For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

Deep thinking

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

Hello everybody

I have some questions for atheist and theist.

Why do atheist put children into the world?

Nobody wants to be born without legs. Nobody wants a terrible disease. Nobody wants to be murdered.

But all these things happens in this world.

If atheist say that there isn't anything after death, then they are undermining there own ability to put children into the world, because there is nobody (intelligent) who wants to be born into that kind of world.

Have atheist thought about that?

I don´t think Christopher Hitchens (R.I.P.) or Richard Dawkins have thought about that...

Now (some) theist also have a problem, because why do they put children into the world, if God is sending them to a eternal hell?

I think the christian worldview is very strange, because if I put 10 children into the world, then God will send 9 of them to a eternal hell.

Very strange and not a good reason for me to put 10 children into the world.

Maybe I only should put one child into the world...but then I won't be doing Gods will...because God needs 10 children...because 9 have to go to a eternal hell...because that is what the good book say...well...what shall I do?

If I only put 1 child into the world then I destroy this book...because this book is based on me putting many children into the world.

Isn't it?

In fact we could blow the world apart today and the book would have failed completely...but why should we blow the world apart...just to prove a point.

That would be insane...but then again...we are going to die anyway...so why not go out whit a big bang...and stop the madness on earth.

Why do we keep on putting children into the world? Don´t we know the price for that action? How many children will suffer? Are we willing to pay the price for a day more on earth? Who are selling life? Who are buying life?

Do you wanner be born into a world where there is no heaven...where there is no place to put your dead parents? Your dead wife/hosbond...Your dead children...Your dead friends...Yourself.

Don´t we have a good reason to talk about a soul?

Maybe people like Putin don´t have a good reason to talk about a soul...maybe a soul is a scaring thought for them...because they have a lot to answar for.

So there are also a good reason not to talk about a soul...

But here we all should remember that God have a great plan for us all.

Maybe Putin haven´t heard about the great plan...justice...compassion...understanding...forgivenes...love...development...reincarnation.

Lets talk about reincarnation...because I don´t think we have got this right...are the soul created? How many souls are there? How many bodies are there? Are there more souls than bodies?

Now we are back to some kind of strange thinking...because every time there is created a body...then a soul have to fall down from heaven...and so we are in control of that fall...because we can stop putting bodies into the world.

Do the soul fall down from heaven or do it chose to come down from heaven or do it start from earth and then is on a road to heaven? Or? Where did Jesus come from? Heaven? Where did Hitler come from? Hell?

A thought on all this helltalk...because if God (the almighty) have empty the hellworld for resident, then why are we still talking about a hell? Maybe there was a hellworld at one point in time? Maybe it is gone now? Maybe Satan have turn around? Maybe Satan is asking for forgivenes? How great is God?

Who created the human body? Why don´t animals have a soul? When did God connect a soul to the human body? And why? What is the good news? That we have got it all roung? What is the real story about life on earth? Where do we come from? Where are we going? What should we tell our children? See you in heaven? Who is writting the story on earth?

Together we can change the world...but how? What are we going to teach our children? Be a good son/daughter? Well...maybe we should be a good father/mother first?

What kind of world are we putting children into?

Lets say I put 3 women and 6 men on the planet...then I have created a problem for them, because what are they going to do? 1 women and 2 men...is that aloud? What shall they do?

Just thinking out loud...

Here at the end of all this thinking I have to say that my english aint to good, so I hope you will bear with me on this.

And merry christmas to you all

Waterfall
Scholar

Re: Deep thinking

Post #91

Post by Waterfall »

Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 85 by Waterfall]

[center]
Other than what the psychic said, do you have any reason to believe this hypothesis?
Part Two: Astronomers don't use psychics.[/center]

Waterfall wrote:
Are you saying this idea has been investigated? Or is known by them? They are talking about a big bang, so...

I don't think that astronomers get their ideas from psychics.

