Question Everything
Sage

Pint sized preachers

Post #1

Post by Question Everything »

[center][youtube][/youtube][/center]

Questins for debate:

1. Is this child abuse?

2. If ths were anyting other than Bible based, would these kids not be considered to be mentally ill?
"Oh, you can''t get through seminary and come out believing in God!"

current pastor who is a closet atheist
quoted by Daniel Dennett.

Logomachist
Student

Post #2

Post by Logomachist »

I'd put this in the same category as child actors- some are abused, some aren't; it depends on how hard they're being pushed into doing what they do.

His Name Is John
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by His Name Is John »

Logomachist wrote:I'd put this in the same category as child actors- some are abused, some aren't; it depends on how hard they're being pushed into doing what they do.
This is what I was going to say.

Now I have a gut feeling that it is just wrong, but I don't think I can really logically justify such a view. I would never do it though, because I think the potential risks are too great. But this is just an opinion, not something I would argue someone with really (yet at least, perhaps when I have thought about it a bit more I might).
“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.�
- G.K. Chesterton

“A detective story generally describes six living men discussing how it is that a man is dead. A modern philosophic story generally describes six dead men discussing how any man can possibly be alive.�
- G.K. Chesterton

bluethread
Savant

Post #4

Post by bluethread »

I contest the assertion that what the child is doing is "bible based". He appears to just be repeating catch phrases. The fact that he can take some of these catch phrases and combine them in differnt ways, as in "red hot revival", does not minimized the fact that this is just repeating catch phrases.