First Jehovah's Witness TV Channel

Religion in TV, Movies, Books, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

First Jehovah's Witness TV Channel

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

More than "entertainment", the first Jehovah's Witness TV Channel will provide a counterpoint to the overwhelming preponderance of Non-witness programming aired on dozens of TV channels.

JW Broadcasting :

In partnership with internet-streaming service Roku, which offers devices similar to cable boxes to bring hundreds of channels of content to your TV, JWB will bring together dozens bible based content to anyone with the internet.

So, what do you folks think about this development?

JW

INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Re: First Jehovah's Witness TV Channel

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
So, what do you folks think about this development?
Roku is great. I've been using it for about a year now. My favorite aspect of it is the ability to watch YouTube on TV rather than my laptop. I especially enjoy videos by great scientific thinkers like Richard Dawkins, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Laurence Kraus. Given that I don't have a scientific background, some of what they talk about is beyond me, but Neil deGrasse Tyson in particular has a knack of describing complex concepts in an easily understandable manner. Richard Dawkins addresses religious claims directly more than the others.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #3

[Replying to post 2 by Tcg]

yes.

Of course I realize that it will mainly be of interest to bible believing Christians, but I do appreciate being able to watch christian based movies and interviews, as well as get international news about my spiritual brothers and sisters.

JEHOVAHS WITNESS

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 3 by JehovahsWitness]

That of course depends on how you define "bible believing Christians". Most "bible believing Christians" I know would never even consider watching this channel. You of course will define "bible believing Christians" as those who would.

In either case, I suspect only Jehovah's Witnesses will bother to watch it. Great for them. I'll watch shows that represent a much broader understanding of reality.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #5

Tcg wrote: In either case, I suspect only Jehovah's Witnesses will bother to watch it. Great for them.

Yes it is, mind you I sometimes pop by the Mormon Channel so you never know. It's nice to have a channel that is directed to us though and I'm sure there are some non-witnesses that have tuned in.

JW