:)
Well...that is good to hear...then I will not bring that up again ;)

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #92

Post by Divine Insight »

[Replying to post 90 by Waterfall]

The problem with the book you keep pointing to is that both God and Jesus would need to have been totally inept idiots in order for this book you keep pointing to to be required.

So clearly the book has no merit

It really doesn't matter what the book might have to say. Both Jesus and God would have needed to be totally inept fools for this book to be required. That's the problem.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #93

Post by Waterfall »

Divine Insight wrote:
Waterfall wrote:
Lets say we are in heaven and we leave heaven...go down to earth...then we are on our way back to heaven...we are on a journey to heaven...now...if there are many heavens...before we get to heaven...and if we have to develop our spirit through reincarnation...then you can say...the journey to heaven is to hard...you can say...no more incarnations...annihilate me...you can say no to heaven...its not worse the trouble...

My child can´t say why I have put her into the world...that is not for her to say...but I know why...and I know that she can leave the home...go out in the world...get lost in the world...be stock in a place...that she can change...that she can forget...and all that...

If I then send her a letter...don´t do those things...come home...then she can say no or yes...but someday she will return...when all her friends has said yes...what should she else do...be there by herself...alone.

I think the story in the bible about the lost son is better, so...

But that is my understanding.

So we can say that everybody has said yes to heaven...if things are like that...nobody are forced to continue there journey to heaven...and the better we make life here on earth...the easier it becomes for everybody to say yes...
It seems to me then, that according to what you've just described, the ONLY people who are saying "no" to heaven are those who commit suicide. Everyone else is evidently saying "yes".

Is this correct? :-k

Since I haven't committed suicide I must be saying "yes" to heaven.

And apparently I have already said "no" on behave of the many children I have "murdered" before they were ever born by choosing not to procreate. :D
Since you are here you haven´t committed suicide...you can´t destroy yourself...there are only one who can destroy you and that is God...so...you don´t get anything out of taking your own life/body.

With regard to your unborn children...then you can´t kill something that do not exist...

That would be a strange kind of thinking...because then you could say that all the womens are killing your children because they don´t wanner have sex with you ;)

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #94

Post by Divine Insight »

[Replying to post 93 by Waterfall]

So then how is it possible to say "no" to heaven?

You haven't left open any possible way to do that.

Your theology makes no sense.
[center]Image
[/center]

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #95

Post by Waterfall »

Divine Insight wrote: [Replying to post 90 by Waterfall]

The problem with the book you keep pointing to is that both God and Jesus would need to have been totally inept idiots in order for this book you keep pointing to to be required.

It really doesn't matter what the book might have to say. Both Jesus and God would have needed to be totally inept fools for this book to be required. That's the problem.
Well...things take time...and the thougts will spread from human to human...the world is changing...God has not left us alone...so...there are lights out there :D

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #96

Post by Divine Insight »

Waterfall wrote:

Well...things take time...and the thougts will spread from human to human...the world is changing...God has not left us alone...so...there are lights out there :D

What would you need "lights" for? :-k

What is it that you think a person would need to "see"?

If justice is the ultimate goal then shouldn't decent people just automatically go to heaven and nasty people not?

There shouldn't be any need for anything beyond that. Certainly not a book written by a medium who claims to have greater wisdom than Christ.
[center]Image
[/center]

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #97

Post by Waterfall »

Divine Insight wrote: [Replying to post 93 by Waterfall]

So then how is it possible to say "no" to heaven?

You haven't left open any possible way to do that.

Your theology makes no sense.
Why should you say no to heaven...you could say no...but why should you...don´t you wanner live forever...why should you say no...you can say no...but why? Why have you said yes to heaven? Because you think it is worth it? Is it worth it?

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #98

Post by Waterfall »

Divine Insight wrote:
Waterfall wrote:

What would you need "lights" for? :-k

What is it that you think a person would need to "see"?

If justice is the ultimate goal then shouldn't decent people just automatically go to heaven and nasty people not?

There shouldn't be any need for anything beyond that. Certainly not a book written by a medium who claims to have greater wisdom than Christ.
Life is not only about justice but also about love...

