the kelly family

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

stevevw
Student

the kelly family

Post #1

Post by stevevw »

i have discovered this great singing group called the Kelly family. i came across them quiet a few years ago by accident, a friend left a copy of their album (calling heaven). i am not sure if they were Christians or some other kind of religion but their music is what got me in. there are five brothers and four sisters all having long hair and sort of Quaker type cloths. anyway Wikipedia explains it better. The Kelly Family is an Irish-American-European music group consisting of a multi-generational family, who play a repertoire of rock, pop and folk music. They have had chart and concert success in Europe and other parts of the world, especially in Germany, the Benelux countries, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Spain and Portugal. They have sold over 20 million albums since the early 1980s.

For many years, the group presented a gypsy image and a vagabonding lifestyle, traveling around Europe in a double-Decker bus and houseboat. Their image was enhanced by their eclectic and often homemade clothing, and the very long hair worn by both male and female members of the band. In recent years, they have presented a more mainstream look.

in recent years it has been the lead singer paddy Kelly who joined the monastery and has brought out some great christian music. the group don't often get together nowadays or will come together with only six members or so. most have solo careers and still sing and each have great voices but together they have some of the best harmonies and singing in have heard imho. i thought i knew most music throughout my life but this group went under the radar with me until recently and i am discovering new things and still new songs which is great. they were big in Europe at times matching the Beatles yet relatively unknown in the main stream charts. anyway here are three songs that will introduce them

first is at one of their biggest concerts

the 2nd is five of the group a few years ago

the 3rd is paddy Kelly.