Is there an afterlife for a person that has been frozen?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Is there an afterlife for a person that has been frozen?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Suppose science is able to freeze (cryopreserve) a human and later in time unfreeze that person. Since a frozen person is not technically dead (since he can be brought back to life), what happens to that person's soul while he is frozen? Will that person have an afterlife if he is permanently left in a frozen condition?

mikspe7

Post #11

Post by mikspe7 »

First of all, I think this is a really good question.
Before we start debating on whether or not this frozen person is actually dead or not, let me say that we could define many different ways to classify someone as being "dead" but they would all be irrelivent. The only definition that would matter is how god defines "dead"(assuming there is a god and people do have souls).

For the question, I would think that if someone was frozen and eventually brought back to life, god would have foreseen this and therefore their soul would remain in some sort of "limbo". If a frozen person is never brought back, god also would foresee this and there soul would be able to continue to the afterlife. Again, this is assuming that god does exist and people do have souls.

Angry McFurious
Student

Post #12

Post by Angry McFurious »

It's never really been proven to work (to my knowledge)... I mean have they ever unthawed someone and they lived?