With regard to Christ...then Christ is speaking in this book...but you seem to have forgotten about that...so...lets not speak more about this...you have your opinions about things and I have my opinions O:)

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #99

Post by Divine Insight »

Waterfall wrote: Life is not only about justice but also about love...
So? Then loving people go to heaven and those who aren't loving don't.

That was easy enough. :D
Waterfall wrote: With regard to Christ...then Christ is speaking in this book...but you seem to have forgotten about that...so...lets not speak more about this...you have your opinions about things and I have my opinions O:)
So now we have Christ speaking in this book too!

Apparently this is just yet another religious cult based on the Jewish Christ.

I'm not the least bit surprised.

Everyone wants to speak for Christ. This is such a common obsession with many religious fanatics. Everyone wants to claim to speak for God.

It's tiresome.

I'm waiting for humanity as a whole to finally get bored with this silliness. We aren't going to make much progress until we give up clinging to these imaginary ancient demigod myths.

If Christ was worth his salt he should have been able to do what he needed to do the first time. In fact, if Yahweh was worth his salt he should have been able to do what he needed to the first time around as well.

Clearly what we have here is a major failed theology that needs to continually make excuses for why a supposedly omnipotent creator God is so extremely inept that he can never do anything right the first time round.

The theology you are promoting demands that both Yahweh and Jesus are gross failures.
[center]Image
[/center]

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #100

Post by Waterfall »

Divine Insight wrote:
Waterfall wrote: Life is not only about justice but also about love...
So? Then loving people go to heaven and those who aren't loving don't.

That was easy enough. :D
Waterfall wrote: With regard to Christ...then Christ is speaking in this book...but you seem to have forgotten about that...so...lets not speak more about this...you have your opinions about things and I have my opinions O:)
So now we have Christ speaking in this book too!

Apparently this is just yet another religious cult based on the Jewish Christ.

I'm not the least bit surprised.

Everyone wants to speak for Christ. This is such a common obsession with many religious fanatics. Everyone wants to claim to speak for God.

It's tiresome.

I'm waiting for humanity as a whole to finally get bored with this silliness. We aren't going to make much progress until we give up clinging to these imaginary ancient demigod myths.

If Christ was worth his salt he should have been able to do what he needed to do the first time. In fact, if Yahweh was worth his salt he should have been able to do what he needed to the first time around as well.

Clearly what we have here is a major failed theology that needs to continually make excuses for why a supposedly omnipotent creator God is so extremely inept that he can never do anything right the first time round.

The theology you are promoting demands that both Yahweh and Jesus are gross failures.
Is that what the book is saying...

I know that my thinking mainly comes from this book...but I have put this book aside...and I have thought about life.

What if this book is not telling the truth?

The only problem I have with this book is the universe...

If the universe don´t look as the book is saying then I might have to question a lot of thing...

What is the real story about life on earth?

With regard to Christ...

I have explain why he is Christ...he was the first to step forward...

Why do you keep on talking about Judaism?

Has this something to do with Judaism or with mankind?

