Spitting on Christians, good/bad?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Spitting on Christians, good/bad?

Post #1

Post by thomasdixon »

Something never reported in the US press & here I ask why?
Rabbi’s think that they can spit the Catholics away----
Rabbi David Rosen is a talented and respected rabbi, originally from the UK.
Since in some circles it seems to be more encouraged to spit on Christian clergymen than build bridges (this week's events in the Old City), Rabbi Rosen is unpopular with Eskin and his ilk.
http://tinyurl.com/9rt8yn4

It has been Jerusalem's dirty little secret for decades: Orthodox yeshiva students and other Jewish residents vandalizing churches and spitting on Christian clergyman as they walk along the narrow, ancient stone streets of the Old City.
Site Builder

Christians say ultra-Orthodox Jewish students spit at them or at the ground when they pass. There have also been acts of vandalism against statues of the Virgin Mary.
http://tinyurl.com/8g3zxwo

You cannot find one incident where Muslims spit on Christians but you can find countless incidents where

Google: “spitting on Christians”
I did & I got About 365,000 results [hits] (0.49 seconds)

Orthodox Jews spit on Christians. Has the American press ever covered the above-?

NO; the question is; why not?
Jerusalem's Christian community has demanded that Jewish leaders and the Israeli government take action against what they claim is growing harassment of their clergy by religious Jews.Christians say ultra-Orthodox Jewish students spit at them or at the ground when they pass. There have also been ...
Spitting on Christians, who be the spitters? | Christian Forums
https://www.christianforums.com › ... › Social Justice Ministries

- Christians in Jerusalem Want Jews to Stop Spitting on Them. A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window.

Reality is at your door. Muslims do not do the following & now you know who does

A very embarrassing and persistent problem has arisen in some of the sacred sites in Jerusalem where Christians and Jews cross each other's paths. Teenagers from a small sector of the city's many Ultra-Orthodox (“Haredi”) Ashkenazi Jewish communities have taken to spitting at clerics wearing prominent ...
Ynetnews Jewish Scene - ADL: Spitting at Christians a 'repulsive act'
ADL: Spitting at Christians a repulsive act
Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them - Haaretz ...
https://www.haaretz.com/christians-in-j ... -on-them-1...
Jan 31, 2013 -
Christians Feel Growing Oppression in Israel - Open Doors USA
https://www.opendoorsusa.org/take.../ch ... in-israel/

Holy Spit: Why Do Ultra-Orthodox Jews Spit at Christians? | Religion ...
religiondispatches.org/holy-spit-why-do-ultra-orthodox-jews-spit-at-christians/

ADL: Spitting at Christians a 'repulsive act'. Jewish group calls on Israel's Chief Rabbinate to denounce decades-old ultra-Orthodox practice of spitting at Christian clergymen on the street. 'This is a hateful act of persecution against another faith group'. Ynetnews|Published: 15.12.11 , 15:19. The Anti-Defamation League ...

Brazilian 'Fiddler' director: Orthodox Jews spit on Christians | The ...
Brazilian ‘Fiddler’ director: Orthodox Jews spit on Christians...

An acclaimed Brazilian theater director who recently put on a successful production of “Fiddler on the Roof” compared a lawmaker who spit on a colleague to Orthodox Jews, whom he said routinely spit on Christians. Claudio Botelho made the remarks last week on Facebook, according ...

The oppression of Christians in Israel comes mostly from Ultra-Orthodox Jews; though a minority in the country, the religious group has a major influence. In February, several Israeli newspapers had reports on the growing oppression. The spitting is especially a problem for priests and pastors who stand out with their ...

Ultra-orthodox Jews 'must stop religious abuse' | World news | The ...
Ultra-orthodox Jews 'must stop religious abuse'

Googled “spitting on Christians” and I got 632000 results (0.34 seconds). Can you guess who the spitter's were/are? As a Christian does this trouble...

Spitting on God's Image | Christianity Today
www.christianitytoday.com › The Magazine › 2004 › December

Shirvanian said spitting against Christian clergyman had been going on for years. He said the assailants are religious Jews—men, women, teens, and children. "This shows that it is a phenomenon that is prevailing in their religious education and it should be corrected," he said. Daniel Rossing, director of the Jerusalem ...

ADL: Jews Should Not Spit at Christians - National Catholic Register
www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/adl- ... christians

The Anti-Defamation League has refused to accept the explanation by the Israeli Chief Rabbinate about its efforts to combat the phenomenon of Ultra-Orthodox Jews spitting at Christian clergymen in Jerusalem's Old City. While the Rabbinate asserts the ADL is “misguided' in publicly lashing out at the ...

Has the US news ever reported the above?
NO, not even once
&
One must wonder why? -
O:)

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Re: Spitting on Christians, good/bad?

Post #11

Post by thomasdixon »

Purple Knight wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:31 pm It's just a loogie. Wipe it off. It's only as important or demeaning or gross as you make it. Realistically you're not going to get sick, and that's the only possible way it would qualify as assault.
This is not about the actual spitting. This is about a religious group, (Jewish Rabbis) spitting on Christians.
This is an un-godly act that should be made public and then the public can judge them for themselves.

In the specific instance that this is a part of a larger system of oppression, and the majority is spitting on the minority, then yes, it's something that ought to turn heads, because it's something that needs to stop immediately. This may well apply to the Christian minority living in Muslim countries if people start spitting on them.
thomasdixon wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:45 pmWhat I do get is a disgusting, revolting feeling when I read about all the innocent children murdered by the Israelis.
Yes, the murdering of Palestinian children, you just skipped over that--
why?
8-)

Miles
Savant

Post #12

Post by Miles »

thomasdixon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:37 pm
Purple Knight wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:31 pm It's just a loogie. Wipe it off. It's only as important or demeaning or gross as you make it. Realistically you're not going to get sick, and that's the only possible way it would qualify as assault.
This is not about the actual spitting.
Good, then we can dispense with any spitting issues and get on with your real concern, which is ____________________________ .
This is an un-godly act that should be made public and then the public can judge them for themselves.
So why are you so concerned with how Catholics or anyone else behaves, be it godly or ungodly? Are you concerned with how Muslims and Buddhists behave ? Do you want to make their behavior public as well? And why does it matter that the public judge them, anyway?

In the specific instance that this is a part of a larger system of oppression, and the majority is spitting on the minority, then yes, it's something that ought to turn heads, because it's something that needs to stop immediately. This may well apply to the Christian minority living in Muslim countries if people start spitting on them.
Hold on. You just got done saying that this isn't about the actual spitting, yet now you're raising it. What gives?

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by thomasdixon »

Miles wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:16 pm So why are you so concerned with how Catholics or anyone else behaves, be it godly or ungodly? Are you concerned with how Muslims and Buddhists behave ? Do you want to make their behavior public as well? And why does it matter that the public judge them, anyway?
Being the leaders of the Jewish community, they set an example for others to follow. I find spitting in ones face repugnant. At least you looked at the spitting incidents since I never mentioned that those being spit on were Catholics. Since spiting seems irrelevant to you, I suggest that if you are spit on, just open your mouth wide.
(just kidding)
Miles wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:16 pmIn the specific instance that this is a part of a larger system of oppression, and the majority is spitting on the minority, then yes, it's something that ought to turn heads, because it's something that needs to stop immediately.
Finally, we find something that we can agree on :D

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by Purple Knight »

thomasdixon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:37 pm
This is not about the actual spitting. This is about a religious group, (Jewish Rabbis) spitting on Christians.
The public is stupid. They won't understand the difference between an oppressed minority being spat on and the empowered majority being spat on, and they'll use it as fuel for their racism. Largely, they're idiots who don't understand context, nor oppression.

I 100% get that it's not about the spitting but about what the spitting means. That's exactly why I said, move along home, don't let it mean that. Sticks and stones can break your bones but realistically a loogie won't kill you.
thomasdixon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:37 pmYes, the murdering of Palestinian children, you just skipped over that--
why?
8-)
I didn't. I said I thought Israel has a bad case of GGS (Good Guy Syndrome).
Purple Knight wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:31 pm
thomasdixon wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:45 pmWhat I do get is a disgusting, revolting feeling when I read about all the innocent children murdered by the Israelis.
What I will say is that this is a case of Good Guy Syndrome (GGS). Historically Jews have always been victims, oppressed, bullied, roasted, and expelled. If a Jewish state is up to no good, as it certainly seems to be with Palestinians, nobody's going to stand up to the perpetual victims because then they feel like the bad guy. And without that pullback of correction, you can't really blame Israel for what it does. They think what they do is good, because that's all anyone ever says.

