Is it still Panentheism?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

darthbarracuda
Student

Is it still Panentheism?

Post #1

Post by darthbarracuda »

Is it still Panentheism if the divine penetrates everything but is a separate entity?

So the universe is not literally part of the divine? Like you could think of it as the blood of a human. The blood is everywhere within the body but is still a separate thing.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Is it still Panentheism?

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

darthbarracuda wrote: Is it still Panentheism if the divine penetrates everything but is a separate entity?

So the universe is not literally part of the divine? Like you could think of it as the blood of a human. The blood is everywhere within the body but is still a separate thing.
How is blood a separate thing? Can a human live without blood?

Reductionism is a false illusion to begin with.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Reverend Richard
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Reverend Richard »

darthbarracuda wrote: Is it still Panentheism if the divine penetrates everything but is a separate entity?

The question seems to harken back to the standard mind-body problem, and with consciousness. Is the Universe self-aware? If so, could that be what we might describe as divine?

Ishq

Post #4

Post by Ishq »

[Replying to darthbarracuda]

I'd say that no, that is not Panentheism. With Panentheism, there is no separation between the Divine and any of Creation. A Panentheism will experience the seen and unseen is whole, united and One. Everywhere they look, there God is.

My first posting here.

Talishi
Guru

Post #5

Post by Talishi »

Reverend Richard wrote: The question seems to harken back to the standard mind-body problem, and with consciousness. Is the Universe self-aware? If so, could that be what we might describe as divine?
The universe is indeed self-aware. I'm a native part of the universe, and I'm looking back at it.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!