Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

PetriFB
Banned
Banned

Harmful effects of the gay marriages in the society

Post #1

Post by PetriFB »

At first, I emphasize that my article is not homophobic and hate speech, but viewpoint considering harmful and problematic effects that legalizing of the gay marriages causes. I live in Finland and I study this subject from the national perspective and also world wide. My article deals with matters that are very often overlooked or has not observed.

http://www.kotipetripaavola.[SPAM]/gaymarriageharmfuleffects.html

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Harmful effects of the gay marriages in the society

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

[Replying to post 1 by PetriFB]

Your piece would be a whole lot better if you provided some support for your assertions. You state, without proof or evidence, that children need both maternal and paternal parental influences.

In Canada, gay marriage has been legal since 2003. The sky has not fallen; children are not growing up twisted and demented; men and women are still getting married; churches are not being forced to perform same sex weddings. The Kids Are Alright. Really.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Alueshen
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by Alueshen »

PetriFB wrote: At first, I emphasize that my article is not homophobic and hate speech, but viewpoint considering harmful and problematic effects that legalizing of the gay marriages causes. I live in Finland and I study this subject from the national perspective and also world wide. My article deals with matters that are very often overlooked or has not observed.

http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/gaymarr ... fects.html
I'm kinda curious, you talk about gay marriage, but isn't that a separate, albeit related, issue?

Furthermore, if the argument is that children need a mother and a father, wouldn't that make single parents at least as delirious to the health of children as gay parent if not worse?

What's next, making divorce illegal?

Alueshen
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by Alueshen »

PetriFB wrote: At first, I emphasize that my article is not homophobic and hate speech, but viewpoint considering harmful and problematic effects that legalizing of the gay marriages causes. I live in Finland and I study this subject from the national perspective and also world wide. My article deals with matters that are very often overlooked or has not observed.

http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/gaymarr ... fects.html
I'm kinda curious, you talk about gay marriage, but isn't that a separate, albeit related, issue?

Furthermore, if the argument is that children need a mother and a father, wouldn't that make single parents at least as delirious to the health of children as gay parent if not worse?

What's next, making divorce illegal?

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Danmark »

http://www.kotipetripaavola.SPAM/gaymar ... fects.html
:warning: Moderator Final Warning
You have been warned several times about spamming, promoting your own website. If you want to make arguments for or against your ideas, you are free to do so, but short posts citing your own website appear to simply be efforts to promote the site.
Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

McCulloch wrote: Your piece would be a whole lot better if you provided some support for your assertions. You state, without proof or evidence, that children need both maternal and paternal parental influences.
I haven't looked at the web site because I'm not falling for the spam. ;)

But if that's the argument (or even part of it) then the argument is extremely lame. This kind of objection to gay marriages would also be a negative accusation to single parents who's spouse has died.

I don't know if these arguments are coming from a religious point of view or not. But any God who allows the parents of children to die would be a horrible God if that would result in being a bad influence on the children.

I lost my own father when I was 9 and my mother never remarried.

Many children much younger than this lose both of their parents to death.

So if children being without parents is detrimental to children then our creator must be a hellish monster to allow the parents of children to die. Forget about gay marriages. That would be far better than dead parents. ;)

And let's not forget heterosexual parents who are horrible role models, or even abusive parents themselves. Once again, what a hellish demon of a creator we must have who would bless such irresponsible parents with children.

Clearly this world was not created by any God. And there are many heterosexual parents who are absolutely horrible parents. So these kinds of arguments are totally superficial nonsense.

Parents being heterosexual is no guarantee of anything.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

jerryxplu
Student

Post #7

Post by jerryxplu »

[Replying to post 1 by PetriFB]

As far as I know and my study on both gay parents in cases of both parents are gay or single parents in which either father or mother is gay. Neither cases have evidence to support that there is any actual proof it cause any negative impact on growth of children (had to do a research paper for my class at University of Kentucky).

Youkilledkenny
Sage

Different is different

Post #8

Post by Youkilledkenny »

Being gay marriage is different than straight marriage, there are bond to be different pros & cons. The real question is if the differences are any more (or less) harmful (or beneficial) to those caused by straight marriage. And if so, what needs to be done about it.
Thus far, I haven't seen anything that's any more harmful with gay vs. straight marriage.
In the placed where gay marriage is legal and practiced, I don't know of any negative or society-harmful issues it causes (besides those who think it's 'gross' or 'sinful')

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Danmark »

As many of you have showed, there is no evidence to suggest children raised by a gay couple are at more risk than children raised by a straight couple. As I recall there is some evidence gay couples do a better job.

But to me the real issue in all of these debates is the unkind and disabling pressure put on people who are different. Too often this pressure and even hatred comes from people who call themselves 'Christian' and blame their 'Christianity' for their prejudice.

Here's an example of what happens when people of any belief do this:

41 percent of transgender people attempt suicide.
http://transequality.org/PDFs/NTDSRepor ... _final.pdf

The Christians who are on the wrong side of these gender issues, should reconsider. They should consider the compassion of Jesus of Nazareth, and his desire that we should heal the suffering of our neighbors, not exacerbate it with judgment.

Youkilledkenny
Sage

Post #10

Post by Youkilledkenny »

[Replying to post 8 by Danmark]
The Christians who are on the wrong side of these gender issues, should reconsider. They should consider the compassion of Jesus of Nazareth, and his desire that we should heal the suffering of our neighbors, not exacerbate it with judgment.
Where's the 'fun' in that?
Not to be trite about the issue, but in seriousness, in the USA people like to live vicariously through others and force their opinions and beliefs on others (likely there are many reasons they do this).
LOVE isn't as fun as CONTROL. Most Christians (IMO) like to control others - particularity when it comes those that have some form of influence over others. LOVE does this, but not the way these people want to do it so they decide to stand in judgement. Besides, it makes them feel superior.
If God is real and God's judgement is real, many, many of these Christians are in for a shock come Judgement Day I would think.