What ruins life

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

What ruins life

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

Life would be awesome if there were no suffering, unfairness and deaths. These things ruin what could be an amazing experience. I feel so much grief about all the suffering, unfairness and deaths. I wish I could go back in time and prevent all suffering, unfairness and deaths but I can't. If I were all-knowing and all-powerful, there would be no suffering, unfairness and death. I would just make every being equally all-knowing and all-powerful and give them an infinite number of universes each so all will be equally weatlhy and healthy and wise and eternal.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Re: What ruins life

Post #51

Post by 2ndRateMind »

William wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:35 pm
2ndRateMind wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:13 pm
William wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:04 pm
2ndRateMind wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:53 pm
William wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:32 pm
2ndRateMind wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:44 am
Nicholas11 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:26 am well we were born we know we're going to die!
It's what we do in the middle that counts, I think.
Best wishes, 2RM.
It only counts if it can be saved, think I. Ultimately the Physical Universe does not count if it cannot be saved. Therefore whatever we do, doesn't count no matter even if we evolved to endure as long as the PU does...
Yes. Should we live forever, and should there be no judgement day, nothing really matters beyond our immediate gratification.
Best wishes, 2RM.
Perhaps self gratification is a symptom of the belief in the illusion that matter matters?
You might be quite correct, and entirely right. I could not possibly comment.

Best wishes, 2RM.
And yet here you are, doing the impossible!
Ha ha! Only if saying 'No comment' is a comment. I think there is plenty of room for interpretation, there.

Best wishes, 2RM
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

William
Savant

Post #52

Post by William »

2ndRateMind wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:43 pm
William wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:35 pm
2ndRateMind wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:13 pm
William wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:04 pm
2ndRateMind wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:53 pm
Nicholas11 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:26 am well we were born we know we're going to die!
Best wishes, 2RM.
It only counts if it can be saved, think I. Ultimately the Physical Universe does not count if it cannot be saved. Therefore whatever we do, doesn't count no matter even if we evolved to endure as long as the PU does...
Yes. Should we live forever, and should there be no judgement day, nothing really matters beyond our immediate gratification.
Best wishes, 2RM.
Perhaps self gratification is a symptom of the belief in the illusion that matter matters?
You might be quite correct, and entirely right. I could not possibly comment.

Best wishes, 2RM.
And yet here you are, doing the impossible!
Ha ha! Only if saying 'No comment' is a comment. I think there is plenty of room for interpretation, there.

Best wishes, 2RM
Image :joker:

Compassionist
Guru

Post #53

Post by Compassionist »

Best wishes, 2RM.
Everything counts, everyone matters.

William
Savant

Post #54

Post by William »

Compassionist wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:25 pm

Best wishes, 2RM.
Everything counts, everyone matters.
I mean in a realistic way - but you tell me. Why does everything/one matter if it/they cannot be saved?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #55

Post by nobspeople »

Compassionist wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:59 pm Life would be awesome if there were no suffering, unfairness and deaths. These things ruin what could be an amazing experience. I feel so much grief about all the suffering, unfairness and deaths. I wish I could go back in time and prevent all suffering, unfairness and deaths but I can't. If I were all-knowing and all-powerful, there would be no suffering, unfairness and death. I would just make every being equally all-knowing and all-powerful and give them an infinite number of universes each so all will be equally weatlhy and healthy and wise and eternal.
Thinking that unfairness, suffering and death ruins life, to me, shows that one doesn't truly appreciate life at all. Like it's been said, you can't appreciate the 'good' without experiencing the 'bad'. A perfect would would be boring, IMO: seeing perfectly, eating perfectly, living perfectly....unless, humanity's nature itself was changed somehow. :confused2:
Have a great, potentially godless, day!