Was Primordial man Conscious?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

mickiel
Guru

Was Primordial man Conscious?

Post #1

Post by mickiel »

I often wonder if Primordial man even was conscious as we are conscious? I keep coming up with no! Is it possible for a whole race of humans to exist and not be conscious? I think so. Primordial man certainly had very high instincts and that is why they survived for so long; but why did they stay stagnate for so long? Never became civilized. I think because they were not conscious, as we are conscious.

They certainly were not civilized.

The signs of consciousness and civilization, ( and I think consciousness is what led to civilization), are as follows;

Education
Transportation
Language
Math
War
Religion
Agriculture
Building
Sports
technology
culture
And so on. Primordial man never displayed any of these in advanced stages; they were more animal like than I think is reported. They really did not evolve much at all in any of those areas.

And not being conscious beings would explain why.

mickiel
Guru

Post #441

Post by mickiel »

Danmark wrote:
mickiel wrote:
Danmark wrote:
mickiel wrote: [Replying to dio9]

I think so yes. Consciousness defines us.
That's another thing you have not defined properly. Without operational definitions about what it is you are promoting, this entire discussion becomes meaningless.

"Science leaders have reached a critical consensus: Humans are not the only conscious beings; other animals, specifically mammals and birds, are indeed conscious, too."
http://tinyurl.com/pkw2o6k from Psychology Today

Since your entire claim is that only modern humans are conscious, your thesis fails miserably.

Its not a thesis, its a theory; and this thread has been quite successful , in my view; it has grown at an incredible rate. It draws much interest, just not in your view. If I, I mean me personally, thought a thread was a waste of time, I would not bother posting on it. So when people post on this thread, and call it a waste of time, I always wonder why then are they posting on it?? So its transparent, and I see through it ; I don't know why this is attempted; some people just like to call things a failure. Things that are obviously unique. The theory I have is unique, as is this thread.
This is at least the second time you've tried to justify your absurd contention which has undefined terms and zero evidence to support it, by citing the many posts which have refuted it. Numbers of responses means nothing except that you continue to repeat your line and others continue to refute it with actual evidence.
It would be more effective to actually cite evidence for your claim, rather than point to the number of posts.

I gave attention to the number of views, over 20,000, not replies, although that number is high as well. There are two things here; you are trying to discredit the thread, and I support the thread; two obvious different points of view. I have given my evidence over and over again, and will continue to do so; and you will continue to ignore it, because it does not suit your purpose.

My theory is that primordial humans were not conscious, as we are conscious, and it explains why the bible calls Adam the first man, when he was not the first man; he was the first man given full consciousness. And this has been nothing short of eye opening to me and my learning.

mickiel
Guru

Post #442

Post by mickiel »

I doubt that humans survived the Ice Age:

http://www.andhranews.net/Technology/20 ... -26918.asp

So the biblical narrative begins after the Ice Age and explains how man came to be conscious. A conscious creator gave us consciousness , and I doubt he did that for Neanderthals, they could not make warm enough clothing to survive such a torrent of cold.

mickiel
Guru

Post #443

Post by mickiel »

I think its possible that Primordial man had an " Unconscious mind"; an unconscious mind can influence conscious action; its like having awareness in the form of dreams, this is discussed by Sigmon Freud, some of it here:

http://psychology.about.com/od/cindex/g ... scious.htm.

An interesting theory Freud gave. If the link does not work, click on the letter C at the site and look under Consciousness.

mickiel
Guru

Post #444

Post by mickiel »

Neatras
Guru

Post #445

Post by Neatras »

This is a debate forum, not a center for monologues. In the worst case scenario, I suggest you try and pick out some choice claims in the bodies of text you link to, and proceed to try and rally up some kind of discussion-based questions.

mickiel
Guru

Post #446

Post by mickiel »

Neatras wrote: This is a debate forum, not a center for monologues. In the worst case scenario, I suggest you try and pick out some choice claims in the bodies of text you link to, and proceed to try and rally up some kind of discussion-based questions.

This is illusion, I have been debating this on thread for a year and a half almost; discussing it almost everyday; look at the replies, I am not doing a monologue. Come on man , at least be honest.

Neatras
Guru

Post #447

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 446 by mickiel]

It's been a week, and you've done little more than making one-line posts and linking to outside sources.

What's more, you repeat claims that HAVE been contested, as if ignoring the conversations relating to consciousness prior. Your constructed idea of what consciousness is likely won't be adjusted unless you are willing to challenge your own ideas rather than repeat them to thin air over the course of a week. We call those echo chambers.

mickiel
Guru

Post #448

Post by mickiel »

Neatras wrote: [Replying to post 446 by mickiel]

It's been a week, and you've done little more than making one-line posts and linking to outside sources.

What's more, you repeat claims that HAVE been contested, as if ignoring the conversations relating to consciousness prior. Your constructed idea of what consciousness is likely won't be adjusted unless you are willing to challenge your own ideas rather than repeat them to thin air over the course of a week. We call those echo chambers.

You call a year and a half, the course of a week; I have contested every line given to me; what is your beef? Come out with it, or belittle the thread, the choice is yours. I STAND READY TO DEFEND. I challenge my ideas every day. I link to outside sources to show whats out there; show me why I should not do that.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #449

Post by Danmark »

mickiel wrote: My theory is that primordial humans were not conscious, as we are conscious, and it explains why the bible calls Adam the first man, when he was not the first man; he was the first man given full consciousness.
That says it all. The Bible was wrong in saying Adam was the first man. On that we agree. But just making up a theory, an unfounded one at that, does not rescue the Bible from its false statement. Additionally, the Bible does not say there were men before Adam, even those with less than what you call "full consciousness."

Elijah John
Savant

Post #450

Post by Elijah John »

Moderator Comment

A little more comment with your link, and you would have avoided this comment. As it stands, this is little more than a "one-liner" and does not really advance the debate.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.