People with a lot of power can also get GGS. And I don't just mean political or military power. Take little Anthony from an episode of The Twilight Zone. He was born with amazing psychokinetic powers, and because he could annihilate people who p'd him off, nobody ever corrected him and he came down with the worst case in history of GGS. It's not his fault; this is simply what leads to the condition. There is no cure.

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by thomasdixon »

Purple Knight wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:40 pmThe public is stupid. They won't understand the difference between.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,
An eight year old Palestinian child was shot by an Israel Defense Force sniper. The US news never reported it
IDF troops shot and killed an 8-year-old Palestinian girl who was on her way to school in a Gaza Strip refugee camp
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/494672.html

A 12 year old Palestinian girl along with a 10 year old Palestinian girl were both shot in the head while sitting at school desks in the middle of the classroom.12-year old Hoda Darwish was hit in the head by a bullet fired Two 10 year-old school children were shot in the al-Omaria school run by UNRWA in Rafah, when an Israeli tank fired into their classroom.

Bullets fired from the tank flew through the classroom window, hitting Mahmoud Hamad in the neck and Hisham al Habil in the head. The boys had not even been sitting by the windows but in the middle of the room.
http://www.palestinemonitor.org/index.html
An eight-year-old Palestinian girl shot dead by Israeli troops in the central Gaza Strip was killed while showing off her new school uniform to friends
http://tinyurl.com/99kh8zk

Americans have no idea that these killings continues. :|
Note: there is no statute of limitations in a murder case

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #16

Post by Purple Knight »

thomasdixon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:27 pmAn eight year old Palestinian child was shot by an Israel Defense Force sniper. The US news never reported it.
I'm not surprised. Israel has a bad case of GGS. No one will ever attack Israel for what it does wrong for fear of being the bad guy.

I'm sure you can see the difference between doing something actually wrong, like killing a child, and hurling an almost certainly harmless loogie.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Purple Knight wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:31 pm
thomasdixon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:27 pmAn eight year old Palestinian child was shot by an Israel Defense Force sniper. The US news never reported it.
I'm not surprised. Israel has a bad case of GGS. No one will ever attack Israel for what it does wrong for fear of being the bad guy.

I'm sure you can see the difference between doing something actually wrong, like killing a child, and hurling an almost certainly harmless loogie.
I submit that in these days of covidity, that loogie may well be it a lethal weapon.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #18

Post by Purple Knight »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:14 amI submit that in these days of covidity, that loogie may well be it a lethal weapon.
It makes me sound like a conservative (ungh) but I actually think modern policy is a gross overreaction to covid. Why weren't we wearing masks and shutting down for the flu? Because the number of covid deaths in excess of flu deaths meets some arbitrary magic number of deaths where your at-risk life now deserves to be protected at the expense of the livelihood of others?

Spitting on people was done before covid and the intent is not to murder. The intent is to shame and express disgust. People decide to take that shame and then complain about it instead of doing the mature thing and walking away.

I was the smart kid in a very, very bad school, so I had to learn what frankly everyone should have to learn. Will it kill you? Was a hate crime committed? If no to both, don't bother people about it because they're sick of your whining and tattling. I have to pretend I think physical "abuse" is a big deal when I honestly don't. Bruises heal. Move the heck on, punch him back, or leave the idiot.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Purple Knight wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:22 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:14 amI submit that in these days of covidity, that loogie may well be it a lethal weapon.
It makes me sound like a conservative (ungh) but I actually think modern policy is a gross overreaction to covid. Why weren't we wearing masks and shutting down for the flu? Because the number of covid deaths in excess of flu deaths meets some arbitrary magic number of deaths where your at-risk life now deserves to be protected at the expense of the livelihood of others?

Spitting on people was done before covid and the intent is not to murder. The intent is to shame and express disgust. People decide to take that shame and then complain about it instead of doing the mature thing and walking away.

I was the smart kid in a very, very bad school, so I had to learn what frankly everyone should have to learn. Will it kill you? Was a hate crime committed? If no to both, don't bother people about it because they're sick of your whining and tattling. I have to pretend I think physical "abuse" is a big deal when I honestly don't. Bruises heal. Move the heck on, punch him back, or leave the idiot.
I hear ya. Coming from a construction background, with the OSHA training and all, I've been taught that biohazards should be taken seriously, even if you're laughing while wrapping up a 'patient' after watching him cut his thumb off. Twice. The same thumb twice. He cut off the same thumb over once. They put it back on. Twice. Two times did they hafta put him his thumb back on.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin