Should all parents of the World have a duty to own gun?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Should all parents of the World have a duty to own gun?

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

Ethics: should all parents of the World have a duty to own at least one pistol or revolver?

I think we agree that the World is a dangerous place and that children (also by poverty of language) are exposed to hideous criminals continuously! What say you?

("Also to gun lobbyists and NRA!")
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #31

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 30 by oldbadger]

For a start, I do question the mentality of people who torture children, either in simple terms by a rope or by betraying their medical profession.
While you may legally store your firearm in your home, motor vehicle or place of business without holding a license, you must apply for a license with your county probate court if you intend to carry it outside of your own property. If you carry your gun for hunting or sporting, your current hunting license permits you carry your firearm outside of your own property.
- https://georgia.gov/popular-topic/gun-laws

So it seems that State of Georgia in USA deeply respects the right to defend your home from criminals.
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Should all parents of the World have a duty to own gun?

Post #32

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by Aetixintro]

Just think about all the atrocities in the World, from Josef Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot and Adolf Hitler and the genocides to Kosovo and Srebrenica and the rest...

Were not the people there unarmed? Don't you think that people in (Atheistic) North Korea are unarmed?

"By weapons, we can defeat all evil and make God's kingdom on Earth happen!" 8-)

:study:

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #33

Post by 2ndRateMind »

[Replying to post 32 by Aetixintro]

Hmmm. God's kingdom is the kingdom of love, not superior weaponry. And we cannot make it happen; it is voluntary way of being. When we all have realised this fundamental Christian truth for ourselves, then perhaps the four horsemen, war, famine, pestilence, and death, will cease their apocalyptic ride amongst us.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Tcg
Savant

Post #34

Post by Tcg »

Aetixintro wrote:
"By weapons, we can defeat all evil and make God's kingdom on Earth happen!"
How do you recommend using weapons to push your religious agenda? Who do you think should be murdered to reach your goal?

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #35

Post by Aetixintro »

Tcg wrote:
Aetixintro wrote:
How do you recommend using weapons to push your religious agenda? Who do you think should be murdered to reach your goal?
To defeat all evil is the (plausible) agenda of Humanity!

Why say no to Utopia? Weapons serve as (counter-)threats as well. Also deterrence.

Tcg
Savant

Post #36

Post by Tcg »

Aetixintro wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Aetixintro wrote:
To defeat all evil is the (plausible) agenda of Humanity!
This doesn't answer my question.

Why say no to Utopia?
I didn't mention a single word about utopia.

Weapons serve as (counter-)threats as well. Also deterrence.
I asked two very specific questions. This answers neither of them. Care to address them?

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #37

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 36 by Tcg]

1. How do you recommend using weapons to push your religious agenda?

I do not push any religious agenda in particular. I leave it to people to choose their best way forward. Though I provide some information to that end.

2. Who do you think should be murdered to reach your goal?

Nobody needs to be murdered. Initially, psychiatry seems to serve the crazy people the best so that they do not make headless mistakes for evil.

Tcg
Savant

Post #38

Post by Tcg »

Aetixintro wrote: [Replying to post 36 by Tcg]

1. How do you recommend using weapons to push your religious agenda?

I do not push any religious agenda in particular. I leave it to people to choose their best way forward. Though I provide some information to that end.
The religious agenda I referred to is the one you introduced with this statement, "defeat all evil and make God's kingdom on Earth happen."

If you "leave it to people to choose their best way forward" as you claim, why do you need weapons?

2. Who do you think should be murdered to reach your goal?

Nobody needs to be murdered. Initially, psychiatry seems to serve the crazy people the best so that they do not make headless mistakes for evil.
I'm not quite sure what this means, but how specifically does it involve the use of weapons. If it doesn't, then I ask again, why do you need weapons?

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #39

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Aetixintro wrote:
Only by becoming evil, ourselves. Christ came to redeem sinners, not destroy them. We should remember that, when we discuss 'improving' the state of the world.
Aetixintro wrote: To defeat all evil is the (plausible) agenda of Humanity!
I would agree with this, but we need to be mindful of the morality of the methods we choose to do so.
Aetixintro wrote:Why say no to Utopia? Weapons serve as (counter-)threats as well. Also deterrence.
No one is saying no to Utopia. The question at issue is how we get there. It that age old ethical chestnut - do the ends justify the means?

Best wishes, 2RM.

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #40

Post by amortalman »

Aetixintro wrote: Ethics: should all parents of the World have a duty to own at least one pistol or revolver?

I think we agree that the World is a dangerous place and that children (also by poverty of language) are exposed to hideous criminals continuously! What say you?

("Also to gun lobbyists and NRA!")
Owning and knowing how to use a firearm is just another way to protect one's self and their loved ones from killers who have no regard for the lives of others. It is the duty of all parents to protect their children. How one chooses to do that is their personal choice. I think it is a duty for me to have that extra protection, just don't tell me I have to! O:)