Mad at everything?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Mad at everything?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Seems as though everyone has thin skin these days and become (seemingly) happily mad at the drop of a hat: post something on a public forum, don't cry when someone else disagrees; make an opinion don't get mad when someone voices the opposite view; make a factual claim without supporting evidence, be prepared to be challenged; claiming the sky is dark blue when someone else things it's light blue; and on and on. I've even seen people mad at David Beckham for the way his kissed his own child in a photo - people calling him all sorts of things.

It's gotten so bad, many places are hindering what can be said or posted, what words can't be used...even 'tone' can be taken into account (strange as toned can't be determined by mere words), with admins somehow 'knowing' what the poster 'meant' of 'inferred'.

Take, for instance, the below, that came to my feed today:
https://neurosciencenews.com/religion-a ... ence-8391/
https://digest.bps.org.uk/2018/01/26/ar ... -atheists/

Even with the noted caveats in the articles, people got upset. Why? Surely there are people who are smarter than other people on the planet, no? Or is everyone on the same level with it comes to such things?

For discussion:
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, as they say. If you know you'll get upset at the color of the sky, why get online at all?
What is behind the seemingly never ending parade of angry, upset people?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Mad at everything?

Post #2

Post by Difflugia »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:44 amIf you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, as they say. If you know you'll get upset at the color of the sky, why get online at all?
Didn't we just have this conversation?
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by nobspeople »

Difflugia wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:45 am
nobspeople wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:44 amIf you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, as they say. If you know you'll get upset at the color of the sky, why get online at all?
I don't recall having a conversation with you about this

William
Savant

Post #4

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:52 am
How does that make you feel?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:09 pm
How does this address the question in the OP?

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:36 am
How does this address the question in the OP?
Hard to say at this stage Nobs.

The world is full of a variety of individuals and does not seem to have uniform concerns as expressed in the OP blurb and Q's.

Kitchens and catering go together. What is 'can't stand the heat' to some ' is 'can't stand the odor' to others.

I understand your annoyance re moderation "over-protection" but is it really a device they use in order to try and gag, or is it simply a matter of us finding ways to re-word our expressions to better suit guidelines and rules/regulations.

If we can't cook in a kitchen without making unnecessary messes, why would we see that as indicative of folk not wanting to engage with our particular recipe and cooking style?

On the other hand, yes - it may be a device used in order to have purpose built barriers [stonewall] so that they can have mind-orgies with their own 'kind' in that there is less risk 'catching' something from the non-like-minded.

Which circles back to the observation that the world is full of a variety of individuals and does not seem to have uniform concerns as expressed in the OP blurb and Q's.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by nobspeople »

How does this make you feel?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #6]

Ugh,. George.... I never found GK funny - more annoying. But to each their own, I suppose. :approve:
The world is full of a variety of individuals and does not seem to have uniform concerns as expressed in the OP blurb and Q's.
Which isn't debatable to me. But if they're no uniform concerns, is this the source for everyone being mad?
I understand your annoyance re moderation "over-protection"
:P I suppose you understand things you make up in your own mind? Well done... I guess? :shock:
If we can't cook in a kitchen without making unnecessary messes, why would we see that as indicative of folk not wanting to engage with our particular recipe and cooking style?
Surely some can't stand the heat. Perhaps that's why they're mad? Instead of leaving, they stay to complain? Much like some here?
On the other hand, yes - it may be a device used in order to have purpose built barriers [stonewall] so that they can have mind-orgies with their own 'kind' in that there is less risk 'catching' something from the non-like-minded.
Perhaps this is another reason why everyone seems to get so mad all the time? Fear of being different? Or seeing being different? Assimilation, as it were? Borg-ness in a sense?

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #8]
Which isn't debatable to me. But if they're no uniform concerns, is this the source for everyone being mad?
Undoubtably this has at least a part to play re anger.

Anger is a kind of madness...being 'mad'...
Surely some can't stand the heat. Perhaps that's why they're mad? Instead of leaving, they stay to complain? Much like some here?
Those who need to complain? Who are they specific to their positions? Both non-theists and theists - but not all of both...not everyone is complaining nor finding it difficult to 'stand the heat' - it isn't really "the heat" at all, but different recipes which appear to be the source of conflict.

"Heat" itself is really just the expression of the anger part..."If you can't stand the anger then get out of the kitchen..."
Perhaps this is another reason why everyone seems to get so mad all the time? Fear of being different? Or seeing being different? Assimilation, as it were? Borg-ness in a sense?
Whichever 'way' one traverses the experience of their individuate life - we are never truly independent - so whichever group we choose to associate with will be the group we best identify as being...if the self-identity is incorrect - then no matter the position [theist/non-theist] one will always see the 'different' ...so there is no point whatsoever in fearing that, if one is self-identifying correctly

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:32 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #8]
Undoubtably this has at least a part to play re anger.

Anger is a kind of madness...being 'mad'...
Those who need to complain? Who are they specific to their positions? Both non-theists and theists - but not all of both...not everyone is complaining nor finding it difficult to 'stand the heat' - it isn't really "the heat" at all, but different recipes which appear to be the source of conflict.

"Heat" itself is really just the expression of the anger part..."If you can't stand the anger then get out of the kitchen..."
Whichever 'way' one traverses the experience of their individuate life - we are never truly independent - so whichever group we choose to associate with will be the group we best identify as being...if the self-identity is incorrect - then no matter the position [theist/non-theist] one will always see the 'different' ...so there is no point whatsoever in fearing that, if one is self-identifying correctly

There are always influences - agreed. Rather the be someone in a lab coat quoting numbers, a well dress man behind a pulpit quoting scripters, a woman heading a meeting in the board office or a homeless person walking the street.
To be clear, this 'mad at everything' thread was directed at humanity, not one group over another.
The genesis of this quest was from a recent foray into other social media sites.
But as you bring up theist/non-theist, I do tend to see more complaining (mad?) theists than not. At least on here. I haven't thought of that much lately, really (maybe it's happened so much it's become background noise...?). But it is something to consider, perhaps.