For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

avalon
Student

Does God Exist

Post #1

Post by avalon »

Hey!

(Please don't delete this you can delete the other posts i doubled posted. Sorry)

Everyone seems to really not understand God. I am not saying I do but the concept is pretty easy. So this really gets me tense when people say God does not exist or does he exist?

Christianity never created the concept of God it is as old as humanity the concept of God and it is a valid concept and correct and extremely testable provable and will one day be answered. It is like gathering evidence for the existence of the invisible which some people did not believe invisible things existed until they discovered things which we cannot see in visible light or microscopic world.

Other societies adopted the term God because they like us believed and were correct in their beliefs and shared idols and stories of what they "think" God is. The term God developed and that is why people came together and stuck together because they wanted to get the Artwork the Idols, the stories in the undying curiosity.

So God is an alien, that is basically it in a nutshell. However it was said there are many Gods each dissimilar and they all have a nature. The Earth is not a personification of a Goddess, but she has a nature, and we refer to these Gods as Female, such as the Mother Land, or Britannia a Roman Goddess.

We all know Britannia exists it is so obvious we overlook it therefore it is proof of her existence and she has a temperate nature. Romans would ask what is the nature like of Britannia and they would describe her as magical, untamed, wild, armed with a trident, shield, with a dress blown by the relentless wind. This would be perfectly understandable by Romans not as some magical fairy in the sky.

There are other minor Gods the cause for everything around us an allegorical world view centered on all the things we admire and fear. Such as the folklore of ancient Europe about sandman in roman times it was called Hypnos his family were night, death and darkness, Hypnos was sleep. The power of sleep is very real and hypnos became the word for that altered state of trance in sleep which is real. But the myths around him are entirely metaphorical to understand in a short visual imagery to explain the word of the real phenomena. Rather than writing one hundred thousand words they wrote perhaps 50 words with imagery it is abstract thought.

This was Roman folklore called Mythology which was something to read in bed but did not believe as fact. They had philosophy to explain nature they didn't believe in the Gods as strongly as we believe in the Gods today. Cant you see that their beliefs in religion also transcend philosophy a creative way to explain what they think could exist, like aliens on other worlds. Likewise they didn't believe mountains were alive but they believed they existed and they had names for the Gods that created them to explain their point of origin of their creation.

That is why when you say does the Hebrew God exist, well just look at what happened to the Jewish people they were slaughtered throughout their history. And the story goes that the Jews killed his son... Get it now. The Gods exist but they might not be exactly like us..

You don't have to be alive to exist, you don't have to be sentient to be alive, you don't have to be intelligent to be sentient. The question is does God exist and well yes we know the Gods do exist, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Mars and well that is a modern thing but used exactly as Romans and Greeks would use the term a naming convention. But they didn't worship planets like people say they do, they merely honored them like today.

Does God exist, yes, did he create the universe, yes, is he omnipotent, yes, is he everywhere, yes, however is the Jewish God, the primordial creator deity. As i believed the Jewish God was the God of war and just look at the Israelite jewish history slaughtered by their enemies, brutalized and enslaved and exiled for their history. That is because the story goes that they the Jewish people killed the son of God.

I think this is an open and shut case

My question is what do people mean, when they ask does God exist? If i say does something exist and I don't understand what they refer to it is not evidence for the non-existence of something then push the onus of blame on me to prove something i have no idea what your referring to.

Now if you say does Jehova, Yahweh, Elohim exist? Well why dont you define what i am looking for. Who is that God you refer to? Because we know the universe exists and that is God they were referring to as the creator and he is masculine and created himself.

Now that is where the debate begins :) Who is God? What is God? Then I can say well perhaps there is no God at all except for within our imagination. And we should not worship any created being. So please define God so i can understand if it is provable.
Last edited by avalon on Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miles
Savant

Re: Does God Exist

Post #21

Post by Miles »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:57 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:41 pm
Athetotheist wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:27 am How about this:

God is the inexplicable principle underlying everything which can be explained.
So then he's not the inexplicable principle underlying everything which cannot be explained? Interesting there's this qualification.
There's no qualification; I'm suggesting that God is what cannot be explained.
Not when you say "God is the inexplicable principle underlying everything which can be explained." By using "can" you're automatically excluding what cannot be explained. It's simple English grammar. If you mean both can and cannot be explained then a far better statement would be "God is the inexplicable principle underlying everything." PERIOD!

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #22

Post by Athetotheist »

Miles wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 pm

So then he's not the inexplicable principle underlying everything which cannot be explained? Interesting there's this qualification.
Not when you say "God is the inexplicable principle underlying everything which can be explained." By using "can" you're automatically excluding what cannot be explained. It's simple English grammar. If you mean both can and cannot be explained then a far better statement would be "God is the inexplicable principle underlying everything." PERIOD!
Thank you for correcting me. I'll be sure that I never tangle with you in a debate over English grammar.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #23

Post by Athetotheist »

Tcg wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:38 pm

Which is it? Is God, "everything which can be explained" or "what cannot be explained?" Both are unsupported claims and they contradict each other.
I didn't say that God is "everything which can be explained". I suggested that God is the inexplicable principle underlying everything which can be explained. You should read more carefully.