For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

How can we build a better world?

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

I have come across this human being that I would like to support:

What a great man. And he can dance to ;-)

We should remember that we only have him here for a short while. That goes (of course) for everybody. Fortunately we now have the internet, so lets listen to what he has to say:

What would you ask him about?

And just to be clear...I am not saying he knows everything (or is right about everything). But he has a very sharp mind. There is just something great about him. He has change my life for sure. I have not been God´s best child...this is true and my only confession. Were was he when I was 20 years old? Would I have listen to him? I do not know. Of course he was in India. Building himself up. And now I am pointing to him and saying...this is a great man. Greater than Jesus? Well...I just think they could have had a great conversation about things.

Should you invite him to the USA? You sure could use some help over there. What can I do to help you? I am not a great man, so...

Maybe these two could have a great conversation about things (him and...):

How can we build a better world?

Are we using television the wrong way? Were are all the good conversations? Why all this violence and war and shit?

Hmm...is this the right forum?

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Wootah wrote:
2ndRateMind wrote:
Wootah wrote: Also: Low regulation

Armed citizens are needed to defend the better world from the ones that would take them away on the justification of building a better world.
Can't honestly see that lax gun laws made the world better for the victims of Colombine, or Sandy Hook, or the many other victims of random mass shootings that occur regularly in the US. But it's your country, and you lot are entitled to foul it up as much as you want.
Quite the opposite, too many gun laws mean that too many schools are weapons free zones and prime targets for people intent on large scale violence.
Indeed. But it is the lax gun laws that make that 'large scale violence' possible. In the UK, we currently have an issue with knife crime. But I dread to think how that casualty roster would be amplified were those knives to be replaced with guns.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

FWI
Sage

Post #22

Post by FWI »

Waterfall wrote:How can we build a better world?

We can't! Human nature will not permit it…This ignored reality is stated in Romans 7:23: "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members (NIV)."

Ever since man first made the choice to "decide" for themselves, what is right and what is wrong (Adam/Eve), the problems began and have only gotten worse over time. Sure, there has been some good, along with many deceptive comforts. But, we still have major problems with each other (different races, cultures, religions and desires), in one way or another…These problems aren't going away anytime soon.

Even, today's modern generation has fallen into the trap! They think that the solution is clear, but this so called solution will only make the problems worst. History is pushed to the side and it's claimed that their plan will work and be done the right way. Yet, it will not solve our problems, nor did it solve the problems of the past…

Hence, the truth is: For a better world to emerge for all, man's "nature" will need to be changed and there is only one source that can make that happen…So, when will that happen? When, the human race, as a whole, asks for it!

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #23

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to post 21 by FWI]

I am not sure God created Adam and Eve:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toward_the_Light
Thus, they created the first man, and hoped that he and his fellow men would be able to control the Darkness. But the humans were afraid, and escaped from the evil they felt from the Eldest. When they saw the sun, they held out their arms and asked for help. When the humans died, their spirits arose from their bodies, but the Eldest had not been able to give them Thought and a Will, and they continued as shadows — alive, but still dead, without consciousness. These zombies eventually outnumbered the living humans, wandering the earth like an army of ghosts. When the Eldest saw this, some of them felt terrible about what their experiments with the darkness had led to, and they pitied their creations. When God called for them, they asked Him to help their creatures, and God agreed to take responsibility for the humans. He gave all the dead spirits a spark of divine light, and gave them Will and Thought, and they became conscious beings. And God made laws for man's existence, ordaining that they again and again must incarnate on earth, to grow in maturity until they have learned to resist the darkness. Upon maturity, they will end their living on earth, and continue their development toward the kingdom of God.
In this book it is stated that mankind have been here for about five million years:

http://thelightuniversal.org/page67.html

This seems more in tune with reality...

I am not bound to this book, so...

But it comes with some interesting thoughts:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-a01.htm

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-ko01.htm

Can you explain things step by step until we reach this world?

That is what this book does...

In this book Christ was the first one to step forward and offer his help to mankind. That is why he is Christ. But it could have been another one and then he would have been Christ. In other words. God ask the angels if they would help mankind and he was the first one to step forward.

This book answer a lot of questions.

But what about the universe?

I can only point to these two links:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-a03.htm

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-ko03.htm

And to this:

http://thelightuniversal.org/page56.html

Question 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32.

And this:

http://thelightuniversal.org/page3.html

Question 51.

