that viruses and disease sprouted up as a result of sin entering creation.

Adam and Eve were the ones responsible for this, so surely everyone should be enraged at them? When you get to Heaven, surely, you will want to kick their asses for being so stupid and sentencing mankind to suffering on Earth?

Or do you see them as innocent beings in a dirty trick played by God? That God set them up to fail? Do you see God as the one responsible for all the suffering, so you don't blame Adam and Eve for what's happened?

Or perhaps you are even delighted that Adam and Eve did what they did, because you got to live a pretty cool life on a pretty cool planet. So you are grateful for their disobedience?

What do you think of Adam and Eve?

How would YOU react to Adam and Eve if you met them in Heaven?

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

jerryxplu
Student

Re: How would you react to Adam and Eve?

Post #2

Post by jerryxplu »

[Replying to post 1 by OnceConvinced]

I think it would be hard on many levels to judge them.
First off, how much do they understand and able to comprehend before they ate the fruit of knowledge of right and wrong? Like to what extend of a human being were they before that. Do they have the mind of a wild animal? a small child? a teenager? or fully developed brain like that of an adult with ability to see what consequence there will be.

I think in general it is a story to be taken with a grain of salt. Where would human being be without the fall of men? If all can live forever then what is the point of procreation? I do not know if there is baby making happening in garden of eden. Will the humanity as a whole even exist today?

So I guess I would say hey thanks for eating the fruit. Thanks for giving us the ability to make moral judgments. Without them, we would not even be having this conversation.

AKU

God created Adam before Eve.

Post #3

Post by AKU »

God created Adam after he finished everything that the universe such as Sun, Moon, Earth, Planet, Star and others. Animals such as dinosaurs and trees and other already existing on earth. Before Adam, the animals were killing each other and many of them perish from the earth because the cause of the disaster or catastrophe that has been in his will of God alone.

What I know, because God does not want any harm to Adam. Thus Adam was constructed in the middle of the desert, which might in Saudi Arabia not somewhere up in the sky (heaven), where there are no dinosaurs, animals and other creatures in the middle of the desert. God created Adam estimated 6 million years (some say 6000 years or six days)) for the Lord created him.

Adam was the first man on earth created by God, from the four main elements of soil (dust), Water, Air (wind) and fire (heat) His instrument in which He created everything. What I mean four elements, look at our overall self-image and a realistic body image. AIR (wind) .. The air we breathe, we WATER..When thirst?, FIRE .. When we are angry or when you exercise, your body heats up, and SOIL (dust) as human flesh, bones, skin.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

OnceConvinced wrote: Or do you see them as innocent beings in a dirty trick played by God? That God set them up to fail? Do you see God as the one responsible for all the suffering, so you don't blame Adam and Eve for what's happened?
Based on the Biblical description of this supposed event I definitely see it as a dirty trick played by God on all of mankind.

For one thing, Adam and Even did not fall on their own. According to the story they were innocently beguiled by an evil serpent. So the question forever remains, "Would Adam and Eve have ever disobeyed God on their own?"

We can never know the answer to this question because of God's filthy dirty trick of having humans beguiled by an evil serpent.

Moreover, Eve even confessed to God that she had been beguiled by the evil serpent. That's hardly a rebellious or contentious position for Eve to be taking. This Biblical story doesn't have Eve rebelling against God screaming at God that she has no intention of doing as he says. On the contrary she was very cooperative and even testified against the evil demon who had beguiled her.

Eve did everything that a good little Christian girl is supposed to do. She confessed here sins and turned in all guilty parties and cooperated fully. Clearly Eve was very much focused on respecting God and telling God the truth about everything.

If this God is a forgiving God (like the Bible claims) he should have forgiven Eve right there on the spot and that should have been the end of it.

The way that God reacted in this story is inexcusable. He totally went berserk. Taking all his pent up hostilities on Adam and Eve when it was totally uncalled for.

In fact, this entire Biblical story seems to be about a God who has a lot of wrath pent up and has simply created humans just so he can have someone to unleash his wrath upon.

I don't see where this God is the least bit benevolent, forgiving, loving, or merciful. And he's certainly not trustworthy if he'll allow evil serpents into a garden where innocent children who don't even know the difference between good and evil reside.

This is why I have concluded that these ancient fables cannot have anything to do with any real God. They are very poorly written and not well-thought out. Whoever invented this God did so in their own image and their own ignorance shines through in their stories.

Ironically as Jesus taught, "You can tell them by the fruit of their works". And the authors of the Bible have proven time and time again through their works that their claims about a God have nothing at all to do with any God.

Why so many people in the world continue to believe in these ancient myths is beyond me. They are clearly false man-made myths.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by ttruscott »

jerryxplu wrote: [Replying to post 1 by OnceConvinced]

I think it would be hard on many levels to judge them.
First off, how much do they understand and able to comprehend before they ate the fruit of knowledge of right and wrong? Like to what extend of a human being were they before that. Do they have the mind of a wild animal? a small child? a teenager? or fully developed brain like that of an adult with ability to see what consequence there will be.

I think in general it is a story to be taken with a grain of salt. Where would human being be without the fall of men? If all can live forever then what is the point of procreation? I do not know if there is baby making happening in garden of eden. Will the humanity as a whole even exist today?

What will I do when we meet again? I will share a cup of commiseration with them, then a cup of joy and jubilation.

