Should all parents of the World have a duty to own gun?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Should all parents of the World have a duty to own gun?

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

Ethics: should all parents of the World have a duty to own at least one pistol or revolver?

I think we agree that the World is a dangerous place and that children (also by poverty of language) are exposed to hideous criminals continuously! What say you?

("Also to gun lobbyists and NRA!")
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Should all parents of the World have a duty to own gun?

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by Aetixintro]

But then there's the risk of torture. Maybe they survive, but who do they become? The small monsters...?

I say there's something due to the "terror of the red mask" that threatens people's sanity. Yet children generally want to grow up as kind and loving people, doing good in the World, there's this terror of kind that shoves us daily into bigger and bigger crimes. Next thing we lose our humanity to moral depravation. Why not use pepperspray and revolvers/pistols against this problem? Why should one accept crime onto oneself for being morally good and law-abiding? My hypothesis is that the crimes become less severe and more people are willing to come to the aid if they have something to intervene with, like pepperspray or a pistol or revolver. The perverts/sodomistic people may not be able to handle guns or pepperspray properly.

https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse-statistics/
- In 2014, state agencies found an estimated 702,000 victims of child maltreatment,[2] but that only tells part of the story.
- Individuals who reported six or more adverse childhood experiences had an average life expectancy two decades shorter than those who reported none.[5] Ischemic heart disease (IHD), Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), liver disease and other health-related quality of life issues are tied to child abuse.
- In 2014, state agencies identified an estimated 1,580 children who died as a result of abuse and neglect — between four and five children a day.[2] However, studies also indicate significant undercounting of child maltreatment fatalities by state agencies — by 50% or more.[10]
+++ from the reference, criminal overrepresentation etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trafficking_of_children
- Though statistics regarding the magnitude of child trafficking are difficult to obtain, the International Labour Organization estimates that 1.2 million children are trafficked each year.[2]

And so on and so on. "I'm not done with this yet!" 8-) :!: :?: :arrow:
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Aetixintro wrote: Ethics: should all parents of the World have a duty to own at least one pistol or revolver?
No, it should be the duty of all parents to bequeath to their children a world in which there are no guns.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Aetixintro »

2ndRateMind wrote:
Aetixintro wrote: Ethics: should all parents of the World have a duty to own at least one pistol or revolver?
No, it should be the duty of all parents to bequeath to their children a world in which there are no guns.

Best wishes, 2RM.
This doesn't seem to be any deterrent to these hideous criminals. They are without conscience, they are headless and then the parents are supposed to be without protection/self-defence for them? "Hmmm, you must be a father!"

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #5

Post by Divine Insight »

I think we agree that the World is a dangerous place and that children (also by poverty of language) are exposed to hideous criminals continuously! What say you?
I think the main problem with your question is that it ignores the fact that all parents are not models of perfect morality to begin with. Some parents have actually shot and killed their own children as well as their own spouse.

So the assumption that all parents should have a pistol or revolver is not a good idea.

There are other things that I feel we would be better to start with. For example, all parents of the world should learn that it's ignorant to teach their children that ancient religious dogma represents some actual living God when in fact, the evidence shows otherwise.

Parents should be teaching their children that diversity is the natural state of reality and that globalization is a must if humanity is to survive on this planet. Instead many parents teach their children precisely the opposite of these truths.

This sometimes results in the parents' children becoming Neo Nazis, White Supremacists, Climate Change Deniers, Religious Bigots, etc.

And keep in mind also that since you are talking about all the parents in the world, there are parents who currently teach their children that the God of the Bible is real and that he hates heathens and will reward them with 72 virgins in heaven if they go out and kill heathens.

Do you really want the parents of those children to have guns? :-k
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Aetixintro wrote:
2ndRateMind wrote:

Best wishes, 2RM.
This doesn't seem to be any deterrent to these hideous criminals. They are without conscience, they are headless and then the parents are supposed to be without protection/self-defence for them? "Hmmm, you must be a father!"
So, I live in a country where hand guns are banned, and anyone who has one is automatically a criminal for the police to deal with, and with top priority. It seems to be a system that works perfectly well, and provides for a degree of civil security that the alternative, a system where everyone owns a hand gun, to protect themselves from everyone else who owns a hand gun, does not.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 5 by Divine Insight]
I think the main problem with your question is that it ignores the fact that all parents are not models of perfect morality to begin with. Some parents have actually shot and killed their own children as well as their own spouse.

