Murder

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 817 times

Murder

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Would you murder someone if you were guaranteed (through whatever means appropriate to you) that you could get away with it?
Why or why not?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10507
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 1136 times
Contact:

Re: Murder

Post #2

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:05 pm Would you murder someone if you were guaranteed (through whatever means appropriate to you) that you could get away with it?
Why or why not?
No.

This is because I understand that one can never get away with something which one considers has to be hidden in the first place.

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 817 times

Re: Murder

Post #3

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:59 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:05 pm Would you murder someone if you were guaranteed (through whatever means appropriate to you) that you could get away with it?
Why or why not?
No.

This is because I understand that one can never get away with something which one considers has to be hidden in the first place.
People get away with murder all the time - at least when referencing societal laws, which is the 'getting away with it' part I listed originally.
Additionally, I'd challenge your take en mass, as I understand it, (obviously this wouldn't work for you based on your definition). One could justify their murder and not hide it from certain people (or hide it from the authorities if the authorities don't much care). Again, doesn't seem it'd work for you, which is what the thread is about. I'm simply voicing a thought, nothing more. Or perhaps I'm not understanding your point. Which, if so, please correct me and elaborate more.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
Miles
Prodigy
Posts: 3365
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 934 times

Re: Murder

Post #4

Post by Miles »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:05 pm Would you murder someone if you were guaranteed (through whatever means appropriate to you) that you could get away with it?
Why or why not?

Does buying the bullet to shut up Trump count?


.

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10507
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 1136 times
Contact:

Re: Murder

Post #5

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:10 pm
William wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:59 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:05 pm Would you murder someone if you were guaranteed (through whatever means appropriate to you) that you could get away with it?
Why or why not?
No.

This is because I understand that one can never get away with something which one considers has to be hidden in the first place.
People get away with murder all the time - at least when referencing societal laws, which is the 'getting away with it' part I listed originally.
Additionally, I'd challenge your take en mass, as I understand it, (obviously this wouldn't work for you based on your definition). One could justify their murder and not hide it from certain people (or hide it from the authorities if the authorities don't much care). Again, doesn't seem it'd work for you, which is what the thread is about. I'm simply voicing a thought, nothing more. Or perhaps I'm not understanding your point. Which, if so, please correct me and elaborate more.
My position of understanding is;

♥ I am an Eternal Spirit currently engaged in having a genuine Human experience.
♥ Rather than wasting that time on seeing if I could get away with the murder of what I think of as killing the Human body another Eternal Spirit is occupying, I focus on other things entirely.
♥ When my own body dies, I will continue on in an environment largely modelled upon the personality I developed while being Human, as that personality engages with the immaterial in order to create a material landscape from that interaction, in which to continue giving that personality an experience.
♥ In that I understand that one can never get away with something which one considers has to be hidden in the first place, this relates not only to conscious but also to subconscious and unconscious structures which altogether are the 'make up' of the particular character-personality I am currently [as an Eternal Spirit] building. Anything hidden by that character, will manifest itself in relation to whatever environment is created and experienced next.
♥ Murder is interfering with another Eternal Spirits project, and brings with it whatever consequences it will.
♥ Therefore, my answer to the OPQ is "No".

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 817 times

Re: Murder

Post #6

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:32 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:10 pm
William wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:59 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:05 pm Would you murder someone if you were guaranteed (through whatever means appropriate to you) that you could get away with it?
Why or why not?
No.

This is because I understand that one can never get away with something which one considers has to be hidden in the first place.
People get away with murder all the time - at least when referencing societal laws, which is the 'getting away with it' part I listed originally.
Additionally, I'd challenge your take en mass, as I understand it, (obviously this wouldn't work for you based on your definition). One could justify their murder and not hide it from certain people (or hide it from the authorities if the authorities don't much care). Again, doesn't seem it'd work for you, which is what the thread is about. I'm simply voicing a thought, nothing more. Or perhaps I'm not understanding your point. Which, if so, please correct me and elaborate more.
My position of understanding is;

♥ I am an Eternal Spirit currently engaged in having a genuine Human experience.
♥ Rather than wasting that time on seeing if I could get away with the murder of what I think of as killing the Human body another Eternal Spirit is occupying, I focus on other things entirely.
♥ When my own body dies, I will continue on in an environment largely modelled upon the personality I developed while being Human, as that personality engages with the immaterial in order to create a material landscape from that interaction, in which to continue giving that personality an experience.
♥ In that I understand that one can never get away with something which one considers has to be hidden in the first place, this relates not only to conscious but also to subconscious and unconscious structures which altogether are the 'make up' of the particular character-personality I am currently [as an Eternal Spirit] building. Anything hidden by that character, will manifest itself in relation to whatever environment is created and experienced next.
♥ Murder is interfering with another Eternal Spirits project, and brings with it whatever consequences it will.
♥ Therefore, my answer to the OPQ is "No".
Thanks for the clarification :approve:
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
Purple Knight
Guru
Posts: 2113
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 670 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Murder

Post #7

Post by Purple Knight »

I'd murder anyone who lives their lives by hurting others if I could get away with it.

And I'll admit something else: The reason I don't do it now isn't fear of punishment; it's out of fear of being judged poorly by other people.

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 817 times

Re: Murder

Post #8

Post by nobspeople »

Purple Knight wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:21 pm I'd murder anyone who lives their lives by hurting others if I could get away with it.
And I'll admit something else: The reason I don't do it now isn't fear of punishment; it's out of fear of being judged poorly by other people.
For me, I think anyone who purposefully harms a child or animal needs immediately removed from society permanently (aka murdered).
In regards being 'judged by others', we all get that all the time so that's irrelevant for me. Judge me, people, I couldn't care less.
If I could murder and get away with it: DONE! In a heartbeat. The lives of those who takes lives of the innocent aren't worth the oxygen they use IMO.
Last edited by nobspeople on Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
JoeyKnothead
Under Probation
Posts: 18699
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:59 am
Location: Here
Has thanked: 1669 times
Been thanked: 1132 times

Re: Murder

Post #9

Post by JoeyKnothead »

William wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:59 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:05 pm Would you murder someone if you were guaranteed (through whatever means appropriate to you) that you could get away with it?
Why or why not?
No.

This is because I understand that one can never get away with something which one considers has to be hidden in the first place.
Dangit, I had me this whole thing I was agonna say.

As so often, your wisdom ends the debate.
Discovery is finding things that exist.
Invention is using things discovered.

Create that path and engineer a metamorphosis.

- William

User avatar
tam
Savant
Posts: 5567
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Re: Murder

Post #10

Post by tam »

Peace to you!
nobspeople wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:05 pm Would you murder someone if you were guaranteed (through whatever means appropriate to you) that you could get away with it?
Why or why not?
No. First of all, that would be harming someone else (as well as causing pain to all of their loved ones); that would be going against love (the law from God, the gift that He and His Son gave me); and of course that would be going against the teaching and example and command from my Lord and from my God (love even your enemies). And of course I do not have the right (or the desire) to do something like that.


Peace again to you.

Post Reply