The Funny "Worshipping" of Nietzsche

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

The Funny "Worshipping" of Nietzsche

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

When in fact the "worshippers" can't show for any credible ethics system that is all good or at least not evil beyond Kantianism!

One should remember that Ethics is indeed the description of good to be carried out as morality. While Christianity is most excellent, we now attribute the best Ethics to Kantianism, in my opinion, no other ethics to this quality described to this extent.

Some people, especially the Atheists, brag about how excellent they are in being both ethically minded and moral in life, yet they never want to reveal what ethics they believe in or credible solutions to existing problems in Applied Ethics that they wish to win people's hearts and minds for!

One clear case that has won people's hearts and minds is the human rights, UDHR, well within exactly the Kantianism.

So the challenge is right here. I bet you (who oppose Kantianism/Christian Ethics) can't follow!

Links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Good_and_Evil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Antichrist_(book)

Cheers! 8-)

(I'll come back with some more to make it crystal clear, but the essential words are above and scope is thus given.)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

bluethread
Savant

Re: The Funny "Worshipping" of Nietzsche

Post #11

Post by bluethread »

Tcg wrote:
bluethread wrote:
That is a fair enough response. So, are you an atheist and,...
How would the answer to this question change the accuracy of my response?
...if so, what is your basis for morality and how is it derived?
How would the answer to this question change the accuracy of my response?
I didn't say it would. I am just interested in what claims a "real atheist" does make, so that I can avoid making "unsupportable claims". So, are you a "real atheist" and, if so, what is your basis for morality and how is it derived?

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #12

Post by Bust Nak »

Aetixintro wrote: So, if Atheists are often citing moral relativism (and they do!) then isn't this kind of ethics inferior to Kantianism in terms of plausibility toward actually describing a wholly good ethics?
This question does not make much sense since the very premise of an actual wholly good ethics, implying objectivity, is incompatible with moral relativism.

You might as well have asked isn't atheism inferior to Christianity in terms of actually getting into the Christian heaven? Well, yes, but that's moot without first establishing if there is Christian heaven to get into.

Tcg
Savant

Post #13

Post by Tcg »

bluethread wrote:
I didn't say it would.
Then your question is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
I am just interested in what claims a "real atheist" does make, so that I can avoid making "unsupportable claims".
Then you need to start a new thread where you explain what you mean by the term "real atheist" and ask those who consider themselves to be this thing to answer your question.
So, are you a "real atheist" and, if so, what is your basis for morality and how is it derived?
Start the thread I suggested above and if I consider myself this thing you have refused to define here I may or may not answer this question.