Morality question 2

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Morality question 2

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is it ok to replace families with other families simply because their house is empty due to so many deaths from fighting in a war defending freedom for all?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Tcg
Savant

Re: Morality question 2

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: Is it ok to replace families with other families simply because their house is empty due to so many deaths from fighting in a war defending freedom for all?
What families? What house? What war?

Wootah
Savant

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 2 by Tcg]

It's hypothetical.

Suppose your neighbour went and fought a dragon and won but lost most of their sons. Is it OK for you or others to claim the unused land of that neighbour as yours because well most of them are dead.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

jgh7

Post #4

Post by jgh7 »

No, whoever owns the land owns the land. So long as one member of the family owns the land, then no. If every single one dies, then I guess it could be put up for auction or something.

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to jgh7]

I wonder if all the immigration angst in the West is caused by not allowing countries to repopulate themselves after last century?

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 3 by Wootah]

If my neighbors fought a dragon, I wouldn't mess with their land. Of course at that point I'd be living in a fairy tale so I'm not sure my answer helps much in the real world.

Tcg
Savant

Post #7

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to jgh7]

I wonder if all the immigration angst in the West is caused by not allowing countries to repopulate themselves after last century?
Assuming this isn't another hypothetical, can you describe what immigration angst you are referring to?

Also, what do you mean by, "not allowing countries to repopulate themselves after last century." What countries are you referring to?

Wootah
Savant

Post #8

Post by Wootah »

Tcg wrote:

Assuming this isn't another hypothetical, can you describe what immigration angst you are referring to?

Also, what do you mean by, "not allowing countries to repopulate themselves after last century." What countries are you referring to?
It's all hypothetical, but of course alluding to current events.
You might not observe the angst but immigration will be the biggest issue in Europe / the West for the next generation at least.

I dont have statistics of course but how many Europeans would there be if we didnt have to kill the Nazis?

Tcg
Savant

Post #9

Post by Tcg »

Wootah wrote:
Tcg wrote:

It's all hypothetical, but of course alluding to current events.
What current events and please be specific.

You might not observe the angst but immigration will be the biggest issue in Europe / the West for the next generation at least.
I asked about your claim related to some current angst not some reference to prediction of the future.

I dont have statistics of course but how many Europeans would there be if we didnt have to kill the Nazis?
I have no idea. Do you?

Wootah
Savant

Post #10

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 9 by Tcg]

Rise of alt right parties across the West. I can't make you aware of it. It seems to be current news. Isn't it?