So I guess I would say hey thanks for eating the fruit. Thanks for giving us the ability to make moral judgments. Without them, we would not even be having this conversation.
None of their story makes any sense if they are considered to be 'toddlers' of any kind. How can the results of their story have any validity if they did not make their decisions from an experienced adult pov with some idea of the meaning of the stated consequences?

They were working as GOD's gardeners.
They had intellectual and theological discussions with a person they may have accepted as a teacher.
They made decisions based upon both experience and intellectual consideration.

Neither did they give us the ability to make moral judgements. We are born sinners so we have already experience making a bad moral decisions unless you believe that GOD created us sinners. Their decision had no more creative value affecting the lives of their progeny than were we created sinners because of them, a blasphemy the church has laboured under for centuries.... imhCo of course.

Their story is the generic story of all of HIS sinful elect - we all deny our culpability before HIM, HE gives us a command we know is from HIM, we let our sinful desires lead us to disobey HIM, then, with our disobedience smack in our face, we have our eyes opened to our not being right with GOD and then we are ashamed and try to fix our sinfulness at which time HE steps in and shows us the correct way to be redeemed.

It is the classic story of awareness of guilt, repentance and redemption that from the garden on runs through the history of HIS people, though not the world.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Re: God created Adam before Eve.

Post #6

Post by OnceConvinced »

AKU wrote: God created Adam after he finished everything that the universe such as Sun, Moon, Earth, Planet, Star and others. Animals such as dinosaurs and trees and other already existing on earth. Before Adam, the animals were killing each other and many of them perish from the earth because the cause of the disaster or catastrophe that has been in his will of God alone.

What I know, because God does not want any harm to Adam. Thus Adam was constructed in the middle of the desert, which might in Saudi Arabia not somewhere up in the sky (heaven), where there are no dinosaurs, animals and other creatures in the middle of the desert. God created Adam estimated 6 million years (some say 6000 years or six days)) for the Lord created him.

Adam was the first man on earth created by God, from the four main elements of soil (dust), Water, Air (wind) and fire (heat) His instrument in which He created everything. What I mean four elements, look at our overall self-image and a realistic body image. AIR (wind) .. The air we breathe, we WATER..When thirst?, FIRE .. When we are angry or when you exercise, your body heats up, and SOIL (dust) as human flesh, bones, skin.
I appreciate you livening up this thread, but how is this in any way relevant to the topic of the thread? You haven't actually answered any of my questions.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #7

Post by OnceConvinced »

ttruscott wrote:
None of their story makes any sense if they are considered to be 'toddlers' of any kind. How can the results of their story have any validity if they did not make their decisions from an experienced adult pov with some idea of the meaning of the stated consequences?
I find it annoying that this member here has blocked me (due to a misunderstanding), and has the audacity to respond to one of my threads knowing that he will never actually see any of my responses I make to him, or any of my other posts on this thread. I will reply anyway, because I disagree with this.

They may not have been toddlers, but they were certainly not mature adults who had a life time of experiences. And what's more they had not yet eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil so could not have had any clue about what was good and evil. Heck they didn't even know that being naked was something to be embarrassed about!

AKU

Post #8

Post by AKU »

OnceConvinced wrote:
I appreciate you livening up this thread, but how is this in any way relevant to the topic of the thread? You haven't actually answered any of my questions.
I just wrote a piecemeal , not entirely the lives of Adam and Eve .

Adam and Eve were created on earth, not in heaven. Adam height is about 90 feet. After Adam was fully created by God, he can not get up then God breathed His spirit into Adam and then he was able to stand up and move here and there without a life partner. At a time when Adam walked in a park that is believed to be the Garden of Eden, he came across a pair of doves was in loving each other. After so long it alone. Hence the desire to have a life partner like the dove.

At the time Adam was lulled to sleep, when Adam awoke from his sleep, he found there was a woman next to her, namely Eve. (when Adam fell asleep believed that Eve was created in a few weeks, months or years).

Will be continued...

Wootah
Savant

Post #9

Post by Wootah »

OnceConvinced wrote: Adam and Steve... I mean Eve... were supposedly responsible for the fall of man. Due to their disobedience all of mankind was cast out of the Garden of Eden and suffering was piled upon them. Some even believe that sin corrupted the world and animals that were once herbivores became carnivores. Animals that were once harmless became venomous. Some believe that viruses and disease sprouted up as a result of sin entering creation.

Adam and Eve were the ones responsible for this, so surely everyone should be enraged at them? When you get to Heaven, surely, you will want to kick their asses for being so stupid and sentencing mankind to suffering on Earth?

Or do you see them as innocent beings in a dirty trick played by God? That God set them up to fail? Do you see God as the one responsible for all the suffering, so you don't blame Adam and Eve for what's happened?

Or perhaps you are even delighted that Adam and Eve did what they did, because you got to live a pretty cool life on a pretty cool planet. So you are grateful for their disobedience?

What do you think of Adam and Eve?

How would YOU react to Adam and Eve if you met them in Heaven?
I wouldn't judge them. I suspect I wouldn't have lasted half as long as them before I sinned.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

help3434
Guru

Post #10

Post by help3434 »

AKU wrote:
OnceConvinced wrote:
I just wrote a piecemeal , not entirely the lives of Adam and Eve .

. Adam height is about 90 feet.
This info is not in the Bible
AKU wrote: At a time when Adam walked in a park that is believed to be the Garden of Eden, he came across a pair of doves was in loving each other. After so long it alone. Hence the desire to have a life partner like the dove.
This info is not in the Bible either. Are you just making things up?