Would you prefer evil or stupid or ignorant?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Would you prefer evil or stupid or ignorant?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Which is worse an evil person or a stupid person? Or an ignorant person?

Try to focus on evil vs stupid.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

amortalman
Site Supporter

Re: Would you prefer evil or stupid or ignorant?

Post #2

Post by amortalman »

Wootah wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:35 pm Which is worse an evil person or a stupid person? Or an ignorant person?

Try to focus on evil vs stupid.
An evil person. I would be interested to learn how you came to compare the two in the first place.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to Wootah in post #1]

All 3 are biconditional. Evil ≡ stupid ≡ ignorant, they follow one another. They are impossible to separate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_biconditional, wiki, biconditional.

Against ignorant, Elie Wiesel.
Against evil, the Bible.
Against stupid, everybody/science. "You're so stupid because you're evil!"
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Wootah
Savant

Post #4

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to amortalman in post #2]

Australian elections, which mirrors most western countries, with left and right politics. I think the right is evil and the left is stupid in general terms.

In more general terms I think the stupid person will do things because they think they are good and the evil person is generally better because they are usually small-scale in their effects and desires. A dictator for instance generally just wants to hold onto power, they aren't expansionist list an idealist might be.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Purple Knight »

I prefer the evil person, but only if they are unapologetically evil. If they want to use the facade of good to be evil I will take the stupid person bashing me over the head with a mallet every 5 seconds because he doesn't know any better, because even if he splats out my brains that hurts less than a moral denouncement.

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by amortalman »

Wootah wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:45 am [Replying to amortalman in post #2]

Australian elections, which mirrors most western countries, with left and right politics. I think the right is evil and the left is stupid in general terms.

In more general terms I think the stupid person will do things because they think they are good and the evil person is generally better because they are usually small-scale in their effects and desires. A dictator for instance generally just wants to hold onto power, they aren't expansionist list an idealist might be.
Thanks for narrowing the question down to politics, at least. Unless some reliable, unbiased, expensive, extensive, and I think unnecessary studies are done I don't see how one can arrive at your conclusions, or anyone's conclusions, even in a general sense. You certainly have a right to your opinions, of course, but they are totally subjective.

Wootah
Savant

Post #7

Post by Wootah »

amortalman wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:51 pm
Wootah wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:45 am [Replying to amortalman in post #2]

Thanks for narrowing the question down to politics, at least. Unless some reliable, unbiased, expensive, extensive, and I think unnecessary studies are done I don't see how one can arrive at your conclusions, or anyone's conclusions, even in a general sense. You certainly have a right to your opinions, of course, but they are totally subjective.
Yeah, it's more of a discussion question in the philosophy forum. Would you prefer an evil serial killer murdering one person a week a stupid good person enabling legislation to abort millions of babies?

Wootah
Savant

Post #8

Post by Wootah »

Purple Knight wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:55 pm I prefer the evil person, but only if they are unapologetically evil. If they want to use the facade of good to be evil I will take the stupid person bashing me over the head with a mallet every 5 seconds because he doesn't know any better, because even if he splats out my brains that hurts less than a moral denouncement.
Getting bashed on the head by a stupid person is a moral denouncement.

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by amortalman »

[Replying to Wootah in post #7]

Wootah wrote: "Would you prefer an evil serial killer murdering one person a week a stupid good person enabling legislation to abort millions of babies?"

Neither. I find both suppositions morally wrong. But if pressed I would say the serial killer for these reasons:

1. Serial killers eventually get caught, incarcerated, too old and feeble to continue killing, or die.

2. Unborn babies have no fighting chance.

otseng
Savant

Post #10

Post by otseng »

Wootah wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:45 am Australian elections, which mirrors most western countries, with left and right politics. I think the right is evil and the left is stupid in general terms.
Moderator Comment

Not sure if this is even possible in this thread, but please avoid specifying who you think is evil or stupid or ignorant.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.