Experiences of Back Masking

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Faithful One
Guru

Experiences of Back Masking

Post #1

Post by Faithful One »

Backmasking is a recording technique in which a sound or message is recorded backward onto a track that is meant to be played forward. Backmasking is a deliberate process, whereas a message found through phonetic reversal may be unintentional.

This technique was used on many vinyl records going as far back as the Beatles , with the " number nine" repeated over and over , if you ran the track backwards .

My personal reaction when I heard the first ones was very eerie and spooky.

1. Did any of you who experienced this feel this same way ?
2. Many had satanic , or devil worshipping undertones , even outright ones , do you think this was mostly to sell records , or were these mainly metal groups , actually worshipping the devil .
3. Share a personal experience and or, give examples of the one you first heard .

The time I first heard of this ironically was at church , ( many moons ago) as these people were traveling from church to church showing the " evilness " of it , the presentation was cool , and shown to the youth groups. This was an eerie experience. The irony of it all is that we had never heard of this , so it made me dive into it more , having the opposite effect , as they were going from church to church , naively showing the youth this back masking , and how to find it .

Never affected my faith , just my curiosity , now I see these " devil worshippers" on their t.v reality shows , hardly the devil worshippers .

help3434
Guru

Re: Experiences of Back Masking

Post #21

Post by help3434 »

Faithful One wrote: [Replying to post 19 by help3434]

No sir . These are plain as day. The led Zeppelin song stair way to heaven, leans to devil worship even with the forward verses.

Prince was obvious , not really hidden.

Queens state over and over, very clearly , " I want to smoke marijuanna ".

Very intentional.
That is your perception. I don't think listening to Stairway to Heaven says anything intelligible backwards unless your really listening to interpret it that way. Do you really think that way the bands sang in a certain way so that there would be messages if you play it backwards? Even if it did, how would that lead to devil worship? I have listened to Stairway to Heaven many times and I have never been the slightest inclined towards devil worship.

Faithful One
Guru

Post #22

Post by Faithful One »

[Replying to post 21 by help3434]

This is the verse played backwards that speaks of satan. This verse forward also has satanic overtones ,

Job is protected from Satan by a hedgerow in the bible, the mayqieen is head of the wicken in many festivals.

"If there's a bustle in your hedgerow , don't be alarmed though, it's just a sprinkling for the Mayqueen , yes there are two paths you can go by in the long run , but there's still time to change the road you're on,"

Pretty self explanatory.

Here is the One from queen ...

help3434
Guru

Post #23

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to post 22 by Faithful One]

When you play something backwards there will sometimes be audio that sounds like words. It isn't done on purpose, that is just how audio works. It is hardly self explanatory when you have to explain it. If a hedgerow protects people from the devil then how is singing about it promoting the devil?

Faithful One
Guru

Post #24

Post by Faithful One »

[Replying to post 23 by help3434]

If there's a bussel in your hedgerow , don't be alarmed though.

Who do you think is doing the busseling sir ? This is a direct analogy to job , protected by the hedgerow, from Satan . The correlation is obvious.

Faithful One
Guru

Post #25

Post by Faithful One »

[Replying to post 23 by help3434]

The point it is making is not to be scared of Stan and let him in . "There's still time to change the road you're on".

Quite obvious ,,when you break it down , although it's purpose was not to be obvious,

help3434
Guru

Post #26

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to Faithful One]

Why should I be scared of someone named Stan?

Faithful One
Guru

Post #27

Post by Faithful One »

[Replying to post 26 by help3434]

�

Because Stan is evil! Hehehe.

He's bustling in your hedgerow as we speak.👻

fstopper
Apprentice

Post #28

Post by fstopper »

I believe it was Aliester Crowley (a high profile Satanist)who first promoted putting backwards messages in music to communicate satanic messages to the masses.This is consistent with the habit of displaying things like upside down crosses or other images to mock Christ.Whether these subliminal messages have any effect is still up in the air,i think but if Satanists use them then chances are they have some effect, at least on some people.
It seems unlikely that the musician intentionally recorded it that way, although it is possible some did,(as in the pink Floyd example) but that Satan has influenced the artist to write songs in such a way as to include the message when played backwards.This theory is strengthened by the fact that many musicians have admitted to a phenomenon known as automatic writing, where a force seems to take over write music and/or lyrics for them.Crowley would not take credit for the books he wrote claiming they were the result of automatic writing.

help3434
Guru

Post #29

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to fstopper]
But there is no evidence that backward messages can influence people, so there would be no point for Satan to influence people to put them in songs. If Satan was even real that is.

Faithful One
Guru

Post #30

Post by Faithful One »

[Replying to post 28 by fstopper]

Seems ozzy had a message for him also. Surely not hidden. When you are fourteen and they have visitors come inform you of these things in the vane of how demonic it is , you get a bit scared, or an eerie feeling I should say. The hilarious part of this was that it was meant to scare us away from doing it , but actually made me and my friend check it out some more and we did. The musicians in many cases did this on purpose , I would imagine more for promotion of their album thank or satan.
OZZY OSBOURNE LYRICS

Play the Ozzy Osbourne Quiz
"Mr. Crowley"

[Daisley - Osbourne - Rhoads]

Mr. Crowley, what went on in your head?
Oh, Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead?
Your life style to me seemed so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all the people with magic
Yeah, you waited on Satan's call

Mr. Charming, did you think you were pure?
Mr. Alarming, in nocturnal rapport
Uncovering things that were sacred
Manifest on this Earth
Conceived in the eye of a secret
And they scattered the afterbirth

Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse?
Mr. Crowley, it's symbolic, of course
Approaching a time that is classic
I hear that maidens call
Approaching a time that is drastic
Standing with their backs to the wall

Was it polemically sent
l want to know what you meant
I want to know, I want to know what you meant, yeah
Here ozzy queries Crowley as we do. Rumor has it that it was allister Crowley standing on top of the hotel on the album cover of the Eagles hotel California.

This automatic writing sounds interesting, but I highly doubt it to be real , should you write down knowledge that you never previously had then it could be plausible, to believe in this automatic writing .

excellent response .

Well, after rechecking it was Anton Lavey a satanist, not Crowley but the reality was it was a " shadowy " figure of a woman.

There is a church of satan registered under the name hotel California, in California .