Sinning

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Mr.Badham
Sage

Sinning

Post #1

Post by Mr.Badham »

As an atheist, I cannot sin. I don't believe there are such things as "sins".

I know what I believe to be good and bad, and I don't have a real problem doing what I believe to be good, and I don't have a real problem not doing what I believe to be bad.

I am under no threat of eternal damnation, cause I don't believe in it.

So seriously, if you believe that your eternal soul could possibly be damned for all time, wouldn't it be easy not to sin?

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Re: Sinning

Post #31

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 1 by Mr.Badham]

[center]First things first:
Define your terms.
[/center]

Mr.Badham wrote: So seriously, if you believe that your eternal soul could possibly be damned for all time, wouldn't it be easy not to sin?
This is an excellent question, and I rather like the debate so far...

HOWEVER

First Things First, people:

Since we are going to be discussing the EXTREMELY vague concept "sin", I would love the Christians in here to DEFINE the term. Let's see if there is an agreement on the definition. I don't want to be accused later of making a STRAW MAN argument because I got it wrong.

There's no point at all discussing PAST each other because we are using the KEY term in different ways.

:)

Mr.Badham
Sage

Post #32

Post by Mr.Badham »

[Replying to post 25 by amortalman]

First of all, let me apologize for being douchey. You didn't deserve that.

However, I do enjoy being riled. I want to be riled. Much of my life is spent pretending not to be riled. If I see something that riles me, and I feel being riled is appropriate, I tend to go with it..... plus I was drunk. I also enjoy being drunk.

So, the thing that riled me was the fact that you felt the need to tell me that "If" my belief was incorrect, then I was a sinner. That argument had already been made, plus, that's something every human learns at about the age of 3. You didn't sound like an agnostic.

An agnostic would have as much reason to agree with me, as to not agree with me, but you chose to point out how I might be wrong as opposed to point out how I might be correct..... plus I was drunk.

I just had a feeling your agnosticism might have been a leaning a little to the right.

jcforever
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by jcforever »

[Replying to post 1 by Mr.Badham]

I'm happy for you. It's much easier to think the way you do instead of being forced by God to go through the process of confessing and repentance of every bad action you ever made against your family, friends, business associates or even against yourself like I had to endure for many years.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #34

Post by ttruscott »

Mr.Badham wrote:
ttruscott wrote:
Mr.Badham wrote:I do not believe in divinity, therefore there can be no transgression.
Your belief DOES create reality!!!??? Wow - wish mine did...no wait a minute...no I do not.
Wait, are you suggesting that someone else's religion is a better way to experience life?
Of course I am! I claim that YHWH's religion depicts a reality that is a far far better reality than I ever could make.
Are you suggesting that your reality isn't actually your own?
Since I do not create my reality but was created into HIS reality, of course.
Are you suggesting that you're proud of that? Are you a slave of some sort? Do you not have a mind of your own?
To live in a reality I did not create does not make me a slave, what a leap into the mire. Since I was created with a free will, I am no one's slave with a full mind of my own - so FULL OF MYSELF I was even able to rebel against GOD Almighty HIMself!!!
Let me guess, you gave up your own mind the minute you adopted someone else's? But we shouldn't be upset cause the mind you gave your's up for was "Jesus's"..... or at least that's what it said in the brochure/scripture.
Now you are just being nasty...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.