Moderator: Moderators

Pavel1972
Under Suspension

How Much Does God Love Himself And Us?

Post #1

Post by Pavel1972 »

There is an article that I have written about the self-love of (Super)God:

http://www.pavelkastl.spm/reading/self-love.spm

Do you think that he loves himself much? Do you think that he loves himself more than us people?

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: How Much Does God Love Himself And Us?

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Hi Pavel,

That was an interesting article you wrote. I tend to agree with much of what you say, although it's obviously not clear exactly how "supergod" divides itself up to become our individual experiences. And I agree with your disclaimer at the end that all our views on this can only amount to personal pondering and imagination.

With that in mind I would like to share some of my personal pondering on these questions. But I'll answer your questions in reverse of the order you had asked them.

Do you think that he loves himself more than us people?

I don't think there's really any difference. I believe that we are an expression of "supergod" as you have basically suggested. And so even though we feel like we are individual and separate egotistical entities from supergod in reality we aren't.

What we most likely are is simply egoistical perspectives through which this supergod experiences physical incarnation. Are egos falling in love with themselves is really just supergod itself falling in love with a particular experience.

And whether this is true love or not of course depends solely on whether supergod genuinely loves a particular perspective (ego) or whether that perspective (ego) just thinks that it loves itself. There is a difference, and this difference can be addressed in technical and philosophical terms. In fact, for many Eastern Mystical religions focusing precisely on that specific issue is at the heart of what they call "enlightenment" or "salvation" etc.

In any case, that's a very deep topic and I won't bother to elaborate on it further. The main point to take away from all of this is that in this paradigm supergod is actually the ultimate foundational being within each and every one of us.

And this brings us naturally to the second question:

Do you think that he loves himself much?

In the above paradigm supergod is all that truly exists. Therefore to ask whether supergod loves us as individuals more or less than it loves itself is a meaningless question.

Of course, if we think of ourselves as actually being our egos, then the question can have meaning. But in the mystical view there are no actual egos. Ego is just an illusion. So egos do not equate to individual "souls" that are separate from supergod.

So really supergod is all that exists. And therefore it necessarily loves each and every one of us every bit as much as loves itself. But it may not love ever ego. But egos aren't real entities anyway so that's a moot point.

Now the question may come up, "So why does supergod allow us to suffer?"

Why would supergod allow itself to suffer? If supergod is ultimately us, and we are ultimately supergod, then why do we experience suffering?

Well, the answer to this riddle is given as follows:

Supegod decided before physical incarnation was even created just how much pain and suffering it is willing to tolerate. It built into physical creation safeguards to protect against degrees of suffering that are actually intolerable.

We see this on a physical level in the phenomenon what we call "shock". People who are severely damaged in physical ways will only experience so much pain before their body reacts to shut off the pain by going into a state of shock. A stated of numbness. A state of psychological detachment from the body, or even passing out altogether. A state of severe delusion and disorientation to distract from the physical pain.

In other words supergod never suffers anymore than supergod is willing to suffer.

"Why suffer at all?", you may ask? Well life and incarnation are simply far more exciting and fun when there is risk and danger involved. Without risk and danger life would be utterly boring. So this is a necessary trade-off. If supergod wants to experience the excitement of achievement and the agony of failure there must be something to risk. Without something to risk the idea of achievement and failure are impossible.

So the risk of suffering is a necessary "evil" to make the bliss of achievement possible. The greater the potential for suffering the greater the potential for bliss of achievement.

So this is why suffering is a part of life. But no one ever suffers anymore than supergod is willing to tolerate. And ultimately it truly is supergod who is experiencing this suffering.

Emotional suffering is an entirely different thing. Emotional suffering is caused entirely from a choice of perspective. Most emotional suffering doesn't even exist outside of this choice to suffer.

If you lose a loved one what was lost from the perspective of supergod? Nothing.

From the perspective of supergod death is meaningless. It's not real.

So almost all emotional pain and agony is nothing more than illusion. There is no need to build in any fail-safe system of shock for emotional suffering because supergod is never going to suffer emotionally anymore than supergod is willing to suffer emotionally. Emotional suffering is entirely free choice.

So supergod loves every single one of us every bit as much as it loves itself because it is us, and we are it. There is no difference. Everything that we experience, from our greatest bliss, to our greatest suffering supergod experiences right with us because we are a manifestation of supergod.

There is no separation between us and supergod.

We are the supergod experiencing being us.

Many people do not like this view. They would prefer that supergod is a totally separate entity from them and that supergod had "his" own ego, and they have theirs.

But ironically this actually requires that they to are a supergod in their own right. They would need to be a totally separate egotistical entity from supergod in order for that to be true.

But if they are totally separate from supergod then what would that make them? :-k

They would need to be a supergod in their own right as well.

So the idea that we are all just manifestation of a supergod actually makes far more sense. And once we realize this then clearly supergod necessarily loves each and every one of us exactly as much as it loves itself.

Because we are it. Tat t'vam asi.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by ttruscott »

Pavel1972 wrote: There is an article that I have written about the self-love of (Super)God:

http://www.pavelkastl.cz/reading/self-love.htm

Do you think that he loves himself much? Do you think that he loves himself more than us people?
The Christian definition of GOD as the UNITY of Three Divine Persons, might help this discussion along... as implying there was never any self love involved as [GOD is] ONE might suggest, only love between divine equals.

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

ttruscott wrote:
Pavel1972 wrote: There is an article that I have written about the self-love of (Super)God:

The Christian definition of GOD as the UNITY of Three Divine Persons, might help this discussion along... as implying there was never any self love involved as [GOD is] ONE might suggest, only love between divine equals.

Peace, Ted
Let me see if I understand you right.

You seem to be suggesting that Christianity represents a polytheistic trinity for the purpose of avoiding having a single egotistical God who is in love with himself.

Is that correct? :-k
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Pavel1972
Under Suspension

Post #5

Post by Pavel1972 »

Divine Insight wrote:Now the question may come up, "So why does supergod allow us to suffer?"
Because of the transformation of the allmatter in this Supergodly Ball. The suffering of all the artificially-created subjects is an irreplaceable source of energy, which is a matter, too (energy in fact does not exist since it is matter).

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by ttruscott »

Divine Insight wrote:
ttruscott wrote:

Peace, Ted
Let me see if I understand you right.

You seem to be suggesting that Christianity represents a polytheistic trinity for the purpose of avoiding having a single egotistical God who is in love with himself.

Is that correct? :-k
Nope. Not at all. Nein. Of course...

The truth as Christians accept it, is that GOD is Triune, three persons in a Divine Unity, and that fact puts the lie to pagan speculations and innuendo that our use of the singular in reference to HIM implies a single egotistical god eternally in love with himself...

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Pavel1972
Under Suspension

Post #7

Post by Pavel1972 »

You know, number 3 has a special meaning to Hellish people who rule the world. And because their influence upon the world's greatest religions was very big, who know if they do not take the Holy Trinity as some secret indication of their kind, too (I meant that it can give them such a meaning).

Talishi
Guru

Post #8

Post by Talishi »

Pavel1972 wrote: You know, number 3 has a special meaning to Hellish people who rule the world. And because their influence upon the world's greatest religions was very big, who know if they do not take the Holy Trinity as some secret indication of their kind, too (I meant that it can give them such a meaning).
Have you ever heard of the Three Body Problem?

The future of one body or two bodies can be calculated indefinitely into the future. But when three bodies interact, gravitationally, the complexity grows to the point where no general solution is possible. You can only approximate the solution numerically, and errors creep in over time as the simulation continues. There is something about moving from two to three that makes complexity go off the chart.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!