Zombie Apocalypse Now!

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Zombie Apocalypse Now!

Post #1

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Of course, the undead won't be rising any time soon to claim the world. But some people prepare for that. And I think it is not such a bad idea.

If you are prepped up to cope with the invasion of the zombies, you are prepped up to cope with most any, more credible, disaster scenario. And self-reliance is a virtue.

Or is it? Seems to me to be a tad unjust that the wealthy west can indulge in building up stocks of food, fuel, etc, while a considerable portion of the rest of humanity is just focused on making their $2.00 per day cover all their needs for food, clean water, clothing, shelter, sanitation, primary education and healthcare.

So, what are your thoughts on the morality of prepping?

Best wishes, 2RM.

shnarkle
Guru

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Now!

Post #11

Post by shnarkle »

2ndRateMind wrote: Of course, the undead won't be rising any time soon to claim the world. But some people prepare for that. And I think it is not such a bad idea.

If you are prepped up to cope with the invasion of the zombies, you are prepped up to cope with most any, more credible, disaster scenario. And self-reliance is a virtue.

Or is it? Seems to me to be a tad unjust that the wealthy west can indulge in building up stocks of food, fuel, etc, while a considerable portion of the rest of humanity is just focused on making their $2.00 per day cover all their needs for food, clean water, clothing, shelter, sanitation, primary education and healthcare.

So, what are your thoughts on the morality of prepping?

Best wishes, 2RM.
The zombie apocalypse has been going on for quite some time. Walk around any major metropolitan city on the west coast and you'll see plenty of zombies. San Francisco, LA, and Seattle being prime examples. The number of people who are on anti depressants is staggering, and when those cocktails don't work for them, they're then prescribed anti psychotic medications. You don't want to see what any of those people look like when their prescriptions run out.

Some of the most avowed preppers have pointed out that it isn't advised to prep alone. In other words, the ideal way to prep is to make sure as many people as possible are prepared. It needs to be a community effort. People need to become less dependent upon the government for their own health, shelter, food, etc.

The problem is that the government penalizes people who attempt to help their fellow man so the preppers have to go underground. So they're sneaking around like the Vietcong digging in storing ammunition, water, toilet paper etc.