The Bible Does Not Condone Racism

Post #1

Post by Amos Ministries »

Amos Ministries
Student

Re: The Bible Does Not Condone Racism

Post #21

The scripture is referring to the children of Israel taking over their land that God gave them. There is no scripture that states that God gave the European settlers the natives land. Even the children of Israel could not extend their borders or covet from their neighbour or steal. You are taking the scripture out of context as usual.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #22

Post by nobspeople »

Amos Ministries wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:14 pm The scripture is referring to the children of Israel taking over their land that God gave them. There is no scripture that states that God gave the European settlers the natives land. Even the children of Israel could not extend their borders or covet from their neighbour or steal. You are taking the scripture out of context as usual.
Some may say God having a chosen people - 'giving' them land - is, in part, racist.
:bored:
What made them more special than anyone else?
Or did God give other groups of people land as well?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Amos Ministries
Student

Post #23

If you commit murder it is a sin when God does it is Called death and is ok. When you take vengeance it is a sin when God does it it is OK since the Scripture says vengeance is mine saith the Lord. We cannot compare what God does to what we can do we are not God. To know what’s so special about the Jews you would need to read the Bible and see that it was due to Abrahams faith that his descendants were blessed. But there is no such scripture pertaining To European settlers and the North American continent. No one can just make up things and claim God has said it this is called false prophets.

Amos Ministries
Student

Post #24

[Replying to nobspeople in post #23]

Also the scriptures State That all the people of the earth were given land according to the borders that God said we are not able to just take our neighbours land because we feel like it out of greed. There is nothing racist about God he gave each ethnicity their own land.

Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

Deuteronomy 32:8
When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, when He divided the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.

Now if we feel like residing in another man’s land we ask for their permission and we Sojourn with them We live with them but we don’t take their land from them. We do not covet our neighbours land and steal it from them.

Mrs.Badham
Student

Post #25

Post by Mrs.Badham »

By your rationale the bible is not intended for anyone except the Jews. If the bible doesn’t pertain to me, I don’t care what it says.

I thought God helped those who helped themselves. Are you saying the Europeans took the entire continent of North America without God’s help? I wouldn’t think that was possible.

Amos Ministries
Student

Post #26

I have no idea where you get the logic from that the Bible is only intended for the Jews, as the Bible clearly states the whole world shall be blessed by the Messiah meaning Gentiles, which includes the European pioneers and settlers. So obviously the Bible governs all Christians which include the original European Pioneers settlers and explores who came to this country.

First of all the statement God helps those who help themselves is not in the Bible it is an unbiblical principle.

Second of all many people have done many evil things in the world and obviously did not have Gods help and assistance. You don’t need God’s help to steal. Are you stating rich drug dealers received God’s help to receive their money and riches. Are you stating a thief Who steals a large amount of money your jewellery received God’s help to do so. Your logic makes no sense.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #27

Post by Purple Knight »

nobspeople wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:30 pmSome may say God having a chosen people - 'giving' them land - is, in part, racist.
Especially since he gave them other peoples' land.

Some of the worst racists today include a sect called Christian Identity. These are whites who believe that they are the Chosen People; essentially that the Jews alive today are false Jews and whites are the true Jews. You can look this up.

You could easily look at this and conclude that Jews are exactly as racist as whites whose only sin is to falsely believe that they themselves are the Chosen People.

I do not make that conclusion, however. I prefer this to be illustrative of what racism is, and what racism is not.

Mrs.Badham
Student

Post #28

Post by Mrs.Badham »

Leviticus 22
12. If the priests daughter also be married unto a stranger, she may not eat of an offering of the holy things.
13. But if the priests daughter be a widow, or divorced, and have no child, and is returned unto her father’s house, as in her youth, she shall eat of her father’s meat: but there shall be no stranger eat thereof.

It would seem as though the daughter’s right to eat her father’s meat would be entirely dependent upon the nationality of the man she married.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #29

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:18 am
nobspeople wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:30 pmSome may say God having a chosen people - 'giving' them land - is, in part, racist.
Especially since he gave them other peoples' land.

Some of the worst racists today include a sect called Christian Identity. These are whites who believe that they are the Chosen People; essentially that the Jews alive today are false Jews and whites are the true Jews. You can look this up.

You could easily look at this and conclude that Jews are exactly as racist as whites whose only sin is to falsely believe that they themselves are the Chosen People.

I do not make that conclusion, however. I prefer this to be illustrative of what racism is, and what racism is not.
Thanks for the response. I've never heard of this Christian Identity before so I looked them up. Wow. Interesting group of people. Though they don't seem that much different than many other religious sects throughout history when speaking of their need to feel special about their belief system, at least.
But thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Amos Ministries
Student

Post #30

[Replying to Mrs.Badham in post #29]

The Scriptures are only for Levitical priests. The scriptures also state that a Levitical priest Can only marry a virgin But the Scriptures are only for Levitical priest and not for the rest of the people.

Today for Christians the scripture states that we may marry only in the Lord. So it is not a racist notion It is a spiritual notion. Meaning in those days as in today’s days people must marry according to the religious beliefs meeting any ethnicity is fine as long as they are a Christian. But in those days only Jewish people We’re religious, meaning believed in the one and only God.