So the assumption that all parents should have a pistol or revolver is not a good idea.
I guess I can agree with (few) exceptions. But if they can't handle handguns, why should they be fit to be parents in the first place? Some have driver's license with which they drive the whole family to death with in a car accident. Then driver's licenses too?
There are other things that I feel we would be better to start with. For example, all parents of the world should learn that it's ignorant to teach their children that ancient religious dogma represents some actual living God when in fact, the evidence shows otherwise.

Parents should be teaching their children that diversity is the natural state of reality and that globalization is a must if humanity is to survive on this planet. Instead many parents teach their children precisely the opposite of these truths.
I believe the Atheists brag about believing in the non-existence of God (only). Not that they claim to have a data-set that proves otherwise. Clearly, you have no evidence toward such a position either. Even then, it seems you do not bother to look into the question of the soul in a suitably respectful manner as you seem to reject Near-Death Experiences Studies as mere illusions or something.
This sometimes results in the parents' children becoming Neo Nazis, White Supremacists, Climate Change Deniers, Religious Bigots, etc.
Ahhh, let me add those who become (less of the Bible or any other holy book to the hand) professional child torturers or simply child abusers, severe abuses or other and the general mass of the morally depraved. Clearly, there are people who may claim to be (proper) religious people, but I do not really think they are. "I disavow them!"
And keep in mind also that since you are talking about all the parents in the world, there are parents who currently teach their children that the God of the Bible is real and that he hates heathens and will reward them with 72 virgins in heaven if they go out and kill heathens.
The "heathens" are not hunted in the World anymore unless you live by crime and look for trouble.
Do you really want the parents of those children to have guns?
Again, are they really fit to be parents at all? :-k

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 6 by 2ndRateMind]

Sure. "That perfect legal system" that does not really exist. Let me guess: heroin a good deal, fair count of suicides as well. Corrupt police? "They must have a lot of responsibility!" Sure too, angelic people everywhere? Let's face it. You're kidding me! :!:

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #9

Post by Divine Insight »

Aetixintro wrote: [Replying to post 5 by Divine Insight]

I guess I can agree with (few) exceptions. But if they can't handle handguns, why should they be fit to be parents in the first place? Some have driver's license with which they drive the whole family to death with in a car accident. Then driver's licenses too?
I agree. Trying to solve the problem of human nature is an extremely difficult problem to be sure. :D
Aetixintro wrote:

I believe the Atheists brag about believing in the non-existence of God (only). Not that they claim to have a data-set that proves otherwise. Clearly, you have no evidence toward such a position either. Even then, it seems you do not bother to look into the question of the soul in a suitably respectful manner as you seem to reject Near-Death Experiences Studies as mere illusions or something.
Atheists who brag about believing in the non-existence of all possible Gods, are not merely atheists, but they are also extreme anti-theists.

Atheism is merely a rejection of all known religions based on the fact that they aren't compelling. This doesn't mean that an atheist has to necessarily believe that no possible God could exist. They simply see no compelling reason to believe that one does.

This is why I personally don't even like to use the term atheism. I actually believe that it may very well be possible that some type of "God" (or supernatural essence of reality) may potentially exist. I take the position of being agnostic on that question. In other words, I don't currently have enough information to settle the question.

However, when it comes to specific religions I am sometimes quite the anti-theist. And this is the case with all the Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam and all of their sects and demoninations. As far as I'm concerned those religions cannot possibly be true as written in their Holy Texts.
Aetixintro wrote:
Ahhh, let me add those who become (less of the Bible or any other holy book to the hand) professional child torturers or simply child abusers, severe abuses or other and the general mass of the morally depraved. Clearly, there are people who may claim to be (proper) religious people, but I do not really think they are. "I disavow them!"
Exactly. And similarly I disavow the behavior of many atheists too. :D

Just because a person is an atheist is no guarantee that they are a good person to be sure.
Aetixintro wrote:
The "heathens" are not hunted in the World anymore unless you live by crime and look for trouble.
Says who? Even the Christian Jesus proclaimed that not one jot or one tittle shall pass from law until heaven and earth pass. So even hardcore fundamentalist Christians could call for the Biblical execution of anyone teaching of God's other than Jesus.
Aetixintro wrote:
Do you really want the parents of those children to have guns?
Again, are they really fit to be parents at all? :-k
I agree. So then how do we decide which parents should have guns?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Wootah
Savant

Post #10

Post by Wootah »

Theres no greater tool of equality than a gun.

Point click shoot. It equalises for sex, age, skill.

I dont think people realise how much of our behaviour is predicated on avoiding being shot.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."