Experiences of Back Masking

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Faithful One
Guru

Experiences of Back Masking

Post #1

Post by Faithful One »

Backmasking is a recording technique in which a sound or message is recorded backward onto a track that is meant to be played forward. Backmasking is a deliberate process, whereas a message found through phonetic reversal may be unintentional.

This technique was used on many vinyl records going as far back as the Beatles , with the " number nine" repeated over and over , if you ran the track backwards .

My personal reaction when I heard the first ones was very eerie and spooky.

1. Did any of you who experienced this feel this same way ?
2. Many had satanic , or devil worshipping undertones , even outright ones , do you think this was mostly to sell records , or were these mainly metal groups , actually worshipping the devil .
3. Share a personal experience and or, give examples of the one you first heard .

The time I first heard of this ironically was at church , ( many moons ago) as these people were traveling from church to church showing the " evilness " of it , the presentation was cool , and shown to the youth groups. This was an eerie experience. The irony of it all is that we had never heard of this , so it made me dive into it more , having the opposite effect , as they were going from church to church , naively showing the youth this back masking , and how to find it .

Never affected my faith , just my curiosity , now I see these " devil worshippers" on their t.v reality shows , hardly the devil worshippers .

fstopper
Apprentice

Post #31

Post by fstopper »

[Replying to help3434]

The advertising industry thinks that subliminal messages affect people because they spend large sums of money on it, and backwards masking is a form of subliminal messages.

fstopper
Apprentice

Post #32

Post by fstopper »

Faithful One wrote: [Replying to post 28 by fstopper]

Seems ozzy had a message for him also. Surely not hidden. When you are fourteen and they have visitors come inform you of these things in the vane of how demonic it is , you get a bit scared, or an eerie feeling I should say. The hilarious part of this was that it was meant to scare us away from doing it , but actually made me and my friend check it out some more and we did. The musicians in many cases did this on purpose , I would imagine more for promotion of their album thank or satan.
OZZY OSBOURNE LYRICS

Play the Ozzy Osbourne Quiz
"Mr. Crowley"

[Daisley - Osbourne - Rhoads]

Mr. Crowley, what went on in your head?
Oh, Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead?
Your life style to me seemed so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all the people with magic
Yeah, you waited on Satan's call

Mr. Charming, did you think you were pure?
Mr. Alarming, in nocturnal rapport
Uncovering things that were sacred
Manifest on this Earth
Conceived in the eye of a secret
And they scattered the afterbirth

Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse?
Mr. Crowley, it's symbolic, of course
Approaching a time that is classic
I hear that maidens call
Approaching a time that is drastic
Standing with their backs to the wall

Was it polemically sent
l want to know what you meant
I want to know, I want to know what you meant, yeah
Here ozzy queries Crowley as we do. Rumor has it that it was allister Crowley standing on top of the hotel on the album cover of the Eagles hotel California.

This automatic writing sounds interesting, but I highly doubt it to be real , should you write down knowledge that you never previously had then it could be plausible, to believe in this automatic writing .

excellent response .

Well, after rechecking it was Anton Lavey a satanist, not Crowley but the reality was it was a " shadowy " figure of a woman.

There is a church of satan registered under the name hotel California, in California .
Crowley also promoted backwards messages according to the source i checked.
Crowley was also admired by the Beatles as he is pictured on tier sgt.pepper. Album cover, standing behind them on what they say is tier wall of heroes.
Also,i don't know of backwards masking on Eagles albums but "hotel California" is about a hotel that a Satanist organization bought to be used as tier headquarters, it is on "California drive".
A number of musicians have admitted to automatic writing, John Lennon being one, but, of course i wasn't there so i can't vouch for the truth of it, but it seems that writing a song frontwords would be difficult enough without having backwards messages as well.

Ancient of Years
Guru

Post #33

Post by Ancient of Years »

Faithful One wrote: [Replying to post 5 by tam]

un·der·tone
ˈəndərˌt�n/
noun
plural noun: undertones
a subdued or muted tone of sound or color.
"they were talking in undertones"

The back masking itself contained subdued messages, or were subdued messages, even forward in some versions.

eg. Led Zeppelin, stairway to heaven .

"If there's a bustle in your hedge row, don't be alarmed though. It's just a sprinkling for the may queen."

Can you figure this one out ?
Not 'sprinkling'. It is 'spring clean'. Spring cleaning is getting rid of the old stuff . The May Queen celebrates renewal.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now,
It's just a spring clean for the May queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

It's a new world, choose your path wisely. Hey, it was 1971. :D
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake