Religion v Ethics

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Religion v Ethics

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

It is said that religion is the opiate of the masses.

How does ethics avoid a similar attack?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #71

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 70 by JP Cusick]

Moderator Comment

Please review the Rules.
Repeated unsubstantiated claim

So there is evidence if one really searched for the info, but it is not going to be reported in mainstream News or documentaries

Telling people to go fishing for evidence to support your argument is not really congruent with thhe rules. Posters are required to substantiate their claims.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

help3434
Guru

Re: Religion v Ethics

Post #72

Post by help3434 »

JP Cusick wrote:
help3434 wrote: A lot of white racists gave up the Democratic Party after the civil rights movement of the 60s but you are the only person I ever heard claim that a bunch of white people abandoned Christianity and theism because of the civil rights movement. Do you have any evidence to support this claim?
I think it is because I am one of the few repentant white people, so I confess our shared white sins and it makes me a traitor to the white cause.

So there is evidence if one really searched for the info, but it is not going to be reported in mainstream News or documentaries.

I was born in 1956 so I grew up in the transition times when whites still had Christian roots but it was changing over to Atheism, and we had race riots in every school at those times and open racial hostilities, but the Courts and the Federal government required that there be integration, and the black people were highly religious and they would seek friendship based on our common Christianity, and so white people started pulling away and Atheism became the new battle cry for whites,
So more claims that this movement of white racists moving away from Christianity and taking up Atheism but not evidence or examples. Surprise, surprise. If your claim is true then why are there all these white supremacists groups that are Christian Identity rather than atheistic? I have heard of white supremacists adopting neo-paganism because they want a religion white European rather than Jewish roots but that is not atheism.
JP Cusick wrote: and especially the "evolution" which shows that whites are the highest evolved and blacks as the lowest evolved, see picture HERE.
That picture doesn't show any such thing.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #73

Post by JP Cusick »

help3434 wrote: If your claim is true then why are there all these white supremacists groups that are Christian Identity rather than atheistic?
There are really very few white-racist who claim Christianity, and it hurts the few that do, because the best non violent weapon against the KKK is to preach Jesus and the love of God to them.

The Atheism is a very clever way of pushing the white superiority through the theory of evolution and of course the survival of the fittest in natural selection.

In every case it is the white race which is the highest evolved, and the whites are the fittest which is why we dominate, and so on it goes.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

help3434
Guru

Post #74

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to post 73 by JP Cusick]

You still haven't given any evidence or examples of racists turning to atheism because of religious civil rights activists like Martin Luther King.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #75

Post by JP Cusick »

help3434 wrote: You still haven't given any evidence or examples of racists turning to atheism because of religious civil rights activists like Martin Luther King.
What happened back then is interesting but it is not as important as what we have now today.

The theory of evolution is pushed as a racist ideology of white supremacy because us whites are seen as the highest evolved, see picture HERE.

A picture does speaks louder than does the denials.

And of course the survival of the fittest = Racist Comments Here.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

William
Savant

Post #76

Post by William »

[Replying to post 75 by JP Cusick]
The theory of evolution is pushed as a racist ideology of white supremacy because us whites are seen as the highest evolved
I think there is some point to this being the case then, but now - not so much, if at all.

Indeed, racism isn't restricted to atheism, and theism is able to incorporate evolution.

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #77

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 75 by JP Cusick]

:warning: Moderator Warning
The theory of evolution is pushed as a racist ideology of white supremacy because us whites are seen as the highest evolved, see picture HERE.
Not only is this spam, it can also be considered inflammatory. Stop posting random illustrations that in no way insinuate what you are claiming. If you are going to make charges of racism please take it seriously and support your claim with actual direct evidence.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #78

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Bust Nak wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: I appreciate if Atheism people believe in some ethics and it makes me happy, yet, why they believe in Ethics? They don't have to. Right, please?
We don't have to, we do it because we want to.
Since we have so many from the Atheism and the like here, I request if they could express the codex of their Ethics and Morality, if any. Right, please?
There isn't any codex of ethics and morality for atheism.
So Ethics is not binding on the Atheism people and the like. They maybe ethical or non-ethical. Is it by way on a whim with them, please?

Regards

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #79

Post by Bust Nak »

paarsurrey1 wrote: So Ethics is not binding on the Atheism people and the like. They maybe ethical or non-ethical. Is it by way on a whim with them, please?
Correct. This is true for everyone, atheists and theists alike, theists too maybe ethical or non-ethical. Is it by way on a whim with theists, even with their codex of ethics and morality. We have plenty of example of theists who disregard what their codex says, or interpret it ways that would not typically be considered ethical.