For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

Deep thinking

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

Hello everybody

I have some questions for atheist and theist.

Why do atheist put children into the world?

Nobody wants to be born without legs. Nobody wants a terrible disease. Nobody wants to be murdered.

But all these things happens in this world.

If atheist say that there isn't anything after death, then they are undermining there own ability to put children into the world, because there is nobody (intelligent) who wants to be born into that kind of world.

Have atheist thought about that?

I don´t think Christopher Hitchens (R.I.P.) or Richard Dawkins have thought about that...

Now (some) theist also have a problem, because why do they put children into the world, if God is sending them to a eternal hell?

I think the christian worldview is very strange, because if I put 10 children into the world, then God will send 9 of them to a eternal hell.

Very strange and not a good reason for me to put 10 children into the world.

Maybe I only should put one child into the world...but then I won't be doing Gods will...because God needs 10 children...because 9 have to go to a eternal hell...because that is what the good book say...well...what shall I do?

If I only put 1 child into the world then I destroy this book...because this book is based on me putting many children into the world.

Isn't it?

In fact we could blow the world apart today and the book would have failed completely...but why should we blow the world apart...just to prove a point.

That would be insane...but then again...we are going to die anyway...so why not go out whit a big bang...and stop the madness on earth.

Why do we keep on putting children into the world? Don´t we know the price for that action? How many children will suffer? Are we willing to pay the price for a day more on earth? Who are selling life? Who are buying life?

Do you wanner be born into a world where there is no heaven...where there is no place to put your dead parents? Your dead wife/hosbond...Your dead children...Your dead friends...Yourself.

Don´t we have a good reason to talk about a soul?

Maybe people like Putin don´t have a good reason to talk about a soul...maybe a soul is a scaring thought for them...because they have a lot to answar for.

So there are also a good reason not to talk about a soul...

But here we all should remember that God have a great plan for us all.

Maybe Putin haven´t heard about the great plan...justice...compassion...understanding...forgivenes...love...development...reincarnation.

Lets talk about reincarnation...because I don´t think we have got this right...are the soul created? How many souls are there? How many bodies are there? Are there more souls than bodies?

Now we are back to some kind of strange thinking...because every time there is created a body...then a soul have to fall down from heaven...and so we are in control of that fall...because we can stop putting bodies into the world.

Do the soul fall down from heaven or do it chose to come down from heaven or do it start from earth and then is on a road to heaven? Or? Where did Jesus come from? Heaven? Where did Hitler come from? Hell?

A thought on all this helltalk...because if God (the almighty) have empty the hellworld for resident, then why are we still talking about a hell? Maybe there was a hellworld at one point in time? Maybe it is gone now? Maybe Satan have turn around? Maybe Satan is asking for forgivenes? How great is God?

Who created the human body? Why don´t animals have a soul? When did God connect a soul to the human body? And why? What is the good news? That we have got it all roung? What is the real story about life on earth? Where do we come from? Where are we going? What should we tell our children? See you in heaven? Who is writting the story on earth?

Together we can change the world...but how? What are we going to teach our children? Be a good son/daughter? Well...maybe we should be a good father/mother first?

What kind of world are we putting children into?

Lets say I put 3 women and 6 men on the planet...then I have created a problem for them, because what are they going to do? 1 women and 2 men...is that aloud? What shall they do?

Just thinking out loud...

Here at the end of all this thinking I have to say that my english aint to good, so I hope you will bear with me on this.

And merry christmas to you all

Waterfall
Scholar

Re: Deep thinking

Post #141

Post by Waterfall »

Tcg wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:06 am
Waterfall wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:14 pm
If you think life is temporary, then it would not be "nice" of you to put children into the world, that you know do not want a temporary life?

Your friend forever

Waterfall
If it is true that people do not want a temporary life it would mean that they value the life they have. If this is the case wouldn't we conclude that life is in some way valuable?

If we can agree that it is, the length of life wouldn't change that. We would be denying others the chance to experience a valuable life if we choose not to have children.

This of course speaks of averages. Some lives are so miserable no one would want to live them no matter how long or short.

Tcg
I would (also) like to addres your question:
If it is true that people do not want a temporary life it would mean that they value the life they have. If this is the case wouldn't we conclude that life is in some way valuable?
A temporary life would mean that I lose my parents and so on.

What value is there in that?
If we can agree that it is, the length of life wouldn't change that. We would be denying others the chance to experience a valuable life if we choose not to have children.
What do we value?
This of course speaks of averages. Some lives are so miserable no one would want to live them no matter how long or short.
And that makes one think deep...

Let us give them something else to talk about ;-)

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Tcg
Savant

Post #142

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Waterfall in post #141]

We could dig into the details for days, but that probably won't get us very far. The fact is, no one knows what happens when one dies. We do however know that we have this present life temporary though it may be.

Your argument seems to boil down to the idea that many people don't like the concept of our lives being temporary and this then must be some kind of evidence of an afterlife. It's not. At most it tells us that some people dislike the idea of a temporary life.

There are a great many things that humans dislike. That fact has no bearing on the existence or non-existence of the things we dislike.

Not really interested in the videos.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #143

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to Tcg in post #142]
We could dig into the details for days, but that probably won't get us very far. The fact is, no one knows what happens when one dies. We do however know that we have this present life temporary though it may be.
What do we know? We know we was born and we will die someday and that most people (if not all) wants to live forever and so on.
Your argument seems to boil down to the idea that many people don't like the concept of our lives being temporary and this then must be some kind of evidence of an afterlife. It's not. At most it tells us that some people dislike the idea of a temporary life.
Would it not be better just to answer my question?
There are a great many things that humans dislike. That fact has no bearing on the existence or non-existence of the things we dislike.
Sure...
Not really interested in the videos.
Maybe others are interested...

Let us give them something else to talk about ;-)

Your friend forever

Waterfall

Tcg
Savant

Post #144

Post by Tcg »

Waterfall wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:33 pm
What do we know? We know we was born and we will die someday and that most people (if not all) wants to live forever and so on.
We also know that that desire has no effect on reality.
What question?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #145

Post by Waterfall »

Tcg wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:50 am
What question?
Our desire will not change the laws of physics...

My question was this:
If you think life is temporary, would it then be "nice" of you to put children into the world, that you know do not want a temporary life? To me a temporary life is not worse living and I would prefer not to be born at all if that was the case, so if you think life is temporary, then how to sort me from the rest?
Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #146

Post by Waterfall »

Waterfall wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:14 am
Tcg wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:50 am
What question?
Our desire will not change the laws of physics...

My question was this:
If you think life is temporary, would it then be "nice" of you to put children into the world, that you know do not want a temporary life? To me a temporary life is not worse living and I would prefer not to be born at all if that was the case, so if you think life is temporary, then how to sort me from the rest?
Your friend forever

Waterfall
I am not sure if you are thinking about an answer or if you think that you already have answered my question?

What am I arguing for here:

If you think life is temporary, would it then be nice of you to put children into the world, who you know do not want a temporary life? To me a temporary life is not worth living and I would "prefer" not to be born at all if that was the case, so if you think life is temporary, then how to sort me from the rest?

My quess is that you are not capable of sorting me from the rest. And that is a problem because you know that I do not want a temporary life. So if you think life is temporary then how will you put children into the world? Do you not care about me? What to do?

Your friend forever

Waterfall
Love is the salt of life. It takes a moment to understand and eternity to live.

Carsten Ploug Olsen

HarryDavidson701L3

Post #147

Post by HarryDavidson701L3 »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.