Forced vaccinations

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Forced vaccinations

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

With the increase of COVID infections lately, some places are forcing their employees to get vaccinated against COVID.

Is this the right thing to do, or no?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Forced vaccinations

Post #31

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #28]
I think Christians thnk Climate Change won't affect them, because Jesus is coming back to take them away
I wonder if it's not more of a 'we're in this world but not of it' thinking. Jesus may not take away many christians but eventually, they believe they will get to heaven which isn't earth, so why bother with earth?
Christianity is a selfish religion so it's no surprise that christians should be selfish with how they use the planet. :?:

William
Savant

Post #32

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:35 am [Replying to William in post #28]
I think Christians thnk Climate Change won't affect them, because Jesus is coming back to take them away
I wonder if it's not more of a 'we're in this world but not of it' thinking. Jesus may not take away many christians but eventually, they believe they will get to heaven which isn't earth, so why bother with earth?
Christianity is a selfish religion so it's no surprise that christians should be selfish with how they use the planet. :?:
I mourn that Worship of Earth was labeled "Pagan" whilst understanding that certain practices of the ancients under that banner, were appalling.

I am tempted to forgive Christians for focusing of heavenly rewards because materialism is the real killer as scientific discovery has allowed the harmful to arise unabated...materialism is also - even moreso - selfish and appalling.

Perhaps the truth is that Christians are secretive Materialists, and Materialists are secretive Christians, and they are the same thing wearing different guise.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #33

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:12 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:35 am [Replying to William in post #28]
I mourn that Worship of Earth was labeled "Pagan" whilst understanding that certain practices of the ancients under that banner, were appalling.

I am tempted to forgive Christians for focusing of heavenly rewards because materialism is the real killer as scientific discovery has allowed the harmful to arise unabated...materialism is also - even moreso - selfish and appalling.

Perhaps the truth is that Christians are secretive Materialists, and Materialists are secretive Christians, and they are the same thing wearing different guise.
I'd agree with the whole 'pagan' aspect you point out.
I can't agree, at least entirely, on the materialism aspect - of it being 'the real killer'. That falls to modern humanity, it seems. Modern humanity is the glutton of the planet and, no matter what, seems to be addicted to access. Like most everything, moderation, is the key. If only people could understand that and put it in to practice these days. Unfortunately, for some, moderation doesn't seem to be possible, and leads to selfishness.
Which is why christianity is so enticing to some, I suspect.

William
Savant

Post #34

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #33]
I can't agree, at least entirely, on the materialism aspect - of it being 'the real killer'. That falls to modern humanity, it seems.
'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet' ~ William Shakespeare

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #35

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:38 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #33]
I can't agree, at least entirely, on the materialism aspect - of it being 'the real killer'. That falls to modern humanity, it seems.
'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet' ~ William Shakespeare
Quoting Shakespeare and providing an antiquated graphic - albeit rather cool in a hipster sort of way - means only that. :)

William
Savant

Post #36

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #35]

Just shaking the spear. Roses and thorns....

Search "materialism"
1: a tendency to consider material possessions and physical comfort as more important than spiritual values.
2: the theory or belief that nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications.

"Materialism" = "modern humanity". Means "'the real killer'"

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #37

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:00 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #35]

Search "materialism"
1: a tendency to consider material possessions and physical comfort as more important than spiritual values.
2: the theory or belief that nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications.

But without humanity, materialism is pointless. So it's not materialism that is the real killer, but gluttonous humanity. In moderation, it is fine.

William
Savant

Post #38

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:09 pm
William wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:00 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #35]

Search "materialism"

But without humanity, materialism is pointless. So it's not materialism that is the real killer, but gluttonous humanity. In moderation, it is fine.
Without humanity every 'ism' is pointless.

Materialism is not about moderation. Nothing in its description shows us moderation is an aspect of the materialist make-up.

Moderation does not extend to the immaterial because the materialist has no use for such things.

There is a rather gluttonous consideration for all things material whilst starving off the consideration for any and all things which threaten a pure materialist world view.

Tell me if you can. The current causes of the worlds problems are in no way the result of materialism, how?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #39

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #38]
Exactly. So, instead of blaming the 'ism', put the blame where it lies: with over selfish humanity?
Maybe because, it hits home too much to some people?

William
Savant

Post #40

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:40 pm [Replying to William in post #38]

Exactly. So, instead of blaming the 'ism', put the blame where it lies: with over selfish humanity?
Maybe because, it hits home too much to some people?
The reason vaccination is in vouge is because the materialist economy is under threat.

Excessiveness was grounded. A virus clipped its wings.

I see little point in a Christian trying to defend Christianity with the words 'it isn't Christianity at fault but some of those calling themselves Christians who are selfish."

Face it - no "ism" is free of selfish humanity. Materialism gives opportunity for such selfishness to survive in the short-term at least...

All I am saying is that when a materialist points at Christians and observes selfish humans, it is no different than my pointing to materialism and seeing the same thing.