And I declared that the dead,
who had already died,
are happier than the living,
who are still alive.

But better than both
is the one who has never been born,
who has not seen the evil
that is done under the sun."

- Ecclesiastes 4:1 to 3, The Bible (New International Version).

We live in an evil world where the evil prosper and the innocent perish. I define good as anyone and anything that helps anyone and anything. I define evil as anyone and anything that harms anyone and anything. By these definitions, everyone and everything is a mixture of good and evil. Some are more good than evil while others are more evil than good. "Might is right. Adapt or die." That's the only rule of reality. Just study the last 4 billion years of history to see that my conclusion is based entirely on evidence. 99.9% of all species to ever exist on Earth are already extinct. We are in the middle of a human-caused sixth mass extinction which may kill the remaining 0.1% of all the species. I wish life was fair for all and free from suffering and death but I can't make it so. Please see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinction_events
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_n ... death_toll
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... death_toll

Please see https://www.evilbible.com and

Given the evil world we live in and the evil verses in the Bible, the Biblical God is either evil or imaginary. What do you believe? What is the basis for your belief?

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Living in an evil world

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Compassionist wrote: the Biblical God is either evil or imaginary.
For me the evidence for the latter is overwhelming.

I'm as convinced that the God described in the Bible is imaginary as I am that the square root of 2 is an irrational number.

So there's no need to believe that it doesn't exist as a matter of faith, anymore than there is a need to believe on faith that there is no rational solution to the square root of two. We can know that these are both facts of reality.
Compassionist wrote: What do you believe?
I don't know what to believe about situation. Are we some sort of cosmic material accident? Or is there something mystical and magical going on beneath it all?

I don't know the answer to that question and I have no problem with accepting that this is indeed the situation I'm in. Why worry about knowing something that appears to be impossible to know?

An inability to accept that we can't know doesn't change the fact that we can't known. So we may as well accept it.
Compassionist wrote: What is the basis for your belief?
I have no beliefs about the ultimate nature of reality. I simply accept that I neither know, nor will likely ever know.

As a romantic I do cling to the mystical magical dream that someday when I die I'll reawaken to become aware that I have always existed and always will exist and that life is just a dream.

It's highly unlikely to be true of course. The saying, "If it's too good to be true it's probably not" has unfortunately proven itself to be true far more often than not.

One thing for certain is that I'm not worried about it. If life is a dream and I will wake up from it when I die, I feel confident that this will be a good experience. I don't fear that I'll awaken to find myself being chastised by an angry jealous God who hates humans based on petty egotistical jealously. :roll:

You mentioned the evils in this world, if the Biblical God were true we'd have nothing to look forward to but far greater evils after this life is over. This life would seem like heaven in comparison to being hated on by the egotistical male-chauvinistic God described in the Bible.

The authors of the Bible created an evil monster that is infinitely more evil than the most evil human on earth. So apparently they can't get enough of the evil, they felt a need to create an evil God to boot.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by Compassionist]

In my opinion, life is a blessing, yet evil is definitely a challenge.

The thought that making innocent people (criminal personality conversion) an eternal Hell is frightening and seems outright wrong! Why?!!

So here's how:
1. Appreciate the life you're given in all laughter and smile and connection (family, etc.) by word of God and by God's blessing in life.
2. Life is therefore used to prepare for death and to "die" to God and Heaven in spite of all evil. That is, the stalwart issue as religious person.
3. Meaning throughout is found through life and to God and in Heaven too!

To give up life for evil is to die outright, also to Hell, so it's not an option.
To not be born is to have no consciousness and if all was to be unborn, I'm not sure there would be a God even so it is nullified as well.

Therefore, Christian, fundamentally/stalwartly, forever!
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Compassionist
Guru

Post #4

Post by Compassionist »

Divine Insight wrote:
Compassionist wrote: the Biblical God is either evil or imaginary.
For me the evidence for the latter is overwhelming.

I'm as convinced that the God described in the Bible is imaginary as I am that the square root of 2 is an irrational number.

So there's no need to believe that it doesn't exist as a matter of faith, anymore than there is a need to believe on faith that there is no rational solution to the square root of two. We can know that these are both facts of reality.
Compassionist wrote: What do you believe?
I don't know what to believe about situation. Are we some sort of cosmic material accident? Or is there something mystical and magical going on beneath it all?

I don't know the answer to that question and I have no problem with accepting that this is indeed the situation I'm in. Why worry about knowing something that appears to be impossible to know?

An inability to accept that we can't know doesn't change the fact that we can't known. So we may as well accept it.
Compassionist wrote: What is the basis for your belief?
I have no beliefs about the ultimate nature of reality. I simply accept that I neither know, nor will likely ever know.

As a romantic I do cling to the mystical magical dream that someday when I die I'll reawaken to become aware that I have always existed and always will exist and that life is just a dream.

It's highly unlikely to be true of course. The saying, "If it's too good to be true it's probably not" has unfortunately proven itself to be true far more often than not.

One thing for certain is that I'm not worried about it. If life is a dream and I will wake up from it when I die, I feel confident that this will be a good experience. I don't fear that I'll awaken to find myself being chastised by an angry jealous God who hates humans based on petty egotistical jealously. :roll:

You mentioned the evils in this world, if the Biblical God were true we'd have nothing to look forward to but far greater evils after this life is over. This life would seem like heaven in comparison to being hated on by the egotistical male-chauvinistic God described in the Bible.

The authors of the Bible created an evil monster that is infinitely more evil than the most evil human on earth. So apparently they can't get enough of the evil, they felt a need to create an evil God to boot.
Thank you for your reply. I am a strong agnostic about the ultimate nature of reality. Is our perceived reality a simulation? How would we know for sure? Is it a dream? How would we know for sure? I am not worried about it either.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #5

Post by Compassionist »

Aetixintro wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Compassionist]

In my opinion, life is a blessing, yet evil is definitely a challenge.

The thought that making innocent people (criminal personality conversion) an eternal Hell is frightening and seems outright wrong! Why?!!

So here's how:
1. Appreciate the life you're given in all laughter and smile and connection (family, etc.) by word of God and by God's blessing in life.
2. Life is therefore used to prepare for death and to "die" to God and Heaven in spite of all evil. That is, the stalwart issue as religious person.
3. Meaning throughout is found through life and to God and in Heaven too!

To give up life for evil is to die outright, also to Hell, so it's not an option.
To not be born is to have no consciousness and if all was to be unborn, I'm not sure there would be a God even so it is nullified as well.

Therefore, Christian, fundamentally/stalwartly, forever!
Thank you for your reply. What is the basis for your belief? Did you visit all the links in my original post?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by ttruscott »

Compassionist wrote:I wish life was fair for all and free from suffering and death but I can't make it so.
It is a mistake to assume life in a Prison for psychotic psychopaths with a rehab centre in it for curables, should be the same as life in polite society. This life on earth is not all we get - there is another life coming. Evil and suffering will end only by the sanctification of those that can repent and the banishment to the outer darkness of those who cannot.

Then real life as GOD purposed us to have, starts.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #7

Post by Compassionist »

ttruscott wrote:
Compassionist wrote:I wish life was fair for all and free from suffering and death but I can't make it so.
It is a mistake to assume life in a Prison for psychotic psychopaths with a rehab centre in it for curables, should be the same as life in polite society. This life on earth is not all we get - there is another life coming. Evil and suffering will end only by the sanctification of those that can repent and the banishment to the outer darkness of those who cannot.

Then real life as GOD purposed us to have, starts.
Thank you for your reply. Did you visit, read or watch the links I posted in my original post? What is the basis for your belief?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by ttruscott »

Compassionist wrote: Thank you for your reply. Did you visit, read or watch the links I posted in my original post? What is the basis for your belief?
No, I did not read them. I do not need more proof that there is real evil (not the Buddhist fake evil that is not evil) in this world.

My beliefs are Bible based.

We know that Satan and his demonic angels were flung into the earth as a prison, held in Sheol in the centre of the earth in Tartarus, blinded by the darkness of their evil thoughts. Revelation 12: 7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

But just before this battle and this flinging down of Satan, Satan himself had success over some of his enemies and flung (same word) them to the earth, Rev 12:3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: a huge red dragon with seven heads, ten horns, and seven royal crowns on his heads. 4 His tail swept a third of the stars from the sky, tossing them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman as she was about to give birth, ready to devour her child as soon as He was born.

Then we come to Jesus story of how evil came to be in His 'garden'...Matt 13:24 Jesus put before them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was asleep, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and slipped away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the weeds also appeared.

27 The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 ‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.
And enemy sowed his weeds into the garden / creation of GOD, hmmmm....when, I wonder. In the explanation of this parable, 36 Then Jesus dismissed the crowds and went into the house. His disciples came to Him and said, “EXPLAIN to us the parable of the weeds in the field.� ie, with no hyperbole, no metaphor or spiritually hidden things, Christ said: 37 He replied, “The One who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed represents the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. This suggests most strongly that they were separated into sinful good seed and Satanic evil weeds before they were sown into the world of mankind and not after their birth here.

Since the good seed are also sinful, ie liable to be pulled up with the judgement on the tares and the judgement is postponed until they are holy, Matt 13:28...So the servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 ‘NO,’ he said, ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest.
the evil of the tares must be of a quite different sort than the evil of the good seed.

Since we know that Satan and his angels were flung to the earth and here are described as being sown into the world of mankind, it is no great leap to find that those Satan flung to the earth are the sinful good seed who must live here in Satan's prison with him and his cohorts until they are sanctified and the judgement may proceed.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #9

Post by Compassionist »

ttruscott wrote:
Compassionist wrote: Thank you for your reply. Did you visit, read or watch the links I posted in my original post? What is the basis for your belief?
No, I did not read them. I do not need more proof that there is real evil (not the Buddhist fake evil that is not evil) in this world.

My beliefs are Bible based.

We know that Satan and his demonic angels were flung into the earth as a prison, held in Sheol in the centre of the earth in Tartarus, blinded by the darkness of their evil thoughts. Revelation 12: 7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

But just before this battle and this flinging down of Satan, Satan himself had success over some of his enemies and flung (same word) them to the earth, Rev 12:3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: a huge red dragon with seven heads, ten horns, and seven royal crowns on his heads. 4 His tail swept a third of the stars from the sky, tossing them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman as she was about to give birth, ready to devour her child as soon as He was born.

Then we come to Jesus story of how evil came to be in His 'garden'...Matt 13:24 Jesus put before them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was asleep, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and slipped away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the weeds also appeared.

27 The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 ‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.
And enemy sowed his weeds into the garden / creation of GOD, hmmmm....when, I wonder. In the explanation of this parable, 36 Then Jesus dismissed the crowds and went into the house. His disciples came to Him and said, “EXPLAIN to us the parable of the weeds in the field.� ie, with no hyperbole, no metaphor or spiritually hidden things, Christ said: 37 He replied, “The One who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed represents the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. This suggests most strongly that they were separated into sinful good seed and Satanic evil weeds before they were sown into the world of mankind and not after their birth here.

Since the good seed are also sinful, ie liable to be pulled up with the judgement on the tares and the judgement is postponed until they are holy, Matt 13:28...So the servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 ‘NO,’ he said, ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest.
the evil of the tares must be of a quite different sort than the evil of the good seed.

Since we know that Satan and his angels were flung to the earth and here are described as being sown into the world of mankind, it is no great leap to find that those Satan flung to the earth are the sinful good seed who must live here in Satan's prison with him and his cohorts until they are sanctified and the judgement may proceed.
The Bible is false and unethical, hence, so are your beliefs. Please see https://www.evilbible.com/evil-bible-ho ... mpossible/ Thank you for your reply.

Menotu
Sage

Post #10

Post by Menotu »

[Replying to post 1 by Compassionist]
We live in an evil world where the evil prosper and the innocent perish.
This has been the world since humanity came about. We always think today's world is the most evil/worst ever. But a lot of that, IMO, is personal inflection on a biased level, as well as it's more visible to us today than it was 50 years ago.
Additionally, IMO, evil is a human construct that can be used only on/towards humanity. In other words, storms aren't evil; they're storms. Animals aren't evil, they're animals. Cities aren't evil, they're cities, etc.
To anthropomorphize something is erroneous. Evil (and good) comes from humanity only. Evil may be in the world, but the world is not evil.
Again, IMO.