Was Primordial man Conscious?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

mickiel
Guru

Was Primordial man Conscious?

Post #1

Post by mickiel »

I often wonder if Primordial man even was conscious as we are conscious? I keep coming up with no! Is it possible for a whole race of humans to exist and not be conscious? I think so. Primordial man certainly had very high instincts and that is why they survived for so long; but why did they stay stagnate for so long? Never became civilized. I think because they were not conscious, as we are conscious.

They certainly were not civilized.

The signs of consciousness and civilization, ( and I think consciousness is what led to civilization), are as follows;

Education
Transportation
Language
Math
War
Religion
Agriculture
Building
Sports
technology
culture
And so on. Primordial man never displayed any of these in advanced stages; they were more animal like than I think is reported. They really did not evolve much at all in any of those areas.

And not being conscious beings would explain why.

mickiel
Guru

Post #451

Post by mickiel »

Danmark wrote:
mickiel wrote: My theory is that primordial humans were not conscious, as we are conscious, and it explains why the bible calls Adam the first man, when he was not the first man; he was the first man given full consciousness.
That says it all. The Bible was wrong in saying Adam was the first man. On that we agree. But just making up a theory, an unfounded one at that, does not rescue the Bible from its false statement. Additionally, the Bible does not say there were men before Adam, even those with less than what you call "full consciousness."

The bible was not wrong, its just misunderstood. You have to study it and look in more than one verse. It meant that Adam was the first man with consciousness , the first human to be given a strong spirit. And this is one reason why I think all humans before him, did not have what Adam had; and after Adam, civilization was born. Humanity took an incredible leap after Adam, BECAUSE of Consciousness.

It had to be consciousness , not long after Adam Egypt exploded with civilization.

Its WHY Primordial man NEVER exploded with civilization; as incredible as it may be, they were not conscious humans , they were unconscious, walking around on automatic pilot , doing things by using very high instincts.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #452

Post by OnceConvinced »

mickiel wrote: . I have given my evidence over and over again, and will continue to do so; and you will continue to ignore it, because it does not suit your purpose.

Moderator Comment

Please avoid making such personal accusations towards another member.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

puddleglum
Sage

Post #453

Post by puddleglum »

I'm not sure which kinds of men you consider primordial but Neanderthals were clearly conscious and intelligent.

https://answersingenesis.org/human-evol ... zed-homes/
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

mickiel
Guru

Post #454

Post by mickiel »

puddleglum wrote: I'm not sure which kinds of men you consider primordial but Neanderthals were clearly conscious and intelligent.

https://answersingenesis.org/human-evol ... zed-homes/

Interesting article , but I don't think heating stones and boiling water is a big sign of consciousness, I think unconscious humans with high instinct can do that.

dio9
Under Probation

Post #455

Post by dio9 »

Of course they were conscious everything is conscious to some degree, When Jesus said the very rocks are conscious of him as a son of God and will rise up and sing when he passes. Chimpanzees are conscious too, there is only a 2% difference in genetic makeup between us. I know we are but I don't know if they are self conscious, Have you ever seen a shy chimp?

mickiel
Guru

Post #456

Post by mickiel »

dio9 wrote: Of course they were conscious everything is conscious to some degree, When Jesus said the very rocks are conscious of him as a son of God and will rise up and sing when he passes. Chimpanzees are conscious too, there is only a 2% difference in genetic makeup between us. I know we are but I don't know if they are self conscious, Have you ever seen a shy chimp?

Could you show me where Jesus said rocks are conscious?

dio9
Under Probation

Post #457

Post by dio9 »

[Replying to mickiel]

Matthew 3:9
Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our ancestor’; for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children to Abraham.

mickiel
Guru

Post #458

Post by mickiel »

dio9 wrote: [Replying to mickiel]

Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our ancestor’; for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children to Abraham.

This verse does not say stones are conscious?

Ancient of Years
Guru

Post #459

Post by Ancient of Years »

mickiel wrote:

I believe the verse originally intended may have been in Luke 19
Luke 19

37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:

38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!�
“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!�
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!�

40 “I tell you,� he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.�
It would seem to be hyperbole rather than a statement that stones are literally conscious
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake

mickiel
Guru

Post #460

Post by mickiel »

Ancient of Years wrote:
mickiel wrote:

I believe the verse originally intended may have been in Luke 19
Luke 19

37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:

38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!�
“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!�
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!�

40 “I tell you,� he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.�
It would seem to be hyperbole rather than a statement that stones are literally conscious

I agree, its hyperbole; stones are not conscious.