Faith and Belief... Whats the difference (if any)?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

SkyChief
Apprentice

Faith and Belief... Whats the difference (if any)?

Post #1

Post by SkyChief »

In these interviews, the distinction between Faith and Belief and Rationality is discussed. Clearly, these terms are NOT synonymous, yet many folks seem quite comfortable substituting one for the other.

Before commenting, please review these 9 interviews:
[/url]https://www.closertotruth.com/series/re ... n[url]They are relatively short; you can view all of them in under an hour.

Not very much drama here, but somewhat enlightening. Two of these interviews make a lot of sense to me.

Tell us where you stand. I hand it over to you guys :pope: The link failed. sorry. What a bleeding mess.

Plumbus Grumbo
Apprentice

Re: Faith and Belief... Whats the difference (if any)?

Post #21

Post by Plumbus Grumbo »

i777 wrote: [Replying to post 1 by SkyChief]

Faith is a word that was used to describe the voice of God speaking directly in the mind of a prophet. So Adam was the first to experience faith but ever since he stopped listening to the voice of God and listened to the voices of the images instead, Adam lost faith in God to become spiritually dead.
That's what you say.

When a faithful prophet spoke for God, some men believed those words were coming from God but most did not. Those who did not believe the prophets were speaking for God because of their faith are called heathens. Those heathens killed the prophets because of their disbelief.
Exactlyi like Hebrews four thousand years ago slaughtered Cananite towns. Men, women, children, and animals. :)

I hope this clears up the difference between faith and belief. Faith is knowing God and belief is something that happens to those who listen to the prophets who know God.
Yes. I know the nine true gods. No argument or belief or statement can ever change my psychology to follow or consider any false gods or religions that are not or that core truth.