I have thought about question 31 and must say that I do not understand it...

The book was publicit in 1920 and the question and answer in 1930.

My main question is this:

Is it possible to create a universe this way?

Lets remember that if this book is wrong then it do not follow that the bible is then correct. The bible has its own problems:

viewtopic.php?p=959066#959066

And so do the Hare Krishna movement. They talk about a fall from the spirituel world and are saying (if I understand them correct) that the soul starts with its own universe...hmm...something to think about.

FWI
Sage

Post #24

Post by FWI »

[Replying to post 22 by Waterfall]
Waterfall wrote:I am not sure God created Adam and Eve:

That's fine. I don't support your positions either…Yet, what does that have to do with creating a better world? It doesn't seem like the remainder of your comments address this issue.
Waterfall wrote:In this book it is stated that mankind have been here for about five million years:

This is a perfect reason why I wouldn't check-out the suggested readings. If mankind was created five millions years ago, our planet would not have been able to sustain the enormous population that would be the result of such a long period of time. Where, even the believers in evolution don't dare stretch the time-line that far back and I surely have a problem with their theories...
Waterfall wrote:Can you explain things step by step until we reach this world?

Sure, but you don't need me to explain it, just read the bible. It's much more interesting and mostly reliable reading material. But, I will agree with you that it does have some issues. However, that's where God and the Christ come into the picture: Helping the "seekers of truth" to understand its weaknesses and preparing them for the onslaught of false prophets and misguided opinions, related to God's word and His plan for mankind…

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #25

Post by Waterfall »

I think we can build a better world if we talk about things (like we do now).

How can it go the wrong way with people like this:

It takes time to change the world.

If everybody was like Sadhguru then we would live in a peacefull world, so what to do? Is it possible to be like Sadhguru? It is possible for Sadhguru :)
[url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=959281#959281]FWI[/url] wrote: This is a perfect reason why I wouldn't check-out the suggested readings. If mankind was created five millions years ago, our planet would not have been able to sustain the enormous population that would be the result of such a long period of time. Where, even the believers in evolution don't dare stretch the time-line that far back and I surely have a problem with their theories...
Do they not talk about many millions of years?

The monkeys do not seem to have this problem...enormous population...so why should there have been this problem five million years ago?

Was it not much harder to survive at that time?

I would like to know your calculation?
FWI wrote: Sure, but you don't need me to explain it, just read the bible. It's much more interesting and mostly reliable reading material. But, I will agree with you that it does have some issues. However, that's where God and the Christ come into the picture: Helping the "seekers of truth" to understand its weaknesses and preparing them for the onslaught of false prophets and misguided opinions, related to God's word and His plan for mankind…
I would prefer you to answer the questions.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #26

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to post 23 by FWI]

Let me come with a better respond.

I think we can build a better world if we talk about things (like we do now).

Is it going the wrong way:

It takes time to change the world.

If everybody was like Sadhguru then we would live in a peacefull world, so what to do? Is it possible to be like Sadhguru? It is possible for Sadhguru ;)
FWI wrote: This is a perfect reason why I wouldn't check-out the suggested readings. If mankind was created five millions years ago, our planet would not have been able to sustain the enormous population that would be the result of such a long period of time. Where, even the believers in evolution don't dare stretch the time-line that far back and I surely have a problem with their theories...

Do they not talk about millions of years:

https://www.universetoday.com/38125/how ... -on-earth/

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-family-tree

The monkeys do not seem to have this problem...enormous population...so why should there have been this problem five million years ago? I guess you think mankind has reach its population in 6000 years (like the bible say), so this would have been the case five million years ago.

6000 years and then an enormous population.

But was it not much harder to survive five million years ago?

I would like to know your calculation.

In this book it is said that the monkeys decent from mankind = from those creatures the fallen angels made and some other creatues that existed at the time.

Do we look like the monkeys or is it the monkeys that looks like us?

Let me point to this:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-ko05.htm
Through many ages of time human beings remained, bodily as well as spiritually, at about the same level as the animals, and since Darkness had reigned practically everywhere on Earth at the time of their creation, they also became related by blood to all the mammals extant at that time. By mating with several different animal species the first apes came into existence.
I am not saying it is true, but if it is true, then it makes things more complicated, right?
FWI wrote:Sure, but you don't need me to explain it, just read the bible. It's much more interesting and mostly reliable reading material. But, I will agree with you that it does have some issues. However, that's where God and the Christ come into the picture: Helping the "seekers of truth" to understand its weaknesses and preparing them for the onslaught of false prophets and misguided opinions, related to God's word and His plan for mankind…

I would prefer that you answer the question.

The bible is not a small book like the one that I am pointing to:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/

I have tried to read the bible, but it is not a book for me.

Maybe you can answer the questions:

viewtopic.php?p=959066#959066

We could say that God or Christ is waiting for 50 men and 50 women. That would solve that problem...hmm...

What about the rest?

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #27

Post by 2ndRateMind »

FWI wrote:
Waterfall wrote:How can we build a better world?

We can't! Human nature will not permit it…
This is, of course, a counsel of despair. And history shows otherwise. At least for those of us lucky enough to have been born into the rich West, as opposed to the poor South. 50 years ago, life was more difficult than today, and 50 years before that, more difficult, still.

The keys are vision, education, cooperation, and competition. If we all have the vision to conceive of some way in which the world could be better, and cooperate with others to realise that vision, and compete with others with different visions, and have the education to sustain our enterprise through all the difficulties we might encounter, the world just will improve.

Concentration on specifics, helps, too. There are over 7 billion of us in the world. That's over 7 billion potential projects to improve it. But suppose only 1% of us are actually interested in improving the world, and suppose only 1% of projects succeed, that's still 700,000 improvements. Far from not permitting improvement, it seems to me that the restlessly discontented, questing human nature pretty much guarantees it.

Best wishes, 2RM.

FWI
Sage

Post #28

Post by FWI »

2ndRateMind wrote:This is, of course, a counsel of despair.

Well, I would consider it a wake-up call to reality…Consider this:

*80% of the world's population lives on less than $10 dollars a day, where about 3 billion people live on less than $2.50 a day.

* Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.

* About 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.

* About 2 billion abortions have been done over the last 50 years. That's about 40 million each year, worldwide!

* Over $1.5 trillion dollars was spent on military weapons in 2016. This is a clear example of the mindset of human governments. They are not preparing for peace, but for the reality of possible war. Which, is brought on by the reality of human nature.

This list is just a small glimpse of the world we live-in and where we are headed…And, no sugar-coating of the facts will change that. Only, the intervention of God and His Son will make a true difference…

Hence, the benefits you are suggesting that are or could come about, will most likely (only) benefit the peoples with the money (about 20% of the world's population), not those who don't have much of it…So, what really is being said is that most of the 80% who live in poverty today, will also be poverty tomorrow and every day after, until the Kingdom of God comes to this earth…

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #29

Post by 2ndRateMind »

[Replying to post 27 by FWI]

Well, the state of the world as it is, (and you are quite right to call it to question), does not mean it cannot be improved upon, or should not be improved upon, or will not be improved upon. We need, I think, to distinguish between the as is now and the future possible. Your contention was that progress is impossible, due to (your pessimistic view of) human nature. Mine is that it is probable, due to (my optimistic view of) human nature. I am not persuaded you have successfully countered my attitude.

Best wishes, 2RM.

FWI
Sage

Post #30

Post by FWI »

[Replying to post 28 by 2ndRateMind]

Sorry, but I disagree with your assessment. The premise that man will make the "benefits of progress" available to all the world's inhabitants is pure fiction and there is no rational proof to support such a claim…

Optimism may seem to be an admirable quality, but it has no effect on the reality that most humans face, day after day! Yet, it can also be counter-productive. Where, individuals who introduce the "everything will turn out ok" attitude, often make others feel guilty for harboring opposite feelings towards their predicaments or those of others. It is also important to realize that circumstantial change cannot always be achieved, and it is acceptance, not optimism or wishful thinking that will prevent depression or endless frustration…

So, I'm not a pessimist, as you suggest I am (related to human nature), nor am I an optimist! I'm a realist or a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly, to the best of my present abilities…
2ndRateMind wrote:I am not persuaded you have successfully countered my attitude.

Well, that's understandable, because I was not trying to get your acceptance…I was just introducing some facts about the conditions of the real world and how human nature is the main reason for those conditions. The truth is that man has the ability to change the world, for the benefit of all. So, why don't they do so?

Therefore, the idea of optimism is just a means of passing the issues down the road and hoping that someone else will solve the problems, which rarely happens. This is how human nature addresses the dilemmas and why I take the position I do…