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-a05.htm

I will highlight this...
But God provided His repentant children with abodes in distant parts of His vast Kingdom.
And He said: "Remain here in peace and rest until the Light has pervaded you and purified you; remain here until I call upon you, that you may help your creatures, help them to journey forward toward the Light, toward My Kingdom!"
And God went unto His youngest children.
And He said: "My children, some of your elder brothers and sisters are returned; bid them be welcome; for they have suffered much.
"My children, I, your Father, have promised these, your brothers and sisters, to take their creatures into My care and to make them My children. Behold, I shall bestow a spark of My own radiant Being upon every human shadow, that they can thereby strive forward, through numerous lives on Earth, from the deepest Darkness unto My Kingdom of Glory. My children, I, your Father, know that aeons must pass before the last human being is delivered from the bondage of Darkness and from life upon the Earth. But likewise do I know that you, My children, can shorten this time greatly, if you will suffer your radiant spirits to be bound unto earthly bodies, if you will live as human beings live, and suffer as human beings suffer, that you may bring the Light of the Spirit unto the Earth, that your future brothers and sisters can more easily find the way unto My Kingdom of Glory.
"My children, you shall not be compelled to go unto the Earth; but would you do this of your own free will, then I, your Father, shall thank you."
The Youngest all fell silent; for they dared not answer; for they remembered the evil that they had seen.
But when they had all remained silent for a time, the eldest of the Youngest stood forth.
And he said: "Father, I am ready; I shall bring the Light unto the children of the Earth, I shall be like them, I shall live among them and seek to help them, they who shall be my brothers and sisters. Father, send me unto the Earth!"
But then they all cried out: "Father, we are ready. We will help our future brothers and sisters, that in time they may enter Thy Kingdom."
Then God looked fondly upon them all.
And He said: "My children, you have chosen that which is right. I, your Father, thank you. But I say unto you: should human beings have struggled forward without your help, should they have fought alone against Darkness and striven through sufferings and sorrows, through sin and through death, until they had reached their rightful Home, then would their glory have become greater than yours, then would human beings become the first, and you would become the last; for then would they themselves have had to strive forward to all that I, your Father, have given you. But are you able to keep your promise, to help your earthly brothers and sisters, then will you all be equal when in time you gather in My House, and I, your Father, will love you all."
And God turned toward the eldest of the Youngest.
And He said: "My son, you were the first who was prepared to bring the Light unto the Earth. Through you this work of the Light has begun, through you shall it also be fulfilled. To you I grant the power to lead human beings forward through numerous earthly lives, until you deliver them from the Earth, that they may journey further along brighter and happier paths. And your brothers and sisters shall all obey you. But I, your Father, shall stand by your side, that you shall not grow weary. And in the fulness of time shall you bring unto human beings the greatest of all, which is Love; for you shall teach them to love one another, teach them to do good unto all who suffer. And I, your Father, shall guide you in your journeying upon the Earth."
And God spoke further unto His children.
What would you call him...if not Christ...then what? Why do you have a problem with Christ? This one (the real Christ?) was not sent down to earth to be crucified...but it was a possible outcome...if he did not succeeded in what he was sent down to do...

What was he sent down to do?

Don´t you have to read the book to get a good understanding of it all?

Could this story about life on earth be true?

I admit that there are questions to be ask...does the universe look like the book say?

The only thing I can say is...that it makes sence to me that everything is in orbit around something...the planets are in orbit around the sun and the sun is in orbit around something else and so on...therefor the book make sence to me...but it is a question that I can´t answer...and therefor I am open to other explanations and stories about life...but that there should be no God don´t make sence to me...

I understand that it can be hard to say there is a God when we look at the world...when life is not good to us...

How should we approach a world like this? What can we know about the world? Who created it? Was it created by somebody? To my knowledge it was not me, so...

If we say that it was an accident...where do that leave us? How can something come out of nothing? Nothing is nothing...zero...there is nothing to work with...so...there has to been something...something that could turn into this universe...where did it come from?

Nowhere...it must always have been there...without a cause...so...this is the cause to everything...but it has no cause itself...it just is...but why this universe and not another universe? Could it not have created another universe? Why not? Does it have limitations? Why? What is the source telling us...is it saying...look what I can create? Is that not fantastic? I can make planets orbit around a sun...did I have to do that?

Why not a world where the earth is flat...no planets...just a chessboard...

When we decide something...to do something...then we are putting limitations on ourself...there are things we can´t do...like a music instrument...it has limitations...this instrument can play this...and this instrument can play this...but together they can play this...like a women and a man...together they can make babies...

Where am I going with all this...

How can the universe be an accident? Is it a coincidence that it exist? Or was it a possibility? How can we say that heaven isn´t a possibility? Something that also exist? Why should it not exist? Because it is far out? Eternal life? We know that the source is eternal...right? Why should the source not choose an eternal body...and then experience life that way? What can I do? What can I create?