Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Is ethics easy?

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

JP Cusick wrote:We can know right and wrong fairly easy,
Correct English grammar might be quite difficult, but ethics, according to JP Cusick, is a simple matter.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Is ethics easy?

Post #21

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 20 by Tcg]

Shouldn't we answer one another in an honest fashion as noted by academic honesty rather than lie to one another as this discussion and every other discussion continues?

It must be admitted that lying and stealing are dubious actions that most people say are generally wrong in trying to come forward with a credible morality!
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Is ethics easy?

Post #22

Post by Aetixintro »

McCulloch wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:We can know right and wrong fairly easy,
Correct English grammar might be quite difficult, but ethics, according to JP Cusick, is a simple matter.
So why is Ethics/Moral responsibility simple? Let's consider the Christian side. We have:
Christian-Kantian Ethics and thereof morality: 7 Commandments (of 10) and the Golden Rule in general. Next we have the law-abiding side to democratic laws and regulations "of, by and for the people"! Nothing "magical" about this either.
Conclusion: Ethics, minimally one set, is simple! JP Cusick is right!

This is supported further by the fact that even Atheists hold driver licenses and they never complain about the traffic rules there, but a lot of noise when they must relate to ethics and duties to e.g. Human Rights and other.

Settled? 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

otseng
Savant

Post #23

Post by otseng »

JP Cusick wrote: If you can not judge right from wrong then you go ahead and tell lies and to steal, and just keep on believing that lies and stealing can save lives, because reality will teach you soon enough - as it does teach us all.

And if you reject monogamy then you go ahead and screw around all you want, because the hard hurting realities of real life will teach you soon enough - as it does teach us all.

I really do not want you or anyone to believe me - as I want you to believe your self - and if you seek the truth sincerely then in due time it will lead you to God - because God is the giver of right from wrong.
Moderator Comment

Please avoid making discussions personal and avoid the preaching.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.