Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Braveheart
Banned
Banned

Black Death

Post #1

Post by Braveheart »

This post is mainly directed towards Christians, though others are welcome to jump in. For those of you (Christians) who watched Black Death, what did you think of it? I brought it to my families house to watch with them and got banned from ever bringing a movie to there house again. They said that it was too violent, and it wasn't normal. It didn't put Christianity in a good light, and martyrdom is horrible, not good. I personally loved it. I think it puts martyrdom in a good light, has awesome actors, (Sean Bean), is a great action/gore flick, and shows real Christians, like Sir Ulric. If you have not seen this movie, and don't like intense, graphic combat scenes, I do not recommend this movie. But if that doesn't bother you so much, then I recommend it 100%. But anyway, for those of you who saw it, what did you think of it?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/black_death-2010/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1181791/
I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
Joan of Arc :2gun:

Peace if possible, truth at all costs.
Martin Luther

The Church of God she will not bend her knees
To the gods of this world though they promise her peace
She stands her ground
Stands firm on the Rock
Watch their walls tumble down when she lives out His love
Rich Mullins

TD101
Student

Post #2

Post by TD101 »

I also liked the film and agree that it was intense and graphic. I was conflicted while watching because I couldn't figure out if it was trashing christianity or not. It showed both positive and negative attributes of the religion. But the pagans also got the same treatment.

I thought the martyrdom scene was the most powerful of the movie. Facing torture and death, most of them refused to denounce their God. I've read several reviews online and a lot of people are upset at the path the lead character took at the end. I was somewhat surprised by it.

I also like Sean Bean and he is the